Is this the Best Sounding 488 PISTA Titanium Exhaust? | FerrariChat

Is this the Best Sounding 488 PISTA Titanium Exhaust?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Patrick21x, May 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Patrick21x

Patrick21x Karting

Apr 11, 2014
    Orange County
    Hey guys, I’m Selling my 488 spider and thinking of grabbing a PISTA. Was told the stock exhaust is horrific on them like the original 488.

My buddy Ofir just got his done at Boden and said the power and sound is insane. I’ve had plenty of work done there before so I’m not worried bout quality or service.

I’m thinking it’s the one to get, what do you guys think?

FERRARI 488 DIAVOLO FOR SALE
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/488-spider-vorsteiner-diavolo-stage-2-450k-build-by-boden-autohaus.621691/

2. GOODYES

GOODYES Karting

Oct 7, 2017
    Barcelona, Spain (España)
    Full Name:
    Alejandro
    how much it cost u the pista ? im interested in that model as well

3. Patrick21x

Patrick21x Karting

Apr 11, 2014
    Orange County
    I havent bought one yet, but you can GOOGLE "Ferrari Pista For Sale" and get an idea of what they are going for

4. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
    So hard to get a nice sound out of them.. how does the F8 sound?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. GOODYES

GOODYES Karting

Oct 7, 2017
    Full Name:
    Alejandro
    search on internet means nothing as people inflates prices sometimes on hard to get models, this is why ask.
    Well, you are going to buy a pista but you dont know the price, sounds interesting at least

6. Patrick21x

Patrick21x Karting

Apr 11, 2014
    Orange County
    Like I said, I haven't bought one yet, I know what they advertise for (which is what you find with google) but I do not know what kind of DEAL you can get yet.

Feel free to do your own research if you dont like my reply

7. 020147

020147 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2006
    Midwest
    There’s no getting around the fact that the turbo cars will never have that visceral scream the NA cars are famous for. That being said I think it sounds quite lively and nice!

8. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    That exhaust sounds phenomenal. Definitely get it.

9. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    I am very certain that the 488 GTB and 488 Pista exhausts are interchangeable. I've checked a few aftermarket exhaust companies and their designs for both the GTB and Pista are identical.

The key to making the sound of the 488 range good is to decat the car in addition to changing the muffler section. Your friend's car sounds decatted from the video clip. You can also tune the car to add in more gurgles, although some tunes go a bit crazy with the popping noises.

10. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Ugh, too muted with the GPF. The notes are OK but the intensity is lost due to the GPF. I had the Tubi straight pipe exhaust on my 488 Spider and it sounded good, better than OEM.

11. GOODYES

GOODYES Karting

Oct 7, 2017
    Full Name:
    Alejandro
    so, a future aftermarket exhaust kit for F8 may change (or not due to GPF decibels over the natural engine turbo sound) the sound for good, or not