348 Hot Start problem......FIXED! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

348 Hot Start problem......FIXED!

Discussion in '348/355' started by Ingenere, Jul 30, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    The Ext Lights relay "B" seems to power the coil of the forward fog lamp relay "A" and the forward fog lamp relay seems to power the rear foglamp relay "R"

F348 Lighting Wiring Diagram

So no wiring diagram changes required?

2. m.stojanovic

m.stojanovic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2011
    Malaysia - KL
    Full Name:
    Miroljub Stojanovic
    No wiring diagram changes required. In this case, the wiring diagram and how actually the relays R and A are wired tally. I just initially got it wrong on my relays layout.

Qavion likes this.
  3. DGeoff3000

DGeoff3000 Rookie

Aug 1, 2020
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    Geoff Dean
    Hello!
    I’m a very new 348 owner with a hot start problem that seems a bit different. My 348TS will start after 5 or 6 attempts when cold, but when hot it will crank over repeatedly or long turns but not start at all. But.... if I turn the battery isolator switch off, it will start after a few attempts, although still with some difficulty. Do you think this additional relay set up will fix my issue - or do I have a more complex problem?
    Thanks for the suggestions!! So... frustrated with this issue!

4. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    Your problem is more likely bad fuel regulators or failing fuel pump (could be clogged fuel filters).

This thread shows how to fix a 348 that has a starter motor that isn't cranking the engine. There are other threads that will show you how to fix a 348 that has a working starter motor, but that have an engine that isn't catching/starting (typically a bad fuel pressure regulator).

If your starter motor is turning your engine, then this is the wrong thread for your issue.

Qavion likes this.
  5. DGeoff3000

DGeoff3000 Rookie

Aug 1, 2020
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    Geoff Dean
    thanks for the quick info and feedback.
    I bought the car 3 weeks ago and got repair records for a new timing belt service, new dual plate clutch, new fuel pumps, new fuel pressure regulators and a new fuse panel. What’s surprising that is that, if I turn off the battery isolator and then back on, the car starts more easily... but gradually gets harder and harder until almost impossible, until I switch off/on the isolator and then the cycle repeats. Wondering if this is a symptom of a failing of the main Bosch ECU or...? Thanks again.

6. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I recommend you start a thread. I have an idea but it belongs in a different thread for your issue, which is different than this thread issue.

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. DGeoff3000

DGeoff3000 Rookie

Aug 1, 2020
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    Geoff Dean
    Ok. I’ll do that later today with a bit more detail.

8. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell