The Official 360 Replacement Thread (aka 420 Monza, F430, etc) | Page 12 | FerrariChat

The Official 360 Replacement Thread (aka 420 Monza, F430, etc)

Discussion in '360/430' started by Brian C. Stradale, Apr 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I'll bet you a brick of cheese the next time I'm in France that that rear shot IS real! :)

2. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    and me a brick of hamburgers the next time I'm in USA that rear shot is NOT real !!

3. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I have my money on my friend from Boston. Hey we can have a grill if its still nice out :D

4. rossi

rossi Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
  5. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Deal! ;)

BTW, thanks Abavai for posting this! A good find from a tifosi hermano.

6. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Me too, but from the looks of the rear end, it won't be a Challenge grille...sorry, cheese fumes :p

7. zff

zff Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Ken
    In the spy photos I've seen where the front end is not disguised, it looks like this:

8. leptitbelge

leptitbelge Rookie

Mar 25, 2004
    I think the second one is the car... first one might be photoshop

9. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
  10. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Hmm this is leading me to believe that even Ferrari isnt complete sure what they are doing yet with the front end.

11. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Exactly what I was thinking! Actually it looks more like the Testa Rossa that won the 24 Hours of LeMans that year.

I thought the front end of the 360 was ugly but the back end was fine. If the new car looks like this, those opinions will be reversed. (Unlike most of you, I think the new front end, while still no beauty, looks better than that of the 360.)

12. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    ok i love the 360 i think it is one of the prettiest cars....but.....i dono...lol

-jt

13. angshuman

angshuman Rookie

Jul 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    NaN
    The second one looks good... but the first pic... Yuck! For God's sake, someone please tell me that that front bumper is somebody's tasteless photoshop work...

14. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    The newest Road and Track has some nice pictures of what looks like a fairly finished product?

15. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Yes, I think indeed the front is done this way to refer to the 156 F1. Well spotted! Too bad Ferrari is doing the retro-thing rather half baked. They take the forms that define the 156 and put them somewhere in the front of the 430, rather than to have them define the front as they did with the 156. That means, making them like chunks from both corners of the front.

16. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    This car looks overall better then the current 360. The front is still no picnic (look at it, as if a beautiful woman is giving you a bright smile...turns out she has no teeth! At all!) but the overall shaping is more sharp and edgy, leaning more towards Enzo design (whereas the 612 is rather soft and ill defined).

17. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Looks pretty real to me. What convinces me is that the diffuser design in the second pic is new. Just checked on Rennteam and those same pics are there too, plus they pass the Farina photoshop test ie. they don't appear to be faked.

I think this is it. Don't like the front at all, 'piggy' eyes or the intakes. Rest of the car looks good though.

18. whimike

whimike Karting

Jul 26, 2003
    Los Gatos, CA
    I think the front is photoshopped as well. The curves of the inlets are unusually blurry. Also, the big catch, there is no room for a Euro plate to fit on that front, just compare it to Mark's montage of the prior spy pic vs. this one.

-- Michael

19. bimmaboy

bimmaboy Rookie

Feb 21, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike D
    Hi, first post and everything... but longtime Ferrari lover and FChat lurker! In addition to what whimike said, if this car was in fact testing in Mexico, why would it still be wearing a Euro plate on Mexican roads? To me the front shot looks a little too fuzzy (reminiscent of a PS), but the back, in a sense, is almost too clear in its resolution that it almost looks like a CGI.

20. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Boo hoo hoo. That's not just ugly -- that's fugly. If real, Ferrari has messed up! :(

21. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Sorry fellas, I love it and I hope most everyone else does to so I can pick up a nice 360 for a decent price.

22. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

absolutely - that front view has been played with - the headlamp lenses have crisp balck lines on the outward edges, but not on the insides.... you can almost see the usual 360 lense image where its been colored in.

Hard to tell with the rear shot - good PSing iif it was altered. Time will tell!

23. f355b

f355b Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Little Silver,NJ
    i still bet you cant buy it for MSRP.

24. dmeyer

dmeyer Formula Junior

May 30, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David Meyer
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

25. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    It looks great, just what the normal 360 Modena needed a more exotic look, the Stradale is great looking but for the normal 360 this new car is totaly better looking car in my own opinion.