Ferrari insulted in movie "Boiler Room." | FerrariChat

Ferrari insulted in movie "Boiler Room."

Discussion in '360/430' started by 602rwt, Aug 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 602rwt

602rwt Rookie

Aug 7, 2004
    Listening to a performance car radio talk show this morning, I heard Ben Affleck's famous "Boiler Room" played:

http://www.danragan.com/Movie%20Section/Movies%20Quotes/boiler_room.htm

"[Speaking of his wealth] Want details? I drive a Ferrari. 355 Cabriolet. What's up?"

I actually called to point out that there is no 355 Cabrio, and that it's a Spider, with an "I." The supposed authorities hosting the show had no idea. Go figure...

2. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    I think there's also a point where Greg the main trader is trying to impress Seth with his car and they have an exchange that goes something like:

Seth: Yeah that's a 355, 6 speed?
    Greg: Yeah, synchromesh.

Had to laugh when I saw that...

-R

3. Pakan

Pakan Rookie

Mar 16, 2004
    Örebro, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Patrik Gustavsson
    did any of you also notice that the yellow 355 sounds like a sewing machine when he drives it. same thing in that sky-diving movie with dennis rodman, same thing. doesn't really sound like the real thing.

4. JLBXK8

JLBXK8 Guest

Aug 10, 2004
    St Lucie+Miami,FLA
    Full Name:
    JLB
    Ever see Kill Bill Vol 1? The chinese guy is talking to the chinese hitwomen in the bar (No lucy liu), and tells her he has a Ferrari, why don't we go somewhere. Her reply... I wouldn't drive in that Italian piece of ****. That made her death in the movie later on, oh so sweet. :-D

-Jay

5. edmo7

edmo7 Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2004
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Ed
    The worst is Hugh Grant in "About a Boy" when he was in the divorced women discussion group and was telling them about the "SuperCharged" 360 Modena......

6. an032nv

an032nv Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2004
    Clovis, California
    Full Name:
    Chris Torosian
    drunk guy: do you like Ferrari's?

gogo: Ferrari's...italian trash

skip forward to her death

the end
    :D