Need Some Feedback on Flatoutracing's new website? | FerrariChat

Need Some Feedback on Flatoutracing's new website?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by FLATOUTRACING, Feb 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
  2. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    A couple of suggestions...

1. Alternate between the two pages? You don't want to combine the SRF and the Acura? New visitors might not be aware that you're racing in both classes. Also, to be slightly prejudicial, the Acura may lead a casual visitor to think "rice" (which of course is not true, but that's the first reaction of some people when they see a stickered Honda product). :)

2. give the "headlines" section a slightly different color background, to make this section standout.

3. Fonts are a little tiny bit small?

4. Describe why you stand out from all the other race sites in the country - what differentiates you from the crowd? Why should a sponsor contact YOU?

5. Right now, you succeed at being INFORMATIVE; it looks like a good, readily navigable site for finding the desired info. Maybe add some of your (alleged) humor? :) Add some more pictures? Make "Flatout Racing" logo slightly bigger? Your videos are great - make that link more distinctive?

Just off the top of my head...

vty,

--Dennis

3. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

The word "racing" which is done in flames is difficult to read and this type of "font" belongs more on monster trucks IMHO.

I like the placement of the subject index on the upper left and what you have done with the sponsors/links by using logos rather than mere typing.

4. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Dennis and KDS,

Thanks for your input. At this stage it's a test site but I also wondered about the flatoutracing logo which I will likely change.

Will have a final version next week.

Regards,

Jon

5. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    One of those things that just bugs me is the "Sound Bite"

It seems every EVERY EVERYBODY out there uses the high rev run or some bad Techno on their site.

Wondering about finding something "New" to put there