430 F1 Gearbox - Shows wrong gear occsionally in dash LCD screen | FerrariChat

430 F1 Gearbox - Shows wrong gear occsionally in dash LCD screen

Discussion in '360/430' started by carguy007, Dec 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carguy007

carguy007 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2013
    Hello guys,

My buddy is having an odd issue in which his car will occasionally show the car as being in 6th gear when it is really in fourth. I searched and did not see anyone else experiencing this. I told him to just take it to a professional with an SD2 and reset all the moduels and go from there. Wanted to bounce off you guys and see if anyone else has had this issue. He also said occasionally the fourth gear LCD screen will blink, but comes and goes. I drove the car and could not get it to replicate and it shifted well with no issues. Very odd to say the least.

2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    mine did that once before the f1 actuator took a dump...then it wldnt come out of N

3. carguy007

carguy007 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2013
    Did you replace the actuator to fix this? Was it a big deal?

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yes actuator needed to be replaced. do a search...its like $7K if i remember correctly
    he might have a different issue though.

5. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    Fairly common but some test need to be done prior to condemning a actuator. It can be the potentiometers on the actuator, the actuator could need centering or there could be internal issues to the actuator that will require repair but they are getting expensive to replace, we have been rebuilding for the last 6-7 years.

6. carguy007

carguy007 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2013
    I will pass this on to him - Thanks gents

7. TheCook

TheCook Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2015
    Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Ian
    I had exactly this, just needed to tighten the three bleed screws on the back of the actuator, then loosen an eighth turn, then do a full F1 bleed, then tighten bleed screws properly, and then do a gearbox self learn. Sorted. No parts needed, 3 hours labour. Remember to drop a spot of torque marker or similar on the bleed screw heads after tightening them the final time so they stay tight this time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk