The last fighter pilot | FerrariChat

The last fighter pilot

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by Bob Zambelli, Aug 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
  2. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    When I was working on the 747 derivative program we had some Japanese engineers near us who were also working on some new manufacturing methods. They were polite and maintained a working relationship. As I got to know their lead engineer he asked about my younger days and when I started working at Boeing and it segued back to the war. He asked if I served and in what branch. I told them Air Force and my occasionally riding around in B-17's and B-24's. Their demeanor changed from distant to closer and respectful when the lead engineer told them that I had been in B-24's. Then the greetings and many questions followed every day and even though I had done nothing worthy of talking about , they were very respectful and interested in my service. I had to take it as some kind of warrior respect and it made me feel uncomfortable because I wasn't even close to that. They were interesting people and I'm certain that they took home a lot of valuable info.