FerrariChat.com update - Week 1 Poll | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FerrariChat.com update - Week 1 Poll

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Sep 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Thoughts about the FerrariChat update - Week 1?

Poll closed Sep 20, 2017.
  1. Do Not Like - FerrariChat was better before and not acceptable.

57 vote(s)
    23.6%
  2. Do Not Like - Acceptable especially with optional Old style.

74 vote(s)
    30.6%
  3. Indifferent - Positive & negatives about equal.

43 vote(s)
    17.8%
  4. Like - Growing on me, more positives than negatives.

50 vote(s)
    20.7%
  5. Like - Major improvements.

18 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. Joker

Joker Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2004
    Who knows
    Full Name:
    Christian
    The new style is still much to white, and the separation between posts is way too weak. The signature layout screws with the flow visually when you scroll down - there should be a more clear header on each separate post.

Dave rocks likes this.
  2. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Still missing tapatalk

dflett likes this.
  3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Image Unavailable, Please Login This is on safari on my iPhone. Looks terrible and doesn't do the sponsors any justice.

I like the way sponsor logos show up on PC/Mac web browsers, can that be duplicated on mobile?

4. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Refinements have been noted each day in response to criticisms, bugs, and suggestions since introduction and indicates management is making efforts to perfect the site. BTW- I am using the classic version. I still don't like that all threads are bold when I come back a day later. I would prefer threads to default to normal font and be bold when there are new posts since I visited last. Perhaps this is something in the settings, but I haven't seen it yet. I really do like all the font controls, bolding, underlining, italics, etc. that have been added for posting. Least not the variety of expressions...:p:rolleyes:

tomc and of2worlds like this.
  5. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Yes, those three links are HTTP. I am logged in to an HTTPS site. However, just checked it again and now all the of Rob's links take me to pages displayed in the New Style and I am logged out. Unless changes have been made it's doing something different now than what it did when I originally posted for the Subscribe link. Wired. o_O

And just now, when I tried to post this a popup came up telling me I have to be logged in to post, but I AM LOGGED IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

6. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I'm in between like and indifferent. Getting used to it on my phone and still prefer the laptop feel. So I find myself using my laptop more than before to surf.

BTW Rob. The link on the main page doesn't hyperlink. You probably know this, but just saying it in case you didnt.

7. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Search is terrible. Maybe its my eyes on the old format, but the unread posts don't pop-out as well against the read. The old site was much better.
    And it still seems stuff is running in the background. I'm typing and the cursor is 3-4 characters behind me :(

8. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I've noticed that a few times too...

9. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It was broke...and was going be even more broken eventually

10. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    hi light a paragraph and 'reply' will automatically appear and once you click on reply the hi lighted paragraph will appear automatically in the new box. Start typing under the paragraph.
    Another new useful feature here now!

Dave rocks likes this.
  11. Bisonte

Bisonte F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    It's definitely growing on me more and more, especially now that the right rail is gone. That was annoying.

12. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Same issue for me, but by far biggest issue is the font size. On iPad Pro it is almost illegible unless I pinch it larger, at which point I have to keep moving the page left, right, up, down to read posts. It's actually really irritating.

With all the empty space in the middle of the page, it makes the font size chosen seem a very strange decision, and one that is unique among the forums I use - Pistonheads (in the UK), MacLife etc. (See above pic and thumbnail below)

Attached Files:

13. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    At the one-week mark, I'm up to "Indifferent", as it's getting tweaked and getting better. Using Old Style - the New just annoys me.
    Haven't tried the Search or Conversations thus far, so don't know if they're better, tolerable, or horrible yet.
    Keep working on it!!!

14. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    By the way, I should add that there are quite a few new ideas that work great and it is clear a lot of thought has been put into this. However, I feel some of the basics have been overlooked which probably means the site owners/developers are not getting the reaction they feel is merited from the effort put in. Once the basics are sorted out, I think this will be a good update.

15. FazzerPorscheman

FazzerPorscheman F1 World Champ

Jul 28, 2010
    Piz Gloria
    Full Name:
    EnzoFerdinand
    #40 FazzerPorscheman, Sep 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    My two cents worth.

I have to say I really like this new format which I am using on an iPad 90% of the time. This is a fresh look which I feel is modern and slick. I haven't used on my Mac as yet, perhaps different there.

The ability to edit, delete and save changes is outstanding. Really simple and easy.

I used TapaTalk on my iPad previously, and just purely out of interest wonder what that would look like now.

If someone would show me how to have the time on screen or where it is situated I would be grateful.

Only other gripe is those Thumbnails. Annoying, although is that because of the way they have been Posted?

Congratulations on the Update. I'm a fan. At least on the device I use. :)

16. FazzerPorscheman

FazzerPorscheman F1 World Champ

Jul 28, 2010
    Piz Gloria
    Full Name:
    EnzoFerdinand
    Whoops, I just realised I hadn't stipulated I am using the "Old."

So what I am saying is I really like the updated "Old."

Hope that makes sense. :)

17. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    I like the new FerrariChate Update. There are indeed some major improvements with this update and the potential for more.

I'm using the very familiar "FerrariChat - Old" view and I like how clicking on a thread with new posts takes me to the first unread post. In the past week I've acclimated quickly and learned to scroll down to see newer messages instead of scrolling up the way I did for the past fifteen years. After all, that's what I do on any other website.

Thank-you again Rob, Jack and all the moderators who've worked hard on this transition these past several days.

Barry

rob lay likes this.
  18. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

The old look is much improved. It works well now. Nice job! Still can't read the new version - too hard on the eyes. I'm only using the old look.
    Wish pictures would post under text, not above it. I've made sure the cursor is below the text. Using an iPad.
    Need a tutorial section on what the features of the new SW are... wasn't there a "how to section" or instructions section on the old fchat?
    Need more time using different functions to see how they work.

19. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    I voted choice #2.

I suppose it's OK, but the old site worked just fine for me... and the old photo attachments displayed better, old User CP was better, and a few other little things too.

The only thing that I like better is that it scales better for mobile now. I never used tapatalk... I was fine using the desktop version on my phone.

And of course the "old theme" is nicer. That bright red is just ugly to look at.

20. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Good idea. Rob, how about a short video illustrating the features and commands for both versions?

21. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    That would be great. But, in general, people don't pay attention. The same questions and answers posted multiple times yet people keep asking over and over :D

wax likes this.
  22. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Agree, but the new wink emoji is a bit creepy! ;)
    T

23. PhilB

PhilB Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2004
    NYC, USA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    At first I was really annoyed. Then as things settled down and issues got resolved, it started to grow on me. A few new features I found are great and I especially like how much better it is on Android devices. Now I like it as much as I did before the changeover - but only the "Old" style. The "New" style I find too harsh to look at for my eyes.

So now I'm content and I don't need to think about the change anymore.

But don't change it again.

;)

24. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    I think they are two separate issues. Think of the HTTP site as a separate site. Login to the http site and https site and see if it works.

Getting logged off could be a setting within your browser that is deleting your cookies, I'd suggest trying a different browser just to test that theory and then look at resetting your settings to default.

Good Luck :)

25. Island Time

Island Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David
    more positives than negatives

still on old style can we keep it?