Lamborghini 50th | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Lamborghini 50th

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by amenasce, Aug 6, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Olivier NAMECHE

Olivier NAMECHE F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    read terms & conditions on 50 Giro website

2. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Oh damn! I found an LM002 to use, will it be good for the event? :D

Wife will love it to do some shopping & in case, erh we went offroad ><"

3. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood
    New info:

Sant’Agata Bolognese, 29 October 2012 – The route to paying and participating in the Grande Giro Lamborghini 50° Anniversario from 7-11 May 2012 is now even smoother.

Participants in the Grand Tour can now take advantage of new payment methods to join the tour: entry fees can be paid with any type of credit card via PayPal – the safest, fastest and easiest online payment system available.

And that's not the only news: aside from the free check-up available at more than 120 Lamborghini dealerships around the world, the Organizing Committee of the Grande Giro Lamborghini 50° Anniversario has chosen to modify a section of the event's General Terms. The vehicle check-up, required to participate in the event, can now not only be performed by the nearest Lamborghini dealership (who will do so for free), but also by your local/regular mechanic. The pre event check list can be downloaded from the website, and must be signed and dated by the mechanic inspecting the vehicle and then sent to [email protected].

Now all you have left to do is warm up your engines!

Lamborghini50 Event Team

4. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Who from this forum has already booked his place for the Giro 50 ?

For which package A, B, C ?

5. JonathanElstein

JonathanElstein Karting

Oct 19, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Elstein
    I've booked for package A (so far I'm apparently the only Silhouette going...)

Jonathan

6. lambojack

lambojack Rookie

Feb 25, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Jack Riddell
    Here is an e-mail I received this morning from Bob Haroutunian of the International Club. Spells out a little more information on the event. Not my cup of tea - Jack

To those of you who receive my Club event calendar:

Last week, I had to be in Milan for a meeting. I took advantage of the opportunity of being in Italy to go down to the Factory and learn more about the plans and current status of the 50th Anniversary Celebration planned for next May. The people at the Factory were very gracious with their time and provided an extensive briefing on their plans.

Here is what I learned: (Let me preface this with saying that I made it clear to them that I was not there representing any Club. I was there strictly as an interested individual, past-owner, and potential registrant.)

-Of the three packages being offered (A/B/C), only the purchase of the A package actually secures you a confirmed registration. The purchase of a B or C package only puts you on the waiting list. The Factory has capped participation at approximately 300 cars (600 people). The A Package purchasers have priority. In other words, if the Factory sells 300 A packages, all of the B and C registrations will be cancelled and their initial payment will be refunded. So, if you have your heart set on attending the event, you should buy an A package and buy it now.

As of October 25th (the Friday before my visit):

-90 registrations have been submitted with payment. 78 were for package A, 5 for package B, and 7 for package C.

-31 registrations were from the UK, 12 from Germany, 8 from the US, and 2 from Italy. The remaining registrations were not identified by country.

-The breakdown of registration by cars is:
    1 Jarama
    1 Espada
    1 400GT
    7 Diablo
    5 Countach
    2 350GT
    1 Silhouette
    2 Urraco
    6 Miura
    6 Murcielago
    16 Aventador
    33 Gallardo
    8 Not Identified

-In addition to the 90 registrations submitted with the initial payment (described above), there are already 600 pending registrations (without payment) received so far.

Other things you should know:

-Registration will close January 15th (approx). Package B and C registrants will be alerted at that time whether their provisional registration is accepted or cancelled. If it is cancelled, their initial payment will be returned. They will have no opportunity at this point to upgrade to a Package A.

-If you utilize the transport company the Factory is suggesting, the cars will be delivered to Milan. Only the basic insurance is included in the quotation. You should plan on purchasing additional all-risk insurance. All transport requests have to go through the Dealer. The Dealer will provide: Free car inspection, coordination of the shipment of the cars, and coordination with the Lamborghini Area Manager regarding any special requests or issues.

-You can now make payments by credit card as well as bank transfer. They just made this change last week.

-The only dinner where the whole group is assembled appears to be the Saturday night gala dinner at the Factory. All of the other dinners (including Friday when they arrive in Bologna) will be broken into groups at a number of venues.

-There is nothing planned for Sunday after the Gala. The event is officially over Saturday night.

-Regarding post-event activities, they are looking into the possibility of a tour organizer providing a "package" for the Mille Miglia, which starts May 16th.

