Reventon thread | Page 40 | FerrariChat

Reventon thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by SefacHotRodder, Aug 12, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    C'mon, at least 19 others are happy to firm up their deal, maybe some more won't but I'm sure with those nos & a whole lot more rich folks out there. The Reventon will still be offloaded by the factory. What happens after that is not exactly in their interest & do u think it'll depreciate by half in a year? It may but the wealthy owner either won't raise an eyebrow or bother to sell it. In my part of the world, my client has received a gift; a watch worth almost as much as this car & is that watch with all it's technical wonder worth that much?

This is not the first time that Lambo has done this. It's fairly clear that they are not very interested in race (only recently), F1, Lemans etc quite unlike Ferrari or Porsche, their arch rivals. Lamborghini is a lifestyle brand of extreme styling & price with some concern for performance as well. Audi recognises it & has obviously done pretty well since 98. The existing new cars are selling so well that according to my dealer, they don't have enough cars to sell & with a long waiting list. So, they don't actually need the extra income from this Reventon to feed themselves. I would suppose it's an excercise to tell the world that they make radical looking cars for a BIG price tag & let people talk.

We folks can stone it for all they care but the Reventon is obviously not targetted for us including you & me so why get so upset over it?

How about this, tell Lambo you're upset with them & ask them to make something really purposeful for you but prepare to pay! Or do the Jim way with the Enzo P4/5, get a Murcielago, send over to a coachbuilder of your choice & you can have a one-off ultra rare Lambo probably for less than a Reventon. Oh, while you're there please ask them to lighten it, tweaked it & make it RWD then show it in the next Franckfurt Motorshow opp Lambo. Now that would be way cool :)

2. Ragin Bull

Ragin Bull Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Mike Gallo
    Sit down for this one cause it may come as a big shock.........Lamborghini did not build the car for you (lol), I'm sorry but it was designed to appeal to the clientelle who wanted more than an LP640, something with the power but more extreme and rare......I know that people would have liked to see more than 10bhp but is that a big problem??? is the LP640 underpowered??? I actually really enjoy debating with you, you bring up alot of good points and you have a sarcastic sence of humour which I like, but getting back to my point they built only 20, which are all sold, maybe if they produced a few hundred cars it would be cheaper (does that word even go with Lamborghini???) this Reventon thats availible in my opinion is someone testing the waters for selling it at a premium. Don't worry I'm sure you won't be disappointed when Lamborghini brings out the replacement for the Murcielago, until then I guess it's only human nature to complain about something : )

3. Fioravanti12

Fioravanti12 Rookie

Oct 12, 2007
    Most Lambos are for posers anyway, this ugly car is the ultimate poser ride

4. Ragin Bull

Sep 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Mike Gallo
    Very interesting 5th post......I'm curious, what is your definition of a poser???

5. Fioravanti12

Fioravanti12 Rookie

Oct 12, 2007
    Guy who buys the car strictly for attention and to feel superior to others

6. Ragin Bull

Sep 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Mike Gallo
    I really don't know any Lambo owners like that.....although when I worked at Ferrari I can't say it was the same, before the flamming starts I don't think ALL Ferrari owners are like that by any means, but definately more than Lambo owners.

7. Minte

Minte Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2004
    Wisconsin

I could've saved myself a whole lot of money on my Lamborghini. All I would've had to do is read a bunch of these posts.

8. Chaos

Chaos Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Cardiff. UK
    Full Name:
    Nick.
    thats quite a generalisation - care to tell us where you get your facts from ?

9. de993

de993 Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Oh, I am dissapointed in you guys....Nobody has a good troll picture or something???

10. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway

What makes Lamborghini any different from Porsche and Ferrari? There will always be posers and enthusiasts in the sports car market.

11. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Can you specify what you are talking about?

What has Lamborghini done in the past that was similar in any way to the R? (limited run at 4 or 5 times the price of the 'regular' model), please be specific.

-J

12. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Are you a historian? Then can you please share with us with what you know & please be specific.

I did not say they did mark up 4-5 times but it's obvious clients like to custom them a little & of course the factory will slap on a premium. I don't remember seeing figures on those since they're probably a decade or more ago. The most recent ones being SE, Nera, Versace & those are just dressing up a little here & there then calling them limited editions. Yes they are special but does it make the car go faster & so what if he goes faster than you or you smoking him?

If people have the money to spend let them do it as long as it puts a smile on their face & Lamborghini obviously knows their clients well enough to make 20cars. Why get so upset over it.

13. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    For the record, over here a Versace edition will cost more than US$1.5 million to register. A regular LP640 is US$880,000 while the regular Gallardo & F430 is US$560,000. The Pagani Zonda F CF body is about US$2million & someone registered one here. That Reventon will probably fetch near US$3mill by the time it gets registered here & I don't think our country has the highest tax system on luxury cars.

14. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    OK, thus far Ive really had nothing to say on this thread (other than carefully reading it) and have been minding my own business. This morning I get an urgent e-mail from a well-known International Car Broker. It reads:

"Joe, I have been offered a couple of Lamborghini Reventons, do you have a client for one?"

Unfortunately, I had to reply in the negative.

Images of desperate sailors bailing from a sinking ship come to mind....

Joe
    www.joesackey.com

15. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    #990 2NA, Oct 13, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Trying to unload their "options".

Has even one been delivered?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. Ragin Bull

Sep 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Mike Gallo
    I don't think they have even built one yet (other than the prototype)......And Joe; are serious about a Reventon being availible??? And is it for a premium??? If not send me an e-mail or PM.

17. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Mike,

Read my post number 139 carefully. "A COUPLE" are available. This means 'more than one'. And yes Im serious, as Im sure is the well-known International Car Broker who wrote urgently to me this morning.

I do not know any details and passed on receiving any because I have NO clients that are interested at this time. If you are interested contact Chris Murphy at www.thecarfinders.co.uk

Joe
    www.joesackey.com

18. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Yes, a bit of a historian I am.

If you are referring to special editions of existing cars, then yes, Lamborghini and many other manufacturers have done the same.

However, the R is different, it is a "new" car with a new name, that happens to be almost identical to an existing model. That is something Lamborghini has never done and I can't think of any other supercar manufacturer that has done this either. Mind you, the R is not replacing the M, it is co-existing (I have seen manufactuers replace one car with a new one that share many similarities, that's not what I'm referring to here). And, the R happens to be priced 3x-4x that of the model it is co-existing with that is "mostly" the same car (performance, dimensions, overall body, frame, etc).

One note regarding that above, I know Ferrari has done many "one offs" for special customers and given those cars "new" names though they are largely based upon existing models. That is clearly not what Lamborghini is doing, they have taken upon themselves to build a "new" car with a new name in a very short run, apparently without any actual customer feedback, they just did it and said "here", buy this.

Now, why get upset over the R? Actually I think the "looks" of the R is what about what the Murci should have been from the beginning rather than its very "soft" and rounded (you could say "bloated") design.

As for the price of the R, let's revisit that in 5 years, chances are they will sell for a lot less than "list price". I am basing this upon the historical evidence that special run cars with no real defining mechnical personality generally do not hold their value for the long term. Of course if they make a far smaller number of them, that could buoy their value (like making 2 or 3 of them such as the Diablo VTR, but 20 is too many), let me say it here, sounds like I'm talking out my neck, yes, I probably am, it is all speculation on my part, let's see what happens.

-J

19. Five

Five Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2006
    Silicon Valley, CA
    I agree with this statement. And I'd add anyone complaining about the price should be livid about the price of the Miuras.. an unoriginal copy of the GT40 with a V12 wedged in it. The first truly original and interesting car (and first supercar) Lamborghini made was the Countach. The Reventon, like the Countach, is at least a real Lamborghini.

20. Chaos

Chaos Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Cardiff. UK
    Full Name:
    Nick.
    thats nice for you :)
    its not wehat the debates about, but its still nice for you.

maybe its best for you not to add anything then if thats the best arguement you can come up with.
    the Miura prices are market driven (do you understand what that means ?)

the profile is a bit similar but thats about it.

so much crap, so little time.
    hmmmm where to start.
    do you know the origins of the word "supercar" ?

so the 350, 400, espada, islero, jarama etc werent interesting or original then ?

"The Reventon is at least a real lamborghini" ???
    just to make us all laugh at you a bit more praps you could tell us all the models that arent real lamborghinis then ?

21. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    The price of 35-year-old Miuras is completely dictated by the forces of demand & supply, and not by the marketing department of a company as is the case with the R. The R's price is artificially set, and was determined even before the car became available. That is completely different from a classic car whose value is steadily determined over 35 years by the very people who buy them. In other words the value of Miuras has been established by owners themselves writing down a number on a check or wire transfer form.

The only people I know who are "livid about the price of Miuras" as you put it are those that want them but cant afford them. Those who dont like Miuras (and it appears you dont - which is fair enough) could care less anyway.

Your comments about the Miura are fair enough. Anyone can say anything. Thats not to say that your view has any basis, merit, or value to most sports car enthusiasts worldwide. The Miura's iconic status as a benchmark car and as the true first roadgoing Supercar is well established. Your feelings about that arent going to change the minds of most who agree with Ferruccio Lamborghini himself in viewing the car as the greatest Lamborghini built. By the way, remember this: collectors vote greatness with their wallets, and we all know what the most valuable classic Lamborghini is (no, its not the Countach, or the Diablo for that matter).

Joe
    www.joesackey.com

22. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    Nothing good to say about these two idiotic statements you've just said.

I will own a Lamborghini in the near future because its my dream car and Iv'e always wanted one not to feel superior to anything else on the road or others. I can careless if what others think of me about what kind of car iam driving or where its coming from because the car is for me and not them. Also I know a Lamborghini owner whos damn proud of owning both a Lambo owned by Mario andretti and a Testarossa and even lets people drive them both. To me it sounds like he didn't buy these cars to "Feel superior" to everything else.

Do I buy my cars to please people like you? Hell No I don't buy cars to please people other than the person who's walking in my shoes. You gotta a problem well thats your own issue.

Get your facts straight before you start labling Lambos as poser rides.

23. Ragin Bull

Sep 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Mike Gallo
    Thank you for the info.

24. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    :D Joe, I hope those buyers didn't visit here & "see" how the R got slamp & thought maybe....but yes I'm surprised they are physically available for sale.

Did you really say that?

Well at least NOT for me & I'm sure countless others. In fact, it was such a magnet that I changed for a dark colour so it can "camouflage" & though it's superior to some others, it doesn't make the driver any superior. I buy it because I admire it's style, construction, engineering & of course it's rich history.

25. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Yes, I do actually like the Reventon by just looking @ the pics so far. Price aside, I think it's realy outta this world & it's a working car unlike clay models or concepts. The instruments have also been reworked & as a package, I think they've done a great job.

Err but I can't really find a rounded=soft area on the Murcie. Is it really that soft?

I absolutely agree with you on the value reflected upon mechanical personality. The Miura is like others said. Demand & supply, much like the Picasso painting which is determined by the open market rather than priced by a company which I think is very brave of Lambo on the Reventon. I wish that they find good homes.