Portland Auto Show | FerrariChat

Portland Auto Show

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by donv, Feb 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Anyone else go to the Portland Auto Show? I thought I had read that a Quattroporte was going to be there, but I didn't see it.

It was nice to finally see an Enzo in person. I think I'm about the last one on this board to actually see one!

Tonkin had a 360 coupe, a 575, the Enzo, and Coupe and Spyder Maseratis.

I didn't see that much else of interest. My wife and I were both impressed with the Volvo SUV, surprisingly. I've never liked Volvos, but the space efficiency in their SUV was really something.

2. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Was there this Am 10.30 to 12noon.The mas quattroporte in metallic tan was 30 feet from the enzo.There were transportation problems (car came from Az) so it arrived late thurs nite.
    Nice lines-beautiful int-little tight in the back.It may be a tough sell (price will be between 90kand 100k) compared to the A8l and 745l at 20K less.

3. cabrio_fan

cabrio_fan Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Michael Davidson
    We just got back from the show a bit ago. We closed the place down tonight.

The Maser Quattro was nice. Didn't really wow me like I thought it was going to. The car that surprised me the most was the VW Phaeton. Man! That is some car. The V8 rings in around $64k and the W12 is supposed to add "a few more grand" according to the VW rep. That car is huge! I don't know which car was longer Don... the Phaeton or your 365 GT 2+2! The other car that caught my eye was the Audi A8. Another big car.

My favorite non-F-cars were the BMW 330ci cabrio, the Audi S4 cabrio, and the new Saab 9-3 Aero cabrio. It's a toss up.

It was a bigger show this year over last year's show. We didn't even make it into the Vintage & Classics section. Did we miss anything spectacular in there?

Oh yeah---- and the biggest surprise of the night was my wife's favorite car from the whole show: the Maserati Spyder. Black on black. It was nice but I did not expect her to pick that. She's not normally a sports car type of gal!

Any PDXers who are thinking of catching the show, I recommend hitting it this year.

Mike

4. Brianjonesphoto

Brianjonesphoto Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2003
    Seattle Wa
    Full Name:
    Brian Jones
    The v12 Phaeton is many thousand more than the V8. There was one at a dealership up here and it was marked at $84K for that I'd buy a 4portte without any questions.

5. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    The Phaeton exceeded my expectations, although I didn't have as much time to look at it as I would have liked (had to round up the kids).

The VW I'm interested in is the TDi Toureg, if that ever shows up. Although, the gas engine Touregs that were at the show didn't impress me, so maybe I'm in for a let down.