Silverstone Traffic | FerrariChat

Silverstone Traffic

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by cobmw, Feb 10, 2024.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cobmw

cobmw Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 22, 2006
    Rocky Mountain area
    We're coming to the GP for the first time. Trying to figure out where to stay. Is the traffic to Silverstone coming from any direction lighter than another? I imagine that most of the traffic will come from the direction of London. So would staying in Coventry for example give any advantage? Or is it a nightmare regardless of how you approach it? How long should we plan to be in traffic once we get in the vicinity of the track? An hour? More?

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    For the past 10 or 20 years much of Northamptonshire has become a giant one way system for the weekend which has helped but I imagine the best advice is to set off as early as possible which in turn probably means not staying too far away - there is some advice here in the F1 section too - if you need more try asking in somewhere uk based such as pistonheads

Bluebottle likes this.
  3. MrS

MrS Rookie

Mar 31, 2023
    Full Name:
    Mr S
    My neighbours rent out their house for Silverstone GP weekend, thats in Towcester. I also know someone who lives in Silverstone village that was looking to rent their house out for the first time this year.

4. MrS

MrS Rookie

Mar 31, 2023
    Full Name:
    Mr S
    Traffic is not so bad, but we resign ourselves to getting lots of supplies early in the week, as from Tuesday/Wednesday onwards, all the local supermarkets get ransacked.

5. gsxrian

gsxrian Karting

Feb 4, 2023
    I went in the 80's .... traffic was so bad .... never again!

6. nn7man

nn7man Rookie

Aug 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Peter Crook
    If you don't mind spending some $$$, there are some fantastic country hotels in a 50 mile radius with helicopter transfers to the circuit. Far better than staying in some average AirBnb and queuing in traffic.

7. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Ferrari Uk have judt come out with their GP hospitality packs. Im sure if you are booking one of those they will help out re accommodation and transport.

ntatfas likes this.
  8. JGL

JGL Rookie

Jan 13, 2023
    Essex
    Full Name:
    Gary Jack Lomas
    If you are just going for the actual GP day then park in Silverstone village near the schools and its quite an easy stroll. Spaces are pre-booked and help the funding for the local schools.

9. ntatfas

ntatfas Karting

Apr 27, 2011
    UK
    Had a quick google and clearly was not using the right search terms, got any recommendations and/or hotel names.