Drive this Sunday | FerrariChat

Drive this Sunday

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by tvrfreak, Nov 11, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    This coming Sunday, November 16th, who's up for driving out to San Juan Batista, having lunch there, checking out the 1800-style farm and museum, and doing some driving in the hills up there before heading back?

I was thinking along the lines of:
    8.30 - 9.00 Gather here (Serramonte or 92) and set off

9.30-9.45 Gather again at the bottom of the peninsula, say at Bentley of Silicon Valley, to meet up with the folks who are coming down from the east bay, and those starting off in the south bay.

11:00-11.30 Arrive, museum

12.30 - 1.30 Lunch

1.30 - 3.00 Driving and exploring

3.00 - 3.15 Gather up again, maybe coffee, then head back

That puts us back in the south bay area around 4.00 pm. In the city by 5.00pm. Marin by 5.45pm. And those who want to avoid the city all together can branch off and go up the east side of the bay.

It should be easy to stretch this out to dinner for those who want to.

I really want to get this in as a sort of "last drive" before the rains set in. But once it gets wet, it sounds like Dan has things under control with lots of karting events. I am really looking forward to that--Dan, please post the practice, test, qualifying, and race dates!

Hope to see you all--please post here if you are interested in attending.

Thanks!
    Faisal.

2. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Yeah - if this is gonna be our last one (hey, who's to say we won't get good weather later?) - let's make this one to remember.

I want EVERYONE to go out in full force to get a huge group. Cmon guys...let's really make this happen.

As for karting - I'll post everything once it's all sorted out.

--Dan

3. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    I should be able to make it. Is Bentley of Silicon Valley the old Ferrari of Los Gatos? I'll meet you there.

Gary

4. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Norm, Ben, Art, Noel, Baron, Vincent, Victor, Tony, Lox, John, Rich, Gil, Luke, Eric, Darryl - WHERE ARE YOU GUYS!?!?

Also, what about all of the quiet members from the bay area? I'm gonna start harassing you kids if you don't respond.

--Dan

5. baron

baron Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    I would like to go too, I'll plan on attending. I'll try to drag Victor along. My dad is out of town though, so the lambo stays home.

6. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Can't say for sure about Sunday yet. But tommorrow I'm going to look at a job on gues which road, 128!!! The job is almost in Mendecino, I'm thinking that I should take the Ferrari :)!!! What do you guys think about mixing business with pleasure? Would you become leery at seeing your future contractor show up driving a Ferrari?

Vincent.

7. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    I can't make a call professionally, but dude...what a wast eof 128 otherwise, huh? :D

--Dan

8. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
    let me check into Sunday schedule... I am flying out that nite on a red-eye for most of the week, and I am pretty sure I can't get more than Sun till noon away from the family. Of course I would love to go.

-tony

9. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    You are a contractor?
    What kind of stuff do you do?
    We need paving, grass, sidewalk...I also need a lift installed in the garage, but the prereq. is 2 carat diamond earings, so Oracle will have to bring back the big bonuses before I do that...

thx
    luke

10. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    By the way, is anyone bringing wives/girlfriends, or is this a boy's day out?

Gary

11. v8esprit

v8esprit Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    I also think that its a bit premature to announce this as the last of the season. I've got the tire with the best wet traction on a street car, so I'm down for the wet stuff too. :)

My passenger seat is still in limbo. But no matter what, I'm sure I won't be driving alone. hehe.

I' looking forward to it.

-Lox
    97 Lotus Esprit V8
    Palo Alto, CA

12. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Lox: if you rpassenger seat is free, a friend of mine would like to bum a ride.

--Dan

13. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    I'll ask the question on Lox's behalf...is your friend male or female???!

:)

14. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    I think this drive would be a good one for bringing along wives and/or significant others!!!

15. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Male...I don't think Lox needs ot be smoked any more on a drive...

--Dan

PS: I meant to say ther will be no smoked salmon... :D

16. Noelrp

Noelrp Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2001
    SSF
    Full Name:
    Noel
    Count me in but just for the morning drive/session. I need to get back home by 1-2pm.

17. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    So as I understand it, the plan is to have a north-side meeting point (either serramonte or that 92 intersection), and then drive down to FoLG (which will be a good place for those morning-only guys to take off), and then drive the way down from there to SJB.

Am I correct, Faisal? Can we establish times?

--Dan

18. Slackjaw

Slackjaw Rookie

Jul 25, 2003
    SF Bay area
    Full Name:
    Bill Woodward
    I'm in if I can work out the logistics. My wife will probably come if she knows she won't be the only woman there. How many folks are bringing their wives/girlfriends/S.O.'s?

--Woody

19. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
    I'll join in at the FoLG... earlier the better.

20. rivee

rivee F1 Rookie

Jan 20, 2002
    Nowhere important, USA
    Full Name:
    John
    Dan, I'll be there.

My first drive with you guys.

Gonna have to meet you in San Juan Batista, since I'm here in Monterey

Going solo.

John

21. storminnormin

storminnormin Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2002
    California
    Guys, looks like I'll have to miss this one too. I could manage a couple hours, but not the whole day. Familial duties call. Next time. Take LOTS of pics, please.
    Norm

22. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Norm,

At least make the drive to LG and turn around from there? You'll be back by 11ish

--Dan

23. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    I think I will do the 92 to FofLG leg of the route, possibly with the kids in the back. I can probably get them to nap on the way back. The 3.0 V12 racket does that to toddlers.

24. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Can't say yet, have to check out calendar.
    Its a possibility though. I saw a mention of a museum, which one would that be. There is a great restaurant down that way, but I forget the name just now. something Pines, but in Spanish, I think is the name of the town.

25. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Looks like we're gonna have a pretty good turn-out. I'll compile a list later on, but we've got a lot of people not associated with the board as well.

FDriver: PM me your contact details.

--Dan