Kev Hedges of Hedges Wealth Management | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Kev Hedges of Hedges Wealth Management

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Europeanroadandracing, Oct 19, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    +1...the amount of money we're talking is not worth all of this. $1400 bucks??

I usually keep my nose clear of these, but...$1400 buck?? Really???

2. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    Is this a joke? I got an email from Kevin inviting me to a party...

"Kevin N. Hedges, Managing Partner & Lisa Pansing, Ownership Representative invited you to
    The Fall Mix Cocktail Party - RSVP Only

Thursday, November 10, 2011
    6:30 PM - 10:30 PM

WHERE:
    An 1844 Antebellum Mansion
    47 Smith Street
    Charleston SC 29401"

I feel my privacy has been invaded by Kevin obtaining my email, and then using it to promote his firm. Any attorneys on here? It's an unwanted solicitation...how should I respond to make sure I NEVER get another email from him?

3. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

He sent me SPAM for almost a year before I finally marked it as a spam sender in Gmail. Absolutely unsolicited. I think he mines the FCA membership emails.

4. Europeanroadandracing

Europeanroadandracing South Carolina
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    Gil, you should go and consume $1000.- worth of food and drinks. Another friend of mine on F chat got the same invite. He asked me if I wanted to be his date, lol.

5. Europeanroadandracing

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    Daniel, that is why real professionals do not pursue their potential clients. After 20 yrs in my own shop I have learned that if someone has been smart enough and successful enough to finally own a fancy car, I owe them the courtesy of choosing where to take it for repair and not hound them to come to me. If a loved needed to have surgery for a life threatening illness would you want the doctor that knocks on your door and says "please let me do it, please. I'll save you a bunch of money over the other guy and I'm really good"
    That's creepy if you ask me.
    In our case, it's our website and word of mouth thanks to so many friends and clients and it works just fine.

Karl

6. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    #81 vrsurgeon, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
    Sounds like they are selling the "Lifestyle Asset Group" above, where you put in $300k and then you get 5 weeks a year to stay at their properties. Business model is not too clear. Get you tipsy and then introduce you to this REIT/Vacation property organization. Might be fun to go and sip some champagne. ;-)

7. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    Did you tell him you were waiting for me to ask you?

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    any reason to keep this thread open, what is out there is out there.

9. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    My fiance moved to the area and received that envelop of coupons/ads that everyone gets. She saw an ad from a local dentist, so she went to see him. Long story short...he did a terrible job, billed her and her insurance company for services he NEVER performed, then charged an extra $600 for the substandard work he did do..which he had previously admitted was not adequate and promised to correct (he never did). She went to another RECOMMENDED dentist who fixed the crappy work done by the first dentist.

I know there are marketing techniques which have proven successful...mass emails/mailings/coupons/etc...but I have yet to go somewhere, be it a restaurant or a dentist, that solicits customers in that way. I look for recommendations. That's not to say the Chinese Buffet in the coupon mailings is bad, I just choose to go somewhere else.

If I need a mechanic, I will get recommendations...if I need wealth management, I will get a recommendation.

10. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    I don't quite fit into either category, so are you saying my car isn't fancy? Or am I an anomaly? ;)

11. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    #86 gil308, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
    Any reason to close it?

The guy who threatened to sue you and the community has sent unsolicited emails to personal accounts AFTER threatening us. It continues to show his character...which was the point of the thread to begin with. He lied, threatened, and then asks me to attend his party so he can "invest" my money...?????

There are hundreds of threads out there that have been open for years...and then years later someone continues it. Why close it? I don't think the thread would have gone on this long if Kevin didn't respond with lies and threats...it would have gone away on its own and we could have drawn our own conclusions...you wouldn't have closed it then, would you? So why now?

Just my $0.02...which I may invest with someone other than Kevin.

(Rob, I'm on a roll...don't stop me now!!)

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    closed it will still be viewable and searchable. we can also open in future if anything new happens. I just think all the current info is out there and now it is a fun thread with the bantering, but off message. I'm not that intent on closing it, was just a suggestion. every morning I wake up and have to catch up on the new funny posts in the Hedges thread. :D

13. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

yes, yes gil...you are that! add to that you are seriously loyal as can be seen in this thread!

a credit to sportscar owners i would say!!

pcb

14. Dincenzo

Dincenzo Formula 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    #89 Dincenzo, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    See Rob...another reason to keep the thread open...people telling me how wonderful I am! LOL... ;) Thanks for the kind words.

While I am quite fond of Karl, even he will tell you that my loyalty lies with the truth...if he, or anyone else, is subjected to what I perceive as injustice I will speak up...as long as I'm not silenced by The Man :D

Rob, if you close this thread I will just have to troll around for another appropriate place to spread my thoughts...and next time, you may not find it as easily :)

16. blaze

blaze Karting

Jan 6, 2011
    Charleston, SC
    I looked all over....nope, no invite.

Drat.

17. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    I can forward mine to you if you are interested...for a nominal fee, of course, since I doubt I will get a referral fee from Kevin.

18. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    I was not going to post on this subject bit i can not keep quiet any longer - yes he does use the Ferrari chat address' and the Ferrari club contacts to push his business.

A few years ago I had the Ferrari Club at my house outside Asheville for an afternoon party. It was in connection with the big event at the Grove park Inn for fallen warriors. i put in on a a donation to them. Kevin came in his Porsche with Wealth Mgt plastered all over it. He was very pleasant and makes a very good impression.

Not long after, i started to get investment soliciting from him - totally unwanted. I am a fairly smart guy and it kind of creeped me out because the stuff was BS. The first approach was to buy $1.00 stock in a company that never sold anything but was the worlds next best thing - he bought the same stock shortly before @ $.10 per share. Then on the day before Xmas, I got a Fed X (unsolicited and no forwarning and no explanation) thick with loan documents for i believe up to $250,000 to lend to some start up company. I put my drink down just long enough to throw it all in the trash. I was like, wow.

Had enough

19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    what do you mean by using FerrariChat address? just contacting users he meets here by PM etc? no one has access to emails except me unless someone put in post or PM. thanks.

20. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    No Rob, I did not mean the actual address' - just the contacts and connections he makes - sorry, didn't mean to get you all stirred up - I don't think I have ever seen someone self destroy like he did on a public form - it is really kind of sad to see

21. blaze

blaze Karting

Jan 6, 2011
    Charleston, SC
    If you use a dolled up base Carrera as a rolling billboard for your investment firm, you are probably not the guy I want stewarding my duckets.

But hey, that's just me.

22. Europeanroadandracing

Dec 19, 2003
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Full Name:
    Karl Troy
    Gil, "Exotic car treatment, no matter what you drive"

23. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Just read entire post. bottom line is this "Kevin" made himself look like a jack-ass that can't handle his own finances who is probably scamming others with his "financial" business the same way he tried to scam Karl.
    Karl is a class act and he went above and beyond once again for someone who certainly didn't deserve it. I will remember this guy's firm's name.

24. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    ...and there you have it. My 308 and I have always been treated well by you. So, you gonna go with me to the Cocktail Party Kevin is throwing?

25. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    I can forward the eVite he sent me...to which I replied NO...and asked to be removed from his email list. It bugs me that he used a Ferrari Club list to solicit business...just seems like shady marketing to me.