812 VS Rumors | Page 24 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Your 2nd Amendment and all? :D

2. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Do you ever have a fire in your fireplace? Do you use wood for that fire? If so, congratulations, you just emitted more PM than years of driving your pre-GPF 812.

Do you burn candles in your home? Congratulations, you just emitted more PM than years of driving your pre-GPF 812.

About those Lorries (trucks) and that thick black smoke, chances are it included much larger particles...just the same, yes, very tiny particles are dangerous in the lungs because they body cannot flush them out and they become the basis of an infection, but you have to ingest them for a long time and in fairly high concentrations:

https://www.lung.org/lung-health-and-diseases/lung-disease-lookup/pneumoconiosis/pneumoconiosis-symptoms-causes-risks.html

But, looks like we already covered this 2 weeks ago (in this very same thread...):

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/146653122/

bottom line, the air won't be any cleaner versus what the 812 emits now, it's just not noticeable

some more background:

https://www.epa.gov/pm-pollution/particulate-matter-pm-basics

https://cfpub.epa.gov/roe/indicator_pdf.cfm?i=19

3. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Check with your Dealer you may have other options

4. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Then put the bloody things on lories!

F12JAJ likes this.
  5. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    It is much worse than that; seems they brought along 'Olde English Law' with the baggage on the boat. You don't really own anything here...

tickerhound likes this.
  6. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
  7. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    And I fathom that you understand the concept of cost to benefit and diminishing marginal returns.

Best

of2worlds and Bundy like this.
  8. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Here is an F8 with the same refrigerator on its back, LOL, from my visit to the factory a month ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bundy and of2worlds like this.
  9. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    #585 Bundy, Jun 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    LOL! That refrigerator is probably a future EU-mandated emissions add-on masquerading as current test equipment.

I have degrees in both engineering and medicine. It would be beneficial if more legislators actually had backgrounds in technology and the sciences. They obviously also skipped the classes on cost:benefit analysis that tickerhound astutely referenced.

10. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Couldn’t agree with you more!!!

Bundy and tickerhound like this.
  11. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    You wouldn't be very popular on the Isle of Man during the TT haha :)

7+ billion people on earth currently
    every single one of them will be dead in 120 years anyway
    most of the current population are already on a single-handed quest to kill themselves via smoking, drinking or drugs

You're worried one extra one might slip through the cracks?

Hey, I say if few extra people have to take a hit, so the rest of us can enjoy the pure sounds of a V12, so be it!

Ray

ferrarifanatic25 likes this.
  12. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    oh oh... not looking good for Realzeus as far as a complimentary membership to the Ferrari V12 owners club goes...

Ray

13. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Fair points, but Ferrari has to adhere to the regulations imposed to the whole car making industry. I am okay with that.
    California used to be at the forefront of environmental regulations. The EU is now the most avid advocate of environmentalism. Personally, I might not like it, but there should be a line drawn. Are Ferraris, or all other supercars for that matter, the problem? Certainly not! Can rule makers exempt those cars afforded by 0.1% of the population and make such a decision justifiable? Certainly not!!!

SVCalifornia likes this.
  14. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Lorries have their own regulations. They are by far the highest polluters on the streets though. Let us not take this to the air (aeroplanes) and sea (ships) though. They pollute infinitely more than cars and trucks.

15. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I am the same person indeed, but I have also iterated that I love the F50. Is it perfect? Of course not. Which car is perfect after all?

16. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Your speeding could result in a crash that costs someone their life. Sort of contradicts your "even one life is worth saving" position, doesn't it.

Speeding is far more likely to result in an event that could cost a life than 1 mg of soot expelled from a non-GPF V12 engine over the course of 5 years.

17. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I really cannot understand how this madness goes on in this time and age. I was an Army Officer and I have seen less combat deaths than that... Absolutely crazy!!!

18. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I kind of like this "argument" of ours mate.
    Let's say that an A Road has a speed limit of 60 mph. This speed is applied when it is packed, but said road can be taken at 100 mph when empty. When is one more dangerous? When he/she drives at 70 on a full roar, or when he/she is alone at 4 am and goes 100+ mph?

19. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I believe you poignantly stated “dura lex, sed lex” (the law is hard, but it’s the law). You cannot flip flop when it’s convenient for you. It’s either you are alright with breaking few laws or you are not. Which one is it?

Bundy likes this.
  20. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    #597 REALZEUS, Jun 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    I am comfortable with breaking a few laws. When I get caught I shall not object.

RayJohns likes this.
  21. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Well this is the V12 VS thread (I think?) but since you asked - The perfect car is a 458 Italia with seductive looks that compliment it's 9,000 RPM motor's scream. Taken all together; a very balanced effort that still stands tall in the face of current offerings!
    Actual mileage may vary...

22. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Drive the V12 and you will forget the V8...

RayJohns, klinkman and of2worlds like this.
  23. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    +1 but when I get caught I will object and use the system to get out of it.

F12JAJ likes this.