575 rims on 550 | FerrariChat

575 rims on 550

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by theera, Aug 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    I own a 550 in Thailand. The car is a fantastic drive with the installed sports exhaust, ecu upgrade and performance brakes. Recently I've also had some of the interior details changed to some custom made carbon fiber pieces, impressive result. Now I'm seriously thinking about the exterior look, with an idea just to change the rims to the 575 specification. Is this possible?, any of you tried?, pictures available?.

Look forward for your response.

Thanks.

2. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I dont see why this is not possible. People put Strudale rims on regular Modenas and Spyders all the time.

3. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Mango, yes it is a direct bolt on and has been done by several people in the bay area.

4. Jon@Tezta

Jon@Tezta Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Hong Kong / Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    How about a set of HRE wheels?

5. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    Thanks for your responses.

The reason behind the change is that I find the original rims on my 550 a bit boring. Being conservative about the external appearance of my car, I thought that the best thing for me would be to get some 575 rims that I find to have more character. One thing that I'm trying to stay away from are rims that have the obvious "boy-racer" look.

So, I've found a set of 575 rims in the UK for around US$ 3,000.

6. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    I admit HRE rims are nice, and another extreme design would be those by cargraphic that have that "LM" look. All too much for me.

7. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    3k for a whole set? That's a good deal. They will fit perfectly and look sharp. Nice job!

--Dan

8. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    #8 theera, Aug 18, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks, US$ 3,325 to be precise. I think it's a good deal. If you have pics, it will be much appreciated.

By the way, I've attached herewith a picture of the extreme alternative that I was thinking about, cargraphic's 19" rims.

What do you think?.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Jon@Tezta

Jon@Tezta Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Hong Kong / Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Extreme is better IMO for the 550, why not go with the custom look over the stock one.

10. Ilya

Ilya Karting

Jul 14, 2004
    Socal
    Full Name:
    Ilya
    Those 19" wheels look really sharp on the 550!

11. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    Yes, they look like real racing style rims from LM. But like I said, they look too extreme.

12. Maseroche

Maseroche Karting

Aug 10, 2004
    Bahrain
    Full Name:
    Khalid
    AS an alternative, you can also check out Inden wheels. They are custom made BBS wheels and they look great.

13. garysp7

garysp7 Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2004
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I was under the assumption that the optional two piece wheels on the 575 were BBS. Will you have the clearance in the wheelwells for the 19" in the rear on your 550?
    Has anyone thought of putting a set of the new 575 GTC wheels on thier car? They look very sharp.
    I recently asked how much a set of modular wheels where for a 550 that were factory and I was quoted 12,000.00 US at Ferrari of New England, and that was for a set of 18".
    gary

14. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    I must admit, those rims look better than the cargraphic 19" alternative.

15. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    And I thought things were cheaper in the US.

16. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Close...the fronts list @ 3400/ea, the rears @ 3600/ea for the 550 coupe/barchetta wheels. They are on both of my cars, my old '00, and my current '01. Cheaper than rotors on a CS ;)

Lee

17. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Modular wheels aside, I do not like any rims other than stock. I have looked high and low for good aftermarket ones, and came up with nothign that was in keeping with the 550/575 style.

--Dan

18. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    Dan, I agree, that's why I've decided just to get the 575 rims for my car. The Maranello is a gorgeous looking car, doesn't need much else to enhance the looks.

19. brab

brab Rookie

Jul 20, 2004
    I once saw a picture of 550 with Fikse chrome 5 spoke wheels.....
    I believe they were 20"....

The car looked sick...

Black 550 with black tint...and then chrome Fikses....the only thing I could do was drool....

20. stac973

stac973 Rookie

Jan 9, 2004
    Macon, GA
    Full Name:
    Paul Barry
    Although I usually like staying with the factory look, the cargraphic color combination makes that 550 look stunning.

21. HGParts

HGParts Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2003
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Heiko from HGParts
    hey guys look in my new website still working on it but the rims for the 550/575 are online already

22. cwwhk

cwwhk Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Hong Kong, Tokyo
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    Theera:

I am also thinking of changing my 550 wheels with 575 wheels. May I ask where in UK did you find a supplier for 575 wheels? And are they the 1pc or modular 19" wheels?

Regards,

cwwhk

23. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango
    The supplier for my 575 18" standard rims was Eurospares, have a look at their website at www.eurospares.co.uk. The rims are already on my car and she looks much better than before with those pronounced features on each of the five spokes. It's actually a shame that a week after I purchased the rims Eurospares, they had in stock a set of 19" Modular rims, priced much lower than the ones from official suppliers, another missed opportunity. By the way, another visual enhancement to my car was done a week ago, it was to spray the cam covers red like those in the 612.

24. cwwhk

cwwhk Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Hong Kong, Tokyo
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    Theera:

Thanks for the info.

Regards,

cwwhk

25. theera

theera Formula Junior