Car show Sunday | FerrariChat

Car show Sunday

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by 6.0 se, Aug 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    A really good car show tomorrow at The Varsity. I attended last year, and it was great. Put on by the Vette guys, but lots of cars, and a good time. Registration 10-2.

2. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    which Varsity?

3. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    THE Varsity. Spring street. I have been here so long, I dont even think of the Mini Varsities. lol

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    1. How receptive would they be to Ferraris?

2. Any charge for registration?

5. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Very receptive.

$30- charity

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    A.J., where were you?

I went down there on the spur of the moment, mainly to enjoy a nice drive down I-75 in the perfect morning weather, and it turned out my 328 was the token Italian entry!

The turnout was about 80 cars, of which about 30 were Corvettes, and the rest mostly other American brands with a few token exceptions.

Neat cars included: a '36 Mercedes 500K, four Cobra replicas including two Daytona coupes, a Beetle convertible made up like a "surf buggy" complete with "woody" side panels and a surfboard in the back seat, a '57 Ford police car (calling Broderick Crawford!), a '58 Ford Skyliner whose owner liked showing off the roof mechanism, a lime-green 2-seat T-bird, a '40 Chevy sedan in original trim, a '72 Mustang Mach I and a '72 Nova SS that reminded me of my first car.

Most outrageous was a tie between a very-tricked-out late-90s Impala SS and an Excalibur-like device called a Grant GT that had beautiful woodwork on the dash and console and crazy looking 265/35-ZR22 tires!

I didn't bring my camera because I'm saving all my film for Monterey next weekend. From one Ferrari today to, what, 350, at the Concorso on Friday?

7. 6.0 se

6.0 se F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 26, 2004
    Atlanta,ga. area
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    Jim, I was in my car at 930 this morning, and got a call. Had to get in my company car and go to Greenville!! Sorry I missed it. I was looking forward to going.