-The technical inspection being required of all cars is very basic. It deals with lights, brakes, tires, fluids, etc. It can be performed by a dealer or an independent shop. The checklist that needs to be used and signed can be downloaded as a .pdf via the 50th Anniversary website (General Terms Section).

-The Factory is looking into the possibility of using this opportunity to allow cars to be inspected for admission to the Registro. They are currently in discussions with the Historical Car Association of Italy and they will provide more information on this.

-The current schedule (city to city) is based on approximately 8 hours of driving time per day, including breaks and lunch.

-The dress code for the Saturday gala may be formal (black tie/tuxedo), but this is still being discussed.

-They are aware that Ferruccio's 100th Birthday would have been in 2016, but there are no current plans for an event.

I hope this information is helpful as you and the Clubs make their plans.

Bob

7. drolafs

drolafs Rookie

Oct 10, 2008
    Hello vintage-Lamorghini lovers,

I was offline for a longer period, but today I found time to read about the next Lamborghini event - the 50th celebration. As I want to participate - with my Espada or Jarama - I wanted to get commets and info inside this forum. I have read from the beginning till the end -- the whole Lamborghini50 section. Now I realise many people feel the way I feel (say Audi event, too expensive, much driving, exposing richness, no interest in vintage cars...)
    Even more I read that the event will be a big queue-up of Gallardos, Murcis and Aventadors (more than 50 out of 90 cars as stated in the previous post!)
    Having participated in cooool events before I have to find out, that:
    - its time to wait for vintage-news within the even
    - think of skipping the event
    and/or
    - participating in the family event directly afterwards. (I did the ferruccioday event early 2012 - and it was big fun!)

I feel sad not at all being motivated to join the Audi-event next year.
    Hope new and more promising info will be provided!

Olaf

8. P300V8

P300V8 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2010
    London U.K.
    For several years I have been looking forward to the 50th at the factory but what is being proposed is out of line with my expectations and my wallet. Its good to know that some of the older cars are going but the whole thing looks to me to be overpriced and inappropriate. There are some ideas about organizing something less formal and more personal but I don’t know where these will lead.

9. indian

indian Karting

May 21, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Chris
    If something in this world must be saved, is ''culture'' and knowing so many folks that are into LAMBORGHINI, are so depressed of the way the company has scheduled the whole idea, meaning that the interest is for the'' highrollers'' which in my opinion that is what the firm is seaking, the new blood, the money,the dow,the mula! Well keeping the culture rowing my friend comes from the old guys and only! I wounlder what Mr.Balboni has to say to this.... only if he can speak free! I think that if Feruccio was around there would be a whole lot of a diffrence in the approch of the ''fans'' of the company! just my 2cents. Chris.

10. Downdraft1

Downdraft1 Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2008
    It's a showoff joy ride through Italy historical centers - in a difficult year for many families. A localized stay in Bologna and a full day at a local track like Misano or Imola with some factory cars, test drivers and maybe some trofeo G cars, racing Murcis, etc. would have been much better and affordable - would have exposed tto a greater number of people also - looked like a win win. All the owners I have spoken with have all opted not to go.

11. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    i am with you...

12. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Well written, Alex, 100% agree with you: a very few % of Italian Lambo owners will attend the Giro. That's not (just) the price, it's this showoff of money and supercars that is a nonsense in this financial troubled era for many Italian families and can give problems in the following days with tax agency and press.
    I would have opted for a sort of World Ducati Week in a track. This sort of "1000 miglia", but it's not a race and just a showoff of vanity, is a bad idea and a disaster for an old car like Miura and so on, imho.

I will not do it even it was free: i just would like to do the Bologna- sant'Agata part, a small and limited trip in the place where those car were born.

ciao

13. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    in addition, none of my 60 LCB are willing to do the 50 Giro, and I'm very balanced to lead my group of Lambo enthusiasts to something parallel + Teresa & Patrizia's event or to play in the Giro as one of the very few Belgians, 2 or 3 guys (importer, his sales team and one of his friend)...

14. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    Like at the 40th, in that sense the schedule was cool and far enough.
    I don't want to play advertisement scene, make around 2000km and pay an awful lot for something I'm not interested in.

Remember the 40th costed 550Euro per person, including the race track on saturday, now it costs the double for a less good program.

15. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    #140 italiancars, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    For anyone that is looking for a nice hotel in the area at a reasonable price. It is about 25 klm from Sant Agata in San Presero.

We stayed there at the end of Sept. It is a family owned hotel that caters to the business traveler Here are some photos.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Hotel Corte Vecchia at San PROSPERO, Modena (this is the correct name).

ciao

17. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Yes, sorry a bit of a typo on San Prospero. Great little hotel, very friendly and helpful. Will stay there again.

18. silhouette

silhouette Karting

Dec 13, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I was at the 40th (and the clubs launch of the Murcielago in 2001) and they were fantastic events.

I have been looking forward to the 50th for ten years and am very disappointed not to be going as the program does not cater for all and seems inflexible. Is it the case that if I decide not to bring a Lamborghini I cannot participate?

Normally I would be excited about any Lamborghini event but they have not catered to the hard core traditional enthusiasts nor those outside Europe who have to contemplate a logistical nightmare of shipping their cars.

A real shame.

19. lambojack

lambojack Rookie

Feb 25, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Jack Riddell
    Hi Silhouette,

I agree, the 40th was a great event. I opted to take the trip to Ferrara and the Schedoni Leather facility instead of the track. It too, was very much worth the trip. I too was looking forward to the 50th celebration, but it is not going to happen for me. If you are not electing one of the three options, you will not (as it currently stands), be able to participate in the factory events at all. C'est la vie.

I plan to be in Italy during that time, but I will do my own thing which is much less expensive and involves things that are much closer to the origins of Lamborghini.

Cheers,

Jack

20. silhouette

silhouette Karting

Dec 13, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Jack I will also be in Italy at the time.

No doubt the get together with conceivably Valentino and others will be just as rewarding.
    Perhaps a parallel event for enthusiasts who know who Wallace Dallara Stanzani and Bizzarini were could be organised. It could produce a greater number of enthusiasts that won't be participating in the other event.
    Maybe the event at Panicarola will be just that?

21. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    i think we will meet all togheter at Panicarola event... i did not decide what to do yet but at the moment this is the most interesting of all options.
    Let me know when and where you will be here in Italy: whe can meet and visit some interesting true Lamborghini places togheter.

ciao

22. Olivier NAMECHE

Aug 18, 2007
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I believe Panicarola will be the event for the real enthusiasts...

Yesterday I had a long call with our local Lambo dealer... now he didn't hide me the fact that most of european dealers are trying to convince their new customers to register Giro 50.

Belgian dealer has 13 cars registered and paid for A package... none of these Lambo owners are members of LCB... these people seem to be some of the 2011 & 2012 new buyers as : 5x Aventador and 8x Gallardo (Tropheo Stradale, Bi Color, 570 SL).

This is sad news because it demonstrates this event is VIP event but not an enthusiasts event... again, it doesn't match the spirit of what should have been the 50 celebration.

23. jollygood

jollygood Formula 3

Oct 24, 2005
    Full Name:
    jollygood

I wonder if you MUST bring a Lamborghini car to be part of the event?
    At least it seems so when choosing one of the 3 packages.
    But isn't there really any other options?
    What about all entries from overseas?
    Does factory and event organizers really think all of those are bringing their car?
    I remember the Japanese club always seems to be heavily represented at these Anniversaries.
    Wonder if they all are shipping their cars to be able to participate?

24. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK &amp; London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Hi guys, just wanted to hear some opinions. I'm from Singapore & was hoping to enter both this 50th & the Ferrari Tribute to Mille Miglia in 2013 & they're a week apart but I've tried to search & seems that Mille Miglia has a new committee again & the tribute is not open anymore.

So, shipping my DiabloSV 10K km to Italy may be a sexy idea but the cost & trouble plus the wear & tear, pre & after repairs+service is daunting. Not to mention if the car gets damaged :eek: Wife's threatening to throw my keys away! :D

I emailed a car rental in Germany but they went silent after I told them that I'll be using the Gallardo for this event & of course that pre-trip inspection. Sigh.

So, was wondering if I should really ship my car over or find another rental company that can accomodate? Otherwise, I'll probably just trailer my UK car over for a summer holiday & perhaps join in part of the procession.

25. Jota 5084

Jota 5084 Formula 3

May 18, 2006
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Eric Andersson
    Another pic of VB with the same Murcie from Munich, Germany.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bonny13/8191399370/in/photostream