Update F12 Infotainment System? | FerrariChat

Update F12 Infotainment System?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Gullwing, Sep 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gullwing

Gullwing Karting

Aug 30, 2016
    I'm considering buying a 2015 F12 that has the older infotainment system. Is it possible to have the newer updated infotainment system & Apple Car Play added by the dealer? Any idea of the cost if it is possible?

2. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    Best to call dealer and ask. You might want to consider 2016 MY. It has an updated higher resolution screen than previous MYs.

3. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    The traction control electronics firmware are also different in the 2016 model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Tupps11

Tupps11 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2009
    Also curious about this. Don't really mind keeping my old TC electronics firmware. I just want Car Play!!!

5. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I might be wrong, but I think you'll find that the later system is Delphi and the older system Harman Kardon, so two completely different hardware units. Worth checking but if I'm right it would be a very expensive and labour intensive switch.

6. Gullwing

Gullwing Karting

Aug 30, 2016
    I'm having the dealer quote for this but his initial reaction was that it probably won't be economical to do so. I'll update with price when I hear back.