Frustrating sunshade 612 | FerrariChat

Frustrating sunshade 612

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by icelander47, Aug 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. icelander47

icelander47 Karting

Sep 12, 2012
  2. icelander47

icelander47 Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    Well I didn't realize I posted a photo of my truck as well. Any help on the sunshade is greatly appreciated

3. icelander47

icelander47 Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    Any thoughts here? I tried the guy that fixes 575, but he doesn't have the parts to fix the 612

4. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
  5. icelander47

icelander47 Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    What is causing the droop?

6. slide9595

slide9595 Rookie

Mar 24, 2019
    Full Name:
    slide
    I really like that! The whole configuration looks very well thought out (spoken by one who has never used it!).

7. icelander47

icelander47 Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    Any advice at all on how to repair?

8. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    I saw my mechanic yesterday and asked him about it. Apparently there is a plastic bit inside of the slide assembly that wears out and causes the droop (unfortunately Ferrari uses way too many plastic bits that have a limited life expectancy). The only remediation is to replace the assembly but that is extremely expensive. He suggested that you see if a wrecker has a replacement. If you cant find the right color maybe you could get the wrong color and swap out the assemblies.

The other solution is to glue Velcro to the headliner behind the sunshade. A bubba solution but it would be invisible unless the shade was down.

9. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    By the way, if you go the wrecker route, I would go halfers with you if you wanted. I see it is your passenger sunshade and I have a problem (very slight at this point) with my drivers sunshade. So if the wrecker wanted to sell the sunshades as a set I would buy the drivers side. In my case I have the same interior as yours but I have red top stitching. So no matter what I would have to take out the assembly and try to swap it.

10. slide9595

slide9595 Rookie

Mar 24, 2019
    Full Name:
    slide
    The whole configuration looks very well thought out (spoken by one who has never used it!).

Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.l.l