Lamborghini 50th | FerrariChat

Lamborghini 50th

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by amenasce, Aug 6, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Factory is having an event in may 2012 (7-13 may). 1200 kms driving tour in Italy.

Looks interesting. I wonder if Lambo values will go up?

2. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #2 joe sackey, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I think you mean 2013. We will probably do this.

I dont think the 50th Anniversary will have any bearing on values. The 25th & 40th didnt. I think what will have a bearing on classic Lamborghini values is having a clear & defined market. We are a ways off that.

FWIW, here is the London Concessionaires blurb on the 50th event:
    =================================================

Lamborghini 50th Anniversary Grand Tour
    The greatest Lamborghini reunion in history

Save the Date: 7th – 11th May 2013

From the 7th to 11 May, 2013, 1200 Km of Italian territory will be invaded by hundreds of Lamborghinis, both historic and current, which will arrive from every part of the globe and parade through the most beautiful cities in Italy.

On Tuesday May 7, Lamborghini vehicles will arrive in Milan, the capital of fine design and Italian fashion, and will leave on May 8 for Forte dei Marmi, one of the most exclusive locations on the Italian Tyrrhenian coast. On Thursday May 9, the tour will head for Rome and make a triumphant entrance into the old part of the city in the evening. On Friday the 10th, the cars will set off for Bologna, the capital of the Emilia-Romagna region, where they will arrive in the evening. Saturday May 11 will be the spectacular final day of the celebration, when the cars leave Bologna on parade and arrive at the historic headquarters in Sant’Agata Bolognese, where participants can visit the Lamborghini museum and factory, and experience the world of Lamborghini in a number of entertaining activities. All this will be followed by a gala, ultra-exclusive dinner inside the factory, an event that is sure to excite everyone from beginning to end.’
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Jasperlambo

Jasperlambo Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Jasper
    #3 Jasperlambo, Aug 6, 2012
  4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Yes sorry!

It sounds like great fun. Hopefully we wont have work conflicts..i would love to do it.

5. Olivier NAMECHE

Olivier NAMECHE F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    will you come with your Miura SV ?

As the factory offers such facilities to overseas owners to bring/flight their cars in Italy.

6. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I can picture a white LP400S tearing up the Italian countryside very easily.

7. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Indeed. I don't have the SV you are thinking about, I think we will bring some kind of Countach if we do it, TBD.

8. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Should be a blast...already have all my stuff booked and cant wait...not sure which car I am taking yet as I also am having one built that may be complete real close to this, so may just do a Factory pick up....drive it there then ship it home...

9. dmii74

dmii74 Karting

Jan 1, 2004
    Aventador? What Colour? Stop Start system?

10. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Can you drive your cars with American plates on it? A few people I know did it for a Ferrari event. Does 5k-6k sound correct for the shipping as they told me?

11. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Half that if you ship by ocean. Twice that if you fly her.

12. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    Sure you can, as long as it's registred and insured there is no problem.

Would love to see your ex-swiss LP400s in person.

13. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    yes, you can drive your car here in Italy. Shipping cost depends on how much you are far from the shipping port. I spent 4 K euro (5 k USD) to ship mine by sea in 2010, but i had my car transported from Kansas and delivered here, 200 miles from sea, just the sea travel was 2 k euro or 2,5K USD.
    Emilio spent the same but by plane, as he discovered the CT is very low so they can pack two in the room reserved for one standard car: check the room availability with your car exact measures.
    Shipping time by sea from the east coast is more or less 40 days+one week for papers and storage, at Genova port. Genova is more or less 200 miles from Sant'Agata.

If you ship the car, tell the car does not work and take out the distributor cap or open the battery killer switch, as the shipping company workers here in Italy must not start the engine or may be they will destroy your engine bushings, starting the engine at high revs... or burning the clutch.

Modern car does not have those problems, but an old an precious Countach cannot be driven by shipping company workers...

ciao

14. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    #14 SFchallenge, Aug 14, 2012
    I would love to send my Diablo SV there but May is a busy time in Italy. I'm trying for the Mille Miglia 2013 which is just round the corner as well, probably 3-4 days after this & then you have the Monaco GP, historic & Concorso d'Eleganza @ Lake Como.

I've shipped my car to Genova in 2011 which is 250miles? to Milan while Bologna is just below. It was not an easy affair as I had to find the local agent in the old city & after a few hours of going through documents, we'll enter the port together where I have to drive the car personally out of the container. It's quite an experience though & you must have all the customs forms ready for non English speaking Italians....

Attached are some pics of the port in Genova or Genoa as they call it.

