Fire Extinguisher Mounting Brackets for Sale | FerrariChat

Fire Extinguisher Mounting Brackets for Sale

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by GaryReed, Feb 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    A good friend of mine (who is currently between jobs) is selling custom made fire extinguisher brackets to fit 308s, 328s and 348s. He has several auctions going on eBay, or you can contact him directly for prices at: [email protected]

Here's his auction list: http://snipurl.com/4dzp

He is also making a different style bracket for fit: Boxers, Testarossas and 512TRs.

I have installed one in my Boxer and it works great. Here's the previous post which shows pictures, etc.
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7545

2. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    I'm interested, but some goofball is bidding on ALL THREE brackets on ebay.....unless this 'bidder' has three Ferraris, and all of them are 3-series cars, I don't know why he would bid on all three unless he's trying to drive up the auction price to help out a 'friend who's between jobs'....

I still need one, though. I'll purchase at a fair price, but I won't play games with a shill bidder and pay more than I have to.

3. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    That looks like the bracket I bought from the F-Chatter, Peter R. If they are the same ones, it took some creative bending to make it fit into my 348 CH. I would assume that the mounting points on the 308 and 328 are the same, but my mounting points were facing forward. Plus we had to heat the bracket with a blowtorch and bend it slightly b/c it was too wide for my seat rails.

Just fyi... it may fit the 308 and 328, but maybe not the 348. Again, I'm not sure if it's the same product, but just in case - just thought I'd share my experience.

Good bracket though. Works well.

Byron

4. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    M. James,

I have absolutely no knowledge of who the bidder is for those three brackets and neither does my friend. It's not a "shill" and the bidder has a feedback rating of over 300+. I don't know why anyone would want to bid on all three of these.

As I mentioned in my post, you can simply contact my friend Erik at his email address and buy a bracket directly from him at a fair price without having to deal with an auction.

I have no financial interest in this venture, I'm just try to help out a friend by spreading the word about the brackets that he's making/selling.

5. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Byron,

I do know Peter, but these are not his brackets.

The friend of mine who is making these is Erik Saltrones and he lives in Tacoma, WA. He spent a lot of time setting up an complicated bending jig to get the angles done properly. His brackets are first class work.

6. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    I've PM'd the seller, thanks Gary.

7. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron

Thanks for the heads up, Gary. Erik's product ooks like a quality piece. The bending we did was a bit more makeshift (using a clamp, blowtorch, and mallet (sp?))... but we did end up bead-blasting again afterwards for the clean finish...

Byron

8. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Will these fit an F40?

Rick

9. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Rick,

I don't know if one of them would fit an F40 or not.

You can email Erik at: [email protected] to find out. He will need to know the "center to center" measurements of the two passenger seat rail mounting bolts and if they thread in horizontally or vertically. If the 3xx series bracket doesn't work, maybe the Boxer/TR one will, or he can possibly customize one for you to make it fit an F40.

10. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
  11. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    Marq
    Thanks for the lead, Gary. I contacted Erik and have simply bought one direct! Most appreciated.

12. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    I'm surprised since that very same bracket fit in a Northwester's 348 Spyder without problems. I guess the competition seats and mounts are completely different than a normal street car.

If it didn't fit, you could've sent it back, it would've altered it, free-of-charge.

For everyone's info, I'm not making these brackets anymore.

13. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary