Need a Remanufactured 2000 Ford Explorer SOHC engine | FerrariChat

Need a Remanufactured 2000 Ford Explorer SOHC engine

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by swift53, Sep 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    #1 swift53, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    Need: a Re-manufactured 2000 Ford Explorer SOHC engine, 4.0 liter V6. Complete, minus A/C, power steering, and sundry outside components.

Cannot send back a core as hugely expensive.

Anyone have a 'tried and true source', really reputable, preferably in the Florida area, as that is the location of the Freight Forwarder? Could be in any State really, as I have seen many that offer "free shipping", but that, is the vast unknown.

Even here, after bringing all the parts, taxes, etc. it is not cost effective to rebuild it.

Just the 'distribution parts', machine shop, special tools, and Lord knows what other gremlins will be inside, labour, we are going to hit a couple of grand.

This is a 100K miles motor and the chains (3) for the distribution are shot. Not a great motor if you ask me....
    Probably new rings, gaskets, etc., and you can figure it out that costs, will go sky high.

Now, a Dino engine, clearly we do that here :)

Thank you for the input!

Regards, Alberto

2. kens

kens Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    #2 kens, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    I have to suggest http://www.car-part.com

You should consider a low mileage engine. From the listings, a lot of these go past 100k.

3. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Thank you for the tip, we have evaluated that it will be better to buy the parts.

Regards, Alberto