Enzo pics, CLK GTR, XJ220 etc. | FerrariChat

Enzo pics, CLK GTR, XJ220 etc.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by zjpj, Feb 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    The guy from the Middle East with the totally decked out garage (CLK GTR, F50, F40, Porsche GT1, XJ220) has added an Enzo to the stable:

We've seen the other cars before, but I think this is new

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/488281

2. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    #2 F1racer, Feb 3, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Wow, very impressive. A friend of a friend I met a couple of years ago was from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. His family owned a company that worked closely with Air France and other major airlines. He explained how the country was about 98% poor and 2% very wealthy. He said where he lived it was very common to see Ferraris, Lambos, etc... everyday. He had driven a 360 long before I ever got mine. His brother in law owned a McLaren F1 that he never drove.

It shouldn't be that much of a surprise because there is money in every country throughout the world, but I found it fascinating to hear firsthand because when I think of Saudi Arabia or a country like that, I don't think of people driving around in Diablos, 360s, McLaren F1s, etc...

4. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL
    That's true, when most people think of Saudi Arabia they think of the poor starving children. Seldome is it that people think of the oil inherited kids that drive Lambo's before they know what the car can really do. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking those people at all, they are lucky individuals. I'm happy that someone can enjoy these works of art and actually use them without worrying about the resale value. Hurray there's carguy's that use these machines, and if I was in there position I would do the same thing. If you live in Saudi Arabia and own a fast cars... think of us who will own one someday, and punch the thottle because believe us when we say we can feel thew power beneth your feet and it encourages' us! Floor that throttle where ever you own your supercar, you happiness is the driving force of our passion! I salute you if you own an exotic, no matter how you got it!!!

5. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    This is just a thought, but remember the Enzo that got stolen a few months ago. Alot of stolen cars from the US end up over seas, so......... Could it be that the Enzo in the picture is the one that got stolen? I wonder if there is info on which countries got Enzo's from the factory? We also had a post of a video, with some kids, in some middle eastern country thrashing a 355. Now yes there are people over there that have the cash to buy these kinds of car. But with the contempt that that part of the world has for the US, it wouldn't surprize me if they own stolen cars from the US, and don't give a rip that they do.

6. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    1. If you are talking about the Algar car, it was an F50, not an Enzo. I am not aware of any Enzos having been stolen so far.
    2. Where they are shipped from the factory is not necessarily where they end up. Owners move them around too. Furthermore, if even one Enzo was sent to this country, or a neighboring one, how would you then figure out if this is the right one or the wrong one? Checking the location of the photograph against a list of original destinations would be of zero value.
    3. Those kids were doing burnouts. Plenty of people do burnouts in Ferraris. Everywhere. Unremarkable, except that guy did show decent control.
    4. People don't steal cars to show contempt for a country.
    5. People don't buy stolen cars as a statement against the country they were stolen from.

Interesting theories, though...

7. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Ah yes it was an F50. Thanks for the correction.

I'm not saying that they steal cars just to show contempt. I'm saying that if they were told it was stolen they wouldn't give a flip, especially if it was from the US.

8. HMS

HMS Formula 3

Dec 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Zack Sursio
    I rather live in America and drive a civic....;)

9. TheCarcierge

TheCarcierge Formula 3

Feb 1, 2004
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott Saidel
    I DO live in America and I do drive a Civic - where do I sign up to move to Saudi???

Scottie

10. mani-1

mani-1 Rookie

Nov 22, 2003
    MALIBU, CALIFORNIA
    Full Name:
    MANI
    the guy who owns all these are is called Bin Sulayem...he is a very famous desert rally car racer. his collection of cars is unbelievable, and this enzo was one of two cars sent to dubai, United Arab Emirates. i actually have lived there, but i still think there are more exotic cars here in malibu than anywhere else in the world

11. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Yeah I remember reading a newspaper article a few years back on him.
    There were pictures of him & his whole fleet out in the desert.
    He was with the skiier Luc Alphand & was letting him drive his cars in a desert rally.
    From what I remember, he had pretty much every supercar of the 80&90's.

12. Omerta

Omerta Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2004
    That CLK is gorgous.

13. HMS

HMS Formula 3

Dec 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Zack Sursio
    Bin Who...??? Aren't we looking for that guy???