reviews for a 599 hgte | FerrariChat

reviews for a 599 hgte

Discussion in '612/599' started by donnafugata, Aug 27, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. donnafugata

donnafugata Rookie

May 25, 2017
    looking for long term owners who have used there 599 for a review,
    i am looking at a fine example of a 2010 599 hgte, i own a 575 manual trans which
    i will keep

just looking for a modern car i can drive, one question, is it worth the extra money for a
    late model with hgte package, i can buy one of several 599 2007-8 much less without
    hgte

Grazie

2. BTX

BTX Karting

Jan 13, 2008
    France
    Owner of a HGTE, I would not change for a "normal" 599.

Now I am not sure there are rationals reasons for. Just, I can not afford a GTO^^

3. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    I have the HGTE kit on mine. Even with it, there is a sense of body roll and soft suspension when driven aggressively in the curves. So, that being said, a car without the upgrade would be even worse.

4. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    There are many previous threads which refer to the hgte - you might want to read some of them to get some background

5. tcw

tcw Karting

Mar 11, 2009
    It really is only a question you can answer by driving both and deciding if the cost difference makes a difference to you personally. Your personal driving habits/interests may have some influence on your decision. However, HGTE does gives you bragging rights and a higher resale. That being said I don't have the package and don't miss it.

6. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I am not a long term owner but I drove both extensively to review for their launches. I also own a 575 manual like you. I expected the HGTE 599 to be more different to the standard one than it was. It was tighter and a little sharper, but altogether very similar. Looked great, though, if that's important - difference in looks was bigger than drive. And I believe HGTEs will retain their values more.

The difference between a non FHP and FHP 575 certainly feels greater (let alone HGTC).

Good HGTEs are closing in on F12 territory now (and even more when 812S delivers) which gives you a whole different question. Good luck!

7. donnafugata

donnafugata Rookie

May 25, 2017
    f12,,, that does pose a different question
    i did like its drive , thanks for the info