Well guys I’m back, and now... | FerrariChat

Well guys I’m back, and now...

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by 1taliantrash, Jul 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1taliantrash

1taliantrash Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2017
    I’m one of you 550 owners. The price I paid will make you **** yourself. V12 gated 6 speed for the cost of a good 3.2 Carrera. The choice was simple. Like I said the prices of these have now sunken to a good level again. Will be fun to see you guys at the FCA meets in SoCal.

DGPF and Way2fast like this.
  2. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Bargin 550s have proven to be quite costly over time...

3. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Congrats! Pics please!

paulchua and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  4. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Congrats and give us more details. Was there anything wrong with it? Their prices seem to have stabilized in the last 6 months or so.

paulchua likes this.
  5. 1taliantrash

1taliantrash Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2017
    Nobody can believe its a good car I guess. Well guess what it is, and it won’t get costly I’ll be doing all my own work and maintenance. Not paying a wrenchmonkey more than a Dr’s hourly wage! First up the timing belts...
    invite me to the local meets and those of you will see the car. I don’t do online show and tell.

DGPF likes this.
  6. 1taliantrash

1taliantrash Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2017
    There is something I need to do to the car. The PO wore rings while driving and tore up the steering wheel leather, and put some nicks in the shift knob. Slightly baggy airbag leather too. Who knows of a good source of Cuoio leather?

7. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    I was genuinely interested to see the car and get more details since I've been watching 550s for a few years. You don't do online show and tell but you created a thread talking about the cheap 550 you got as a way to rub it in to those who told you it doesn't exist last time? Seems like you do the tell part, just not the show. Anyways, enjoy your car but I'm not interested in this invite me to the show and you'll see it bs.

paulchua likes this.
  8. 1taliantrash

1taliantrash Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2017
    Don’t worry Eddie you’ll see it. You’re a local.

DGPF likes this.
  9. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Exactly. I'm guessing this is just fantasy.:rolleyes:

paulchua likes this.
  10. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #10 paulchua, Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    Welcome back 1Italiantrash, I've been missing your posts. They were some of the most entertaining from last year.

It's hard to find a person that checks all the boxes of being a major (___________)

Racist? (yup)
    Insults members (of course)
    Calling all of us know-nothings? (got it)
    Denigrates anybody that doesn't own a manual car (yes)
    Buys millions of dollars of cars on the regular,
    but when asked about it his business (he keeps it secret)
    Even Rob Lay got in the mix with his antics and called him out.

This is gonna be great fun boys! + He actually wants to make friends with you guys in person down in SoCal, I'm sure you all need to start forming a queue.

Although, I do want to give him credit. He did acknowledge last year he was a troll, which surprised me. I guess when it is so obvious (no point to continue a charade), plus the fun ends with a quick ban. He also acknowledged he had some social issues to want to troll (again, incredibly honest.)

My immature sadistic side does enjoy court jesters and clowns. It's fun banter, I just repress the sad reality of a person driven to this kind of behavior and enjoy.

11. 1taliantrash

1taliantrash Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2017
    Those were some great posts , not sure where you got racist from as that link didn’t have any post from me in it. Maybe I should restart that bet, anyone want to bet me $5k I bought a running clean 550 for under $50k?

DGPF likes this.
  12. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I don’t know, calling French people smelly and that they are always writing weird sentences? Maybe you’re just being endearing.

People here would be happy for you if you got a deal. That’s what got people confused. You like extolling your great deal, but keep the details secret. Nobody is asking for a VIN or your home address.

You literally started a thread talking about your car, yet in the very same thread said you don’t do “show and tell”. Do you not see the cognative dissonance here?

13. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

How about this.

Post the vin, no pictures and let us go find some pictures on the internet. :D

If you don't want the vin public, send it to me via PM, I'll do the legwork and find some file photos online and post them. I will make sure there's no reference to the VIN, license plate, or other identifying marks.

Or, maybe you can do what 99.999999999999% of guys do here when they start a thread about a car they bought, you can post a picture and end the nagging from all us other guys who DID post pictures when we bought our Ferraris.

Oh, and if you're interested, you could subscribe here and then get approved for the owner's forum.

D

14. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    This is a big "So What"
    Who gives a rat's behind what he paid for his car?

paulchua likes this.
  15. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

He does, obviously. :D

D

paulchua likes this.
  16. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    No pictures, no car. No car, no pictures. Pretty simple.

17. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Hasn’t he done this before;) oh yes and I was the smelly French person- that being said if u use the subway in Paris, even I, a French person would agree lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulchua likes this.
  18. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    or BART my brother.

;)

Cheers

19. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Hello Ferraridriver,

Let me bring you up to speed what this is all about.

1itlaliantrash was pooh-pooing current 550 valuations and told us all about his deep connections to world markets that allows him to get cars at far below market value. When pressed on details, he is as tight-lipped as he is on this thread. Eventually, we all were able to call him out, and collectively ridiculed his delusions of grandeur. - resulted in him taking a turn for the worse, and he resorted to full trolling.

After a six month ban, he's here again, chest pumping his bonafides with his "Well below 50K excellent condition 550."

Again, no surprise details few and far between. I've gotten great deals on cars myself; it's no big secret of the universe. All it takes is a person for whatever reason that wants (doesn't know better or needs?) to sell their vehicle below market value. Happens all the time, ask any car dealer.

It's like I got an Armani Suit from the clearance rack of Saks Fifth Avenue, and then start acting like I'm Jordan Belfort.

You:
    "Wow, how did you get that suit for $400? aren't those $3,000?!"

Me:
    "Oooh....gotta pay me a finders fee bud,, there are 'ways,' if I were to tell you, then the cat's out of the bag, why would I tell you? What do I profit from it?"
    +
    Just in case you think my example ^above^ is being hyperbolic, peruse his post history, he has given those reasons for being tight-lipped...yes, seriously!

20. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I would be very surprised if it was ever proven that he bought a 550 at any price. He has previously stated his disdain for the model amid his negativity of the Testarossa in the price trends thread:

Testarossa Price Trends

Despite his announced intention to purchase a 355 Challenge, between both the 348/355 and Challenge/GT forums, he only has 16 posts discussing anything in relation to that model, so I'm guessing he's not too serious about that either. o_O

All the best,
    Andrew.

paulchua likes this.
  21. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Rob's 355 challenge is for sale!! Opportunity knocks.

If that one isn't good enough, I can connect him with a sponsor here who buys and restores challenge cars. I think he has two or three he's working on right now.

D

paulchua likes this.
  22. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Last year I bought a brand new Giorgio Armani mens leather cross body pouch/bag in the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul for just over $25.00,

Honest,... Really!!!, ..........I mean it must be a genuine Armani ...............it says Giorgio Armani right on it

doesn't it ?

;)

paulchua likes this.
  23. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

If you look really close, it says, "Giorgio Arnoti"

:D

D

paulchua likes this.
  24. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder