I guess it won't buff right out :( | Page 3 | FerrariChat

I guess it won't buff right out :(

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Shamile, Jul 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    But you still have the TR?

2. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Yes...it's for sale but that may change on the outcome of the Diablo.

Shamile

Freeze. ..Miami Vice!

3. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #53 Wade, Jul 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Shamile, I'm so sorry to hear about this but so glad that you're ok. And that your charming girlfriend wasn't with you that moment.

As I said when we last met, "I just took a picture of your car."
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Hey Wade! Aww....man, you're just killing me. That was customer appreciation day at the Ferrari dealership.

Shamile

Freeze. ..Miami Vice!

5. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Shamile, really sorry to hear of the accident! Glad you're OK, it sounds like you have things in good hands to sort out the Diablo...

But man, talk about bad juju! There's the pic of you driving your Diablo wearing a Ferrari shirt, putting the Ferrari TR up for sale, then driving the Diablo to a Ferrari customer appreciation day!?! I think Enzo's ghost might have been having a little revenge! :eek: ;)

(Just joking, hope you don't mind)

6. marlonbvm

marlonbvm Karting

Mar 15, 2014
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Max
    Sorry to hear my man. That's a nice looking Diablo. I just joined the Lambo Family coming from the Ferrari stable. It'll all get sorted out, I'm sure of it :) chin up, and hang in there!! Best wishes from Texas! Max

7. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Hahaha.....that's always been my standard joke. I wear a Ferrari shirt when I drive my Lamborghini and I wear a Lamborghini shirt when I drive my Ferrari :D

The best part is if I'm doing the groceries, people will say "oh Ferrari" Do you drive one? I'll say....yeah, but I'm driving my "other" car today. Followed by...what's the other car?

.....my Lamborghini bada boom tish! lol

Thanks for the kind words and a big congrats on the LP 640 May the dark side of the force be with you. lol

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

8. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    #58 Shamile, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well, here's the conclusion of this saga. My VT Roadster was deemed a total loss by the insurance company.

I had to hire a professional estimator to do a full in depth analysis on the car. The conclusion he came to was the boxed framed area in the rocker was hit and tweeked the frame piece that runs behind the door and up into the rear window area. It's funny that vaholtorf zeroed in on the same area. Add to the fact I have no caps on my insurance for repairs and factor in diminished value, the insurance company did a total loss based on current ACV comps provided by the estimating company.

I have already received a check and signed over my free and clear title. Basically, I have been compensated enough to buy any LP640 Roadster with a little left over for strippers and blow. ;)

I will say, if anyone here gets into an accident, in my case not of my own doing, hire a professional estimating company. They walked my through all the twists and turns this claim took. This whole situation took almost 2 months to complete. They were able to bring facts to the table and counter any quires the insurance company had. I could not have done it with such a favorable result on my own.

My car had just won a gold award ( 1/2 point off platinum for leaving the booklets at home ) at the Celebration Exotic Car Festival. The car is in top condition from top to bottom with the frame cleaned with simple green and a tooth brush. It may make a good project car for someone with the necessary skills.

...it was a good groceries getter ;)

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    How does it works?
    Who owns the car now?

10. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Insurance company. Car will probably go to copart or it may be sold already to a salvage yard

R

11. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Niiiice, Shamile. Can't wait to see the replacement. :^)

12. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    Shamile,
    Go for an other diablo!
    Lp400 are great. But you know you Will want a diablo again

13. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
    When you say "the" insurance company... are you are referring to your own or the elderly driver that whacked you?

14. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    The funny part is that we're both covered by State Farm. His insurance tapped out at 100k and then mine took over.

But, since he was deemed 100% at fault, there's no ding on my premiums and I didn't have to pay any deductible.

Shamile
    Freeze. ..Miami Vice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

15. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    lol...not a LP400....LP640. I love the lines of a Countach, but they're just not reliable or strong enough for use as an absolute daily driver.
    I love the Diablo and it's still my favorite Lamborghini. But after 10 years and 72,000 miles in mine, it's time for a change.

