Sold - 2010 Ferrari 612 OTO | FerrariChat

Sold 2010 Ferrari 612 OTO

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Dave.0, Oct 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dave.0

Dave.0 Karting

Jan 3, 2015
    Sedona, Dallas
    I have decided to put my 2010 612 up for sale. It is a 2010 OTO in TDF blue over beige with daytona seats. There are apparently only twenty something 2010 cars in the US. I am the third owner. I purchased the car in 2015 with around 11,500 miles. It was the exact spec I was looking for. The car currently has 19,700. The car has had all scheduled and preventative maintenance. It is a complete car with all books, keys, tools, covers etc. It comes with a complete 6 piece set of matching luggage (unused). I picked up the luggage later and it did not originally come with the car, but I thought it was a must have for these cars. The glass roof developed a chip and then a crack so I had it replaced at Boardwalk Ferrari in Dallas. The car is in excellent condition. There are a few small rock chips in the expected places. There is no significant sticky problem, although there are a few parts that are starting to get a little tacky. This is the nicest car that I have ever driven and I really have no complaints about it, but I have bunch of other cars and motorcycles that occupy my time. There are no other OTO cars I can find for sale at this time, so pricing is a little difficult. That being said - I am going to price it at 138,500. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Beautiful , a great car at a great price imo.

Good luck with your sale.

3. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Stunning. Should sell very quickly at that price. Wish i was in a position to pick up a second. OTO is bucket list for me. Great color combo.

4. Metastable

Metastable Formula Junior

Can anyone elaborate what OTO means/has?

5. lee-o

lee-o Karting

Dec 8, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Beautiful - someone is going to get a great car.

tfazio likes this.
  6. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Yes, like the others said. This is a stunning OTO priced to sell quickly. The ball polished challenge wheels compliment TDF Blue so well. GLWS.

7. lee-o

lee-o Karting

Dec 8, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Lee
    OTO = "One to One", which meant that the customer could personalize the car, at least a bit. Plus I believe the OTO has the 599 transmission, ceramic brakes, glass roof.

8. sasso1977

sasso1977 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2013
    long island ny
    Full Name:
    cesar
    beautiful, OTO seldom pop up for sale .this looks like a well kept car GLWS.

9. Metastable

Metastable Formula Junior

Ahhh thanks!

10. John Salvador

John Salvador Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2018
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Secret Saver
    Just curious, does this car have the single clutch, or dual clutch transmission?

11. John Salvador

John Salvador Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2018
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Secret Saver
    I’m a sucker for any F car that is TDF Blue over tan. Beautiful car! GLWS.

12. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Wow. Wow. Wow. Did I say that already ?
    612 OTO at this price in these colors. A bargain.

The roof makes the experience so different than the non OTO. Light and airy.

What did the repair cost ? Can only imagine. At least Boardwalk makes it as otherwise painless as possible. Steve, Naz, Paul and the group are excellent.

GLWS

13. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    It's the single clutch, John. The single clutch system got much better over time though. The OTO did come with the 599 transaxle case and dual clutch plate but it is still a single clutch system.

Nathan Willian likes this.
  14. Dave.0

Dave.0 Karting

Jan 3, 2015
    Sedona, Dallas
    Thanks for the responses. Its a great car. As far as the roof - they replace it as a single piece, but its much more complicated than a single plate of glass. The ability to adjust the tint of the roof on the fly is one of the coolest features. The roof part is 28k plus install.

G. Pepper, FerrariTexas and ScottS like this.
  15. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    28k plus

Gulp.

Love the blue. Shows the lines well. GLWS

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  16. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    AWESOME CAR AT AN AWESOME PRICE!

17. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    This must be one of the last 612s. I see the interior is "Color Upon Request" if I'm reading the sticker right. Do you know anything more about that?

18. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    Exterior/Interior colors are "Blue/Beige" per the second line below "Model Year" on the window sticker. "By request" refers to the color of a section of the dashboard (DSH5) and the piping in the seats, I believe.

19. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    HG2 handling package, too. And the upgraded exhaust tips. Somewhere around '08 the 612 got the updated sound system. The 612 received a lot of step upgrades before the major OTO updates, all of which are incorporated in the OTO AFAIK.

20. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I believe the hg* packages were still optional in oto

I think there was hgts and hgte options

I remember seeing that as a listed option on window sticker

Btw to op

Awesome car !!!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

21. Dave.0

Dave.0 Karting

Jan 3, 2015
    Sedona, Dallas
    This is my understanding as well.

As far as the HGT2 package - that was an option that this car does not have. It does have "sport exhaust" as an option.

The car is currently living in Dallas. I can be contacted by email at [email protected], which may be more reliable than the conversations on this site. It seems some conversations were there, but disappeared. It someone doesn't get a reply just send an email.

22. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Thanks for the correction, guys. Not having HGT2 actually makes the car more attractive IMO. The last thing a Ferrari needs IMO is a stiffer suspension. Opinions vary, but I thought my very basic '05 612 had a wonderful suspension. I seriously do wish I had the space for another car.

23. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    See this link for a description of the HGT2 option on the 612: https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/612-sessantas-and-otos-with-hgt1-hgt2.535521/.

I haven't seen a detailed discussion of yes/no for the HGT2 handling package option on the 612, but there are some for the HGTE handling package option on the 599 that could be applicable to the 612. In his YouTube review of the 599, Chris Harris says HGTE detracts from the GT nature of the 599, making it darty and requiring fairly constant attention to drive. Another Brit YouTube review had a similar conclusion. A 599 owner who got a Platinum for his car at the FCA 2018 National Meet last month posted his total satisfaction with the standard (non-HGTE) suspension on his car. Opinions are definitely on both side of the question, however.

Piper, we're not too far apart. Buy Dave's 612, keep it in my garage, and visit when you can. It would make a nice complement to in its TdF Bu to my Old Crate 1969 365 GTC in Azzurro Metallizato.

24. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Absolutely Beautiful.

Does all that luggage fit in the car?

25. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    Dave, when was the timing belt last changed? Any recent readout on clutch wear? Thanks!