Anyone here own nothing other then Ferraris? | FerrariChat

Anyone here own nothing other then Ferraris?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by YellowMaranello, Feb 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. YellowMaranello

Jan 7, 2004
    Mount Holly, NJ
    Full Name:
    Pete Gold
    Anyone on here own nothing other then Ferraris? Or has a Ferrari as a daily driver, no matter the conditions outside?

2. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I've got a RED 2002 ZO6.

3. YellowMaranello

Jan 7, 2004
    Mount Holly, NJ
    Full Name:
    Pete Gold
    The Z06 is the 'beater'? haha, nice.

4. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Good question--who owns only Ferraris?

There's a guy in San Francisco who owns only one car...a black Testarossa. Also, there is a CPO (Close Protection Operative) from England who fits the bill. He had a 328 and a 355. I believe he's got a 360 now. He posts on this board sometimes.

5. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Hi TVRFreak, i think you may be talking about me,i am a CPO (close protection operative) I have a 328gts,and now own a 355 spider, i do reguarly use my bosses 360 spider. My every day cars are a rangerover and a nissan 300zx. We once spoke on the phone regarding me thrashing the TR. Or is there another CPO that posts.Your the guy with the TVR Cerbra right.

6. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    That's me, and I was talking about you--sorry, never talked to you about the other cars. Shoulda checked before posting. Edited the above post...CPO it is (but if there's three of you, do you become 3CPOs or C3POs?! :))

7. goyal99

goyal99 Karting

Mar 5, 2002
    Upstate NY - USA
    Full Name:
    V K
    Anyone's profile should include what cars most people drive other than Ferraris....I personally like P-cars as a daily driver...

VK

8. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    One 308. That's it. Nothing else.

9. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That's not what I meant. Although it is sometimes testing, especially in the winter time...

What I'm trying to say is, that this is really my one and only car. Many people have a hard time believing that. And yes, that's the car I use when I go grocery shopping or to Home Depot.
    :)

11. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    My only cars are Ferraris, with the exception of my '66 MGB, which has been in storage for 9 years. The TR is the daily driver.

As many people have written already on this site, the frequent use has made the car very reliable.

David

12. ferrarigr

ferrarigr Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Athens,Greece
    Full Name:
    Yiannis GR
    I have a Land Rover freelander parked on my Ferrari red painted garage

13. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    I have a Lotus Elise as a dayly driver in Europe. Does that qualify?

Rijk

14. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Don't forget the famed F50K, the F50 in New Orleans with 50,000 miles on it... Jim Spiro used it as a daily driver before he picked up 0808... That same F50 is now owned by someone else in New Orleans who drives it pretty often... If i understood correctly, at one point, the F50 was Jim's only car for a while... Hot stuff if you ask me...

When i met him at the track day during the Ferrari French Quarter Classic, i asked him if the Forza article was true; if he really drove his 1962 330 TRI/LM to work... His reply?

"Yeah, 3 or 4 times a week..."

Nice guy, too...

15. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    That guy sounds like one of the coolest guys ever.

16. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    let's be honest..Ferraris are not daily drivers. I own several and I know.
    I think a better question would be...what else do you drive: me, i drive a 750 BMW iL, a 330i BMW, a Porsche cayenne (my wife's car), and a 90 ZR -1 corvette. I love driving my ferraris but they are not practical. Not for grocery store shopping, for hauling your dogs around, for taking friends out to dinner...they are just fun to drive, WHEN they are driveable.

My 2 c worth,

17. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Coachi, that's quite an impressive collection of autos you have there...

i think, for some people, having a Ferrari as a daily driver is not practical, so it's not an option... For others, however, it is, so they do it... If i had a Ferrari, i wouldn't be able to drive anything else... i'd drive it everyday, everywhere... Also, there has been quite a bit of speculation as to the increased reliability of a Ferrari when driven on a more consistent basis...

For Jim Spiro, it was (is) obviously convenient, regardless of practicality; convenience can be construed somewhat existentially when used to describe something so empassioning as Ferraris...

18. scott63

scott63 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    2003 Lotus Esprit!!

19. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley
    All i've got is my Mondial. Drive it every day. My wife has a Trailblazer, but since I don't like to drive it, I never do. The Mondial has 79,000 miles on it and i'm still averaging 20,000 / year and it runs like a top.

Tom

20. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I beg to differ. Using the front, the passenger seat and the rear I can haul just about any load of groceries I need. Just did it for my party from last weekend. It also handles nicely when the trunk is loaded with beer bottles.
    :)

PS: Gilles27' dogs love his 328. The co seat and window needs a cleaning once in a while though.

21. speedemon

speedemon Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Daily drivers - BMW M-3; BMW 540; Toyota Tundra Crew

22. enzomoon

enzomoon Guest

My wife has a Volvo wagon, but I only drive Ferraris at this point. A 550 for my daily driver, and an F512M garage queen.

Regards,

Mark

23. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL
    Wow, its great to hear about those of you who drive your F-cars frequently!

My boring daily is an '02 ZX2... certainly nothing to be excited about.

Notoboy, how do like your MG? I have a '71 MGB that I'm finishing the engine on, its a fun car to drive! My dad has had a '71 TR6 in storge for some 14 odd years! Do you ever drive the MG(?), I think you should take her for a spin when the weather heats up. It may not be as quick as your TR but it'll be good for you and her! ;)

Happy driving everyone

24. Brandi

Brandi Karting

Jan 27, 2004
    Milano, Italy
    My first post... hi everyone :)

My daily drive is a VW Golf 2.8 V6 4motion, the 355 GTS is for week-ends only...

25. viper

viper Karting

Jan 26, 2004
    CHICAGO, IL
    Full Name:
    DR. J
    In response to your quote, I believe the only true DD of the ferrari list is the 550. I fyou have ever driven a 550, I believe you will know what I am talking about.
    Dr J