15. Downdraft1

Downdraft1 Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2008
    #15 Downdraft1, Aug 14, 2012
    After reading the 50th itinerary, I am quite disappointed. Seems like a "show off" tour through Italy (and a promotion for the factory) more than a sports car meeting of enthusiasts. I hope that once the web site is on line there is additional info which will include some track time.

I had the pleasure of participating in both the 25th Ann. which included laps around the Monza track about an hour before the Italian F1 race with the stands full of spectators and the 40th with an entire afternoon at a small track near Milan with Balboni driving client cars and the GT official driver doing hot laps together with the participants – another fantastic moment was the drive from Bologna to the track – the average speed was well in excess of 150 mph on the highway!

In Monza my red Urraco is pictured in the center of the photo (between the yellow Miura and the white Silhouette) while my CT is in the front row at the 40th!

16. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    I have only admiration for the guys driving their miuras at track events. Also i wonder how you guys deal with the fixed speed traps on the highway in Italy. they are everywhere. In a situation like mine, one dont care to drive 180km/h passing them and smile for the picture but for the locals?
    I also heared than now europe, and France especially is installing new systems that not only get you above the speed limit but will calculate your interval times. It appears the European govs have plenty of money for that if not for what really matters.

17. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Awesome, thanks for sharing. In 1988 you must have run into the 3 white Countachs from England :)

18. Peter.Lazzari

Peter.Lazzari Karting

Jan 2, 2008
    Lago Maggiore, Italy
    Full Name:
    Peter Lazzari
    Well, the 50 site went live a few hours ago, and the new info is quite scarse, if any, apart from the logo. Indeed, I am beginning to wonder if Downdraft1's earlier thoughts are correct.

Site mentions ... more info and details on Registration and Participation Fees on Sept 20th, yet my LC France secretary tells me that all clubs have been invited to a meeting in Sant'Agata on October 8th to discuss the programme !

So, are we going to see clubs organize their trips to / from Milano with Lamborghini then organising all the rest .... hotels, restaurants etc ? And, no mention of a track event yet either ! Hhhhhhhmmmmmmm.

This is somewhat confusing too .... "Lamborghini will fund the event directly, and will also channel 10% of the proceeds from various participation and sponsorship fees into a fund for rebuilding social and cultural centers in the earthquake-affected area of Emilia"

Peter

19. d1ablo

d1ablo Karting

Jul 7, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Paul
    No matter what they make of it... this will be lots of fun... it's the participants that make the party !

Now only need to decide what car to bring... now only need to decide what car to bring..
    350GT.. 1200km of spirited driving.. maybe not..
    Miura.. should be a good experience to drive around Italy in this beauty.. hope the restoration will be finished in time
    LM002.. need a fuel sponsor
    Diablo 6.0.. great driver.. good AC..

Dilemma...

Looking forward to see you guys there !!

20. Jasperlambo

Jan 16, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Jasper
    You take the Miura; I'll drive your Diablo :) (I am also located in NL)

21. Jasperlambo

Jan 16, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Jasper
    #21 Jasperlambo, Aug 18, 2012
    ‎"The 50th anniversary logo contains the number "50" above the word "anniversary", using the clean, essential lines typical of the distinctive style of Lamborghini's super sports cars. The diagonal line slanting upwards adds a dynamic effect, hinting at the forward-thinking approach and innovation that has always characterized the Lamborghini philosophy."

22. Olivier NAMECHE

Olivier NAMECHE F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I agree with you Paul...

The official website is quite attractive, but I was wondering that the communication to LC Presidents (8th october) would be done before the release of the infos on the net the 20th september.... more LC Presidents would have been more involved !

http://www.lamborghini50.com/

23. Stefano Pasini

Stefano Pasini Karting

Feb 2, 2011
    Bologna, Italia
    Full Name:
    Dr. Stefano Pasini
    #23 Stefano Pasini, Aug 28, 2012
    Nice to see again that picture, I have fond memories of Federica and me during that great meeting in my old white Silhouette, in this pic it's visible behind your red Urraco...three awesome days.

All the best to all the Lamborghini enthusiasts from a still very hot Italy,

Stefano

24. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Ciao Stefano, complimenti per i tuoi interessanti libri. Mi spiace che tu non abbia più la tua bellissima Urraco Silhouette bianca. Congrats for your interesting books. I'm sorry you do not own anymore that fantastic white Silhouette.

Alberto

25. Downdraft1

Downdraft1 Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2008
    Yes it was a fantastic meet!

Stefano, do you recall (in the mid 1980s) when we drove from Italy to Germany for a ILOC Lambo meet? You were driving a factory Jalpa & I had my Urraco - I remember that the factory gave you an extra ignition box "just in case"! Stay well. Alex