Hamann F512M @ Lime Rock | FerrariChat

Hamann F512M @ Lime Rock

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Driven1413, Aug 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Driven1413

Driven1413 Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2004
    South Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I never thought that the Testarossa Line could go any further than the F512M. That is, until I saw a Hamann modified car at Lime Rock Park. It was incredible. The car had a presence. The mods were radical, and yet subtle at the same time. It looked like something that the Factory would put out in small numbers. In addition to a aerodynamics package and revised side intakes with nice Carbon Fiber inserts, the car had 19" forged wheels and some custom interior touches. This car drew more attention in the short time it was there, than the 3 Enzos parked near by. I asked the owner if the engine was modified also, and he said that it was, but did not specify how. My questions to the board are:

Does anybody have more information on these rare cars?

Were they actually produced by Hamann, or is it possible this owner bought the parts from Hamann, and had the work performed to his stock F512M?

I do have some great pictures of this car that I can add to this post, but I am new to the board and am not quite sure how to do that.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Alex

2. Driven1413

Aug 14, 2004
    South Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Alex
  3. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    That car belongs to Peter, Cool guy.

Hamman does sell parts also but I think they built his whole car.

It had twin turbos & something like 1100 hp but he since removed the turbos

4. Driven1413

Aug 14, 2004
    South Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    #4 Driven1413, Aug 15, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    William,

I saw both of your cars there too. I was in awe. It was amazing to see your car dicing it up with 355s and 360s. It has such a great sound too....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. ferraristiforlife

Jul 27, 2004
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Michael
    william, you are wrong, hamann does sell single parts or built the whole car for you, but he does not make serious engine tuning !!!!

6. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Thanks, it was a lot of fun at LRP. I have to work on the suspension now as it still has the stock street setup so its a little nervous. Santa is bringing Penske shocks & Carrera springs this winter :)

7. Boxer 512

Boxer 512 Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 5, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Seb King
    Did the car have a Nero Interior ?

If so, it was probably S/n 100032, A Euro spec car modiifed by Hamann Motorsport.
    It used to be owned by Peter Unverdorben of New Jersey ? Not sure about now though ?
    If it's still in original Hamann spec. then it left the factory with around 650-750 hp.

Seb

8. Boxer 512

Boxer 512 Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 5, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Seb King
    William,

Is the Argento Car, (96206)? a Hamman '92 conversion too ?

Regards,

Seb

9. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Peter does still own the car & he told me he had the turbos removed to pass EPA to nationalize the car

My car has a Koenig body of CF & FGlass, the race trans was built by Bob Wallace & the engine is stocke Ferrari with a Motec ignition system & digital dash. She has just over 500 hp & weighs around 2800 #

10. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    yes, nero with red racing harnesses and red steering wheel