Blackhawk | FerrariChat

Blackhawk

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by htran, Jul 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. testarossanera

Jul 11, 2004
    Henry, thanks for organizing the trip and posting the pics. They look great.

Jason

2. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Looks like you guys had a great time! Cool pictures. Sorry to see the damage on the nero...what happened?

--Dan

3. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    Ouch! Ouch! yes, what did happen?

A 512 TR?!! :D

A nice collection of cars in attendance, and under roof. I can't pinpoint that white 250GT Cab, it doesn't have chrome headlight housing or fender lights. That is a good picture of the group!

4. david1175

david1175 Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2004
    in the doghouse
    Full Name:
    David
    Great day with a fun group of guys! EVERYONE from Nor Cal (that means you 30-40 in CC and Alameda Co.'s) should join in. Thanks for the invite Henry!

5. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Oh man!!! What I would give to look out that Dino just like in the pictures, very cool. One of my favorite cars of all time.

Sorry about the 308, sounds like a spirited drive :) what happened?\

6. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Oh wait...it didn't happen at the krispy kreme....did it? I hope not.

7. htran

htran Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Tracy(NoCa)/HB(SoCa)
    Full Name:
    P Quach
    will post story on 308's mishap tomorrow, i'm catching rerun of F-1 race this weekend on tape right now. Look like couple more races then MS should locked up this season.Cable TV in Stocton sucks! no Speed channel. Got to watch on tape brother send in.

8. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Thanks for inviting me to lunch, you are a terrific host and it was great to meet everybody.

9. htran

htran Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Tracy(NoCa)/HB(SoCa)
    Full Name:
    P Quach
    to brian, it was nice to meet you @ your shop open house. great food, great cars, great people. the stockon group now have a new and closer place to service our cars.i'll see you in monterey FCA meet. thanks,henry

10. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
    who own's the nice GTS Dino... be good to check out another one in the area. Looks almost like we have the same color... is it metallic or solid?

Besides this one, there are now 3 confirmed DIno's in the south bay. I know because they were all in the same shop last week, mine included. I have never seen one other than mine on the road in 15 years in California.

11. htran

htran Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Tracy(NoCa)/HB(SoCa)
    Full Name:
    P Quach
    to tzucc, it's a 74' dino gts in solid red color,the paint is 7 enamel based coated-i think the paint is bann in CA, therefore the color always have that wet-look eventhough it not being wash or wax . The car was also total restore from the ground up 6 yrs ago but it still have the 8 track tape!. I bought this car from David 2 years ago who also own a yellow dino that you might have seen in Forza a few issues back (comparo:dino vs. Fiat Dino, both were yellow!). I have this car shown at CI last year and several years back. The car is currently in Stockton/Tracy area, but will go back to So.Cal for service and detail( together with David's yellow) this weekend preparing it for CI this august.I doubt it will win anything ,since last time i check concorso website there are about 50-55 dinos will be there for show/ judge.henry

12. cyuhhhh

cyuhhhh Rookie

Jul 13, 2004
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Great job with the photos...count me in on Sunday to Infineon. Phil

13. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
    Henry, I'll be at CI as well with my Dino. Look forward to seeing your car and meeting you. It will be pretty cool to see that many Dino's in one place.

14. racey red

racey red Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    Awsome pictures. Too bad about the 308... At least no one was hurt and it looks like it was an incredible day. I guess I have to get to the Museum one of these days.

15. meantestarossa

meantestarossa Karting

Jul 15, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Ron McDaniel
    Henry I had an awesome time! Looks like we had a decent turnout. For all those interested in what happended to our buddy in the black 308. Well we had pretty spirited drive up especially through the "twisties". Well on one sharp 25 mile hr turn we all took it pretty aggressively and our buddy Nabil in the 308 was the casualty. Sorry buddy. We all feel for you. But all in all we had an awesome time. Looking forward to infineon on 7/18. We hope some of you will join our Stockton group for the caravan up.

See ya Sunday
    Ron