Shamile

Freeze. ...Miami Vice!

16. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    I'm curious how any depreciated value will be taken into account...

I am also super curious how State Farm handles the quality of the repairs. Will they want to pay for a high end repair shop? Or will they expect the Honda dealer to fix it...

I have State Farm too...

Your insurance won't cover it, as State Farm like most insurers state in their policy that it won't pay this. Now, the other guys insurance may be legally liable for that...but, they have reached the limit of the payout for 100k. So, regardless of what they owe as a 3rd party, they are done. Your insurance takes over as underinsured...

Sounds like you may have to sue the guy directly for any value loss...

17. islandguy

islandguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Northern CA & NV
    Very happy to hear you were covered. All things said it still must hurt. Your VT was gorgeous.

"But after 10 years and 72,000 miles in mine, it's time for a change."

Talk about a GREAT attitude. You're a good man and an inspiration Shamile. Best of luck with the LP640 search.

Larry

18. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    south florida outside 97degree heat and the limited ac situation in the Countach ,also old fasion dashboard and shrink issues(ha) nothing is meant tō be left outide in Florida, i drove my 01 Diablo every day for 18 months, great car, howewer if you could pull off driving a Countach as a daily ride, you would be the effing coolest guy on South beach, whatever that means, ��

19. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Actually State Farm was pretty good. They allowed me to send the car anywhere for an estimate and at their towing cost. They also said I can choose any any repair facility in the country (US)
    But after I didn't receive a proper in depth estimate, that's when I had to hire a professional estimator.

I have no caps on my insurance for repairs. So, if it really cost 1 million to repair lol..they would have to cover it. Also, in Florida, people don't have to carry very good insurance to be on the road. Most people that might hit you would say, I have nothing...go ahead and sue me. So, I carry 2 million uninsured coverage.
    The real problem was trying to convince State Farm of the comparibles. There are so few VT Roadsters, that was the problem. That's where the professional estimator really came in. He deals with insurance companies all day. He speaks the same language as the insurance company.

Shamile

Freeze. ..Miami Vice!

20. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Thanks for the kind words. A call and a couple of email exchanges has already taken place with Roy from Cats Exotics. He's already on the hunt.

Shamile

Freeze. ..Miami Vice!

21. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Haha....I almost bought a 83' before the Diablo. When I test drove it, I loved the raw feel but as you say....weak brakes....no, gawd awful brakes and what ac? LOL...I'm being harsh as it's one of my favorite cars.....but not as a all weather daily driver.

Shamile

Freeze. ...Miami Vice!

22. slownrusty

slownrusty Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Slow Rusty
    Shamile - Glad that everything was resolved and you were treated fairly as I know sometimes it can get into a dispute over value and drag on and on. I wish you the best of luck with your new purchase and look forward to reading about the new purchase. We'll miss you as a Diablo owner, but at least your're staying in the family. Any nibbles on the Testarossa?

23. Ellagirl

Ellagirl F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Nils johnsen
    I get your not getting another Diablo,being your value cash in on the first car ,would be hard to do at this pint in the Market.Diablos up, murcielagos down,hope you find a nice stick car, if not jump to the Aventador.

24. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    #74 Shamile, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
    Well...treated fairly once you have a professional in your corner with all the paperwork and backup to prove your position. Never go in defenseless or unarmed. Have your i's dotted, t's crossed and go in with solutions for all possible negative senerios.

Shamile

Freeze. ...Miami Vice!

25. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Roy does have a nice 6.0 that I could twist his arm to get into lol But, like I've said, it's just time for something else.

I would love to get an Aventador! I just love the lines on that car. Anything next to it looks like a Toyota lol. While I could possibly afford the extra 100k to get into one, I definitely can't afford to lose 100k into thin air from the first wave of depreciation to come.

Shamile

Freeze. ..Miami Vice!