Ferrari 0855 Ellena | Page 13 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 0855 Ellena

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by enio45, Sep 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Another item that i had made was the window handle knobs and the dash knobs. It seems these are
    quite unique as i have had Ellena owners looking for these for years to no avail. Several of mine were cracked
    thus being floppy on the handles. Additionally some of my dash knobs were missing. Each car takes 2 large knobs for the
    windows and 4 small knobs on the dash. I took the best ones i could find, refinished them to fill cracks etc and sent them off
    to have molds made. Today i received them back . Obviously i made more that what i needed in an effort to recoup the
    cost of making them. They used these on some Boano's, Ellena's for sure across the production and TDF used them as well.

Attached Files:

2. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Been in contact with a gentleman that owned my car before he sold it to Curley. More to come!

375+ likes this.
  3. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I received this from a previous owner to M Curley ref 0855GT.

This is cool......

Attached Files:

4re308, F40org and meadracing like this.
  4. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Anyone know R. Fritz from Chinetti??

5. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Dick Fritz is still around, I will PM you.

6. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Dick was in the Lime Rock pits a few years back, hanging out, no shirt, shooting the ****. He's pure old school NART!

7. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    One item that i have been looking for has been the Ellena Seats. Well with no success worldwide - the time came where i had to
    make a decision on what to do - thus I'm going to make new seats. With help from 3 different people, I have been able to get measurements to duplicate the seats. One person and I exchanged some parts and i received a set of seat springs.

They look amazing - in the mean time we are bending tubes to make the frames for the springs.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

F40org and 19633500GT like this.
  8. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Been there and done that with the seats, how impossible is it that theses can't be found?

Shawn

9. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    The hardest part to find among all the items for my car!

Now i have patterns for the frames and springs, so i can make them for anyone!

ShadowLAP likes this.
  10. vaclav.pejr

vaclav.pejr Rookie

Jun 22, 2015
    Czech republic
    Full Name:
    Václav Pejr
    Seats finished? Update please some pics from your progress, amazing project!!

ShadowLAP likes this.
  11. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    #311 enio45, Oct 28, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    Hello fellow F chatters that have been following my restoration.

First and foremost i must apologize for the delay in updating this - a variety of issues this yr starting with the
    paint for the car. After a complete paint process done we had to redo a door and went to get more paint - - that lead to and issue with the paint not matching and after several months involving the PPG lab the issue was in their inconsistent toners that could never be matched again! Sooooo, we ended up having to repaint the entire car to get the match correct. One of the biggest CF's with paint i have been associated with. Now with that behind us, and the car completely repainted, last week i hung the front and rear suspension to finally make it a roller for the first time since 1976.

Other family issues raised this year with my sister-in-law losing a battle wth cancer - thus consuming our time as the top priority to my brother and his 2 girls. She was 59.

So now we are back to car, and excited as heck to get on with it.

The seats for the Ellena were a significant challenge and special thanks to Vaclav from the Chez Republic and his help.

He is restoring the same car and with his seats as templates and his springs we were able to obtain new springs remanufactured off his seats (he made two sets) and stencil drawings of his seat frames and also a scan using solid works program, i was able to
    use my fabricator and duplicate a set of seats. Believe me with all this help, it was not easy! A number of complex areas on the hinge area were challenging. We took it slow and fit them as we developed the pieces to ensure the seats fit, tilt and sit correctly side by side in the car. We also made the rails that was equally as challenging.

My leather, headliner and carpet for the interior has arrived and another challenge to the seats was not having the seats, we had no leather patterns. So when Ellena 0887 went thru the Worldwide Auction in Monterey, i took the opportunity with some dress making material and laid that on the seats and did a tracing of all the leather patterns so we can duplicate this with the new seats.

Boy, does this have to be this hard?? :)

To get restarted here are a few pics of where we are at. More assembly details to be published as we pick this back up.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

12. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    F40org, NürScud, 375+ and 1 other person like this.
  13. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Well, if it was easy, everybody could/would do it. ;)

Looks great ! :cool:
    Keep up the good work.

I just hope you'll drive the snot out of it when finished.

ShadowLAP and Dave rocks like this.
  14. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Lets start with driving it first :)

15. John Vardanian

John Vardanian F1 Rookie

Jul 1, 2004
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    John Vardanian
    #316 John Vardanian, Oct 28, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    Ed, good job. After the axle and rear suspension you just might find the rest to be a cakewalk in comparison. Although, the front suspension is no picnic either.

john

16. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Thank you john....

17. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Beautiful work!! Great thread. :)

Rampante likes this.
  18. silver1331

silver1331 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2009
    Great work and color combo!

19. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Thanks guys - it is going together well....next week lay in the wiring harness and get some interior/dash items set up

ShadowLAP and ChipG like this.
  20. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    I had not seen photos since it was first painter. It looks fabulous. Looking forward to more updates as it progresses.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

21. Birel

Birel Formula 3

Sep 12, 2005
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Andrew Turner
    I am just stunned by the painstaking diligence to get this car just write. I take my hat off to you.

meadracing and Dave rocks like this.
  22. Birel

Birel Formula 3

Sep 12, 2005
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Andrew Turner
    "just RIGHT'