The Official 599 GTB Fiorano Thread | Page 7 | FerrariChat

The Official 599 GTB Fiorano Thread

Discussion in '612/599' started by geertf60, Jun 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    And the uglyness continues.

2. shin

shin Karting

Apr 8, 2004
    Full Name:
    Shin
    Can you please tell us more about the 575 Berlinetta conv? Thanks :)

3. LouB

LouB Formula 3

Apr 15, 2001
    FL, OR
    It has a one piece glass top that rotates rearward and ends up upside down laying on the rear trunk lid. Looks better than I described but not by much IMHO. It also has an adjustable feature that can vary the light transmission from almost clear to 90% or so blockage according to the young engineer trying to demo it. Its main selling point is no reduction of trunk space.

No photo since they were very strict examining even camera phones.

Not my cup of tea although a very clever mechanical design

4. LouB

LouB Formula 3

Apr 15, 2001
    FL, OR
    By the way, its called the 575 convertible. Berlinetta implies a fixed hard top.

5. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    The word is that the response was very favorable at PBeach and that a run of 400 will begin around next summer, second quarter perhaps. Approx. 175 will make it to the US.

Dealers have not been given specifics so they cannot take orders at this time but if you want one you better let them know right now.

As Lou stated the mechanism is well done, truly original.

aehaas

6. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    For reasons I'll explain later, I'll probably get in trouble for this, but here goes:

Long story short, I'm not a droptop type of guy. I rode motorcycles for way too many years. However, the more I think about this car, the more I like it. Then again, I like Maranellos. If the new car looks completely different, this car will look better and better to me.

What do you think Ali?

Dale

7. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Lou, you obviously attended the unveiling, as did I - I remember the car being referred to as a Berlinetta convertible concept, and I believe one of the speakers said something - which I didn't catch - about the use of "Berlinetta." I remember being initially puzzled by the use of "Berlinetta" for the car. Does that match your recollection?

I'm quite surprised not to have seen any photos on the web - kudos to Ferrari for keeping the car under wraps. I'd love to see a very limited Enzo type production of the car, as has been discussed, perhaps 300 - 400.

8. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    I liked the car a lot, especially the little nuance of changes. My neighbor is to get one on release or so he wishes. I will see if I can get any official pictures once they finalize things.

ali

9. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    I'm amazed there have been no spy shots! Was this event indoors?

10. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    "Was this event indoors?"

Yes. And an interior partition hid the car from the entry. I think it's great that Ferrari foiled all the camera phone folks.

11. rossi

rossi Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
  12. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
  13. rossi

rossi Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    Sorry I can't. But take a look at itliaspeed.com, I just recocnized the same pic there as well.

14. rossi

rossi Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    Er, sorry, there's already a thread as well as the pic at the general forum...

15. enzoz

enzoz Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Italiaspeed also speaks of a 575M CS... should been interesting... the pic isn't too detailed but it looks great.

16. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    Perhaps the 575M CS will be an end of model life last hurrah? It is about time they replace it (though I hope the pics above are at least moderately innaccurate.

17. millemiglia

millemiglia Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    #167 millemiglia, Aug 27, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    still no pic of the whole car ?

And no news about a 575 stradale ?

19. WJC

WJC Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    I hope that you guys are right about it looking good because from that picture, IMO is doesn't look good. I think that the idea is great. I just can't fathom what is looks like with the "top" up and the back glass curls back and meets againist the trunk. Also, what is going on with the silver hinge that is being shown to the outside, it looks completely out of place. I hope that I am completely wrong about the understanding of this top.

Joe C.

20. chickyb

chickyb Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 25, 2004
    Scotland
    Here are the "real" first pictures of Ferrari's forthcoming replacement for the celebrated 575M Maranello.

21. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    As with any car, the typical pre-production sequence involves building provisional prototypes, followed by construction stage mules, followed by test series vehicles, followed by pre-production cars, which are finally followed by the "zero" series. It is common in the early stages -- when the chasis, engine and internal componentry is being tested -- to have the tests done in "closest vehicle" prototypes, which in the case of the Imola, is the 612S.

It's no surprise that that is what we are seeing here.

22. patpong

patpong Formula 3

Jul 6, 2004
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Full Name:
    Patpong Thanavisuth
    That's good....So It will make my old one worth more and I am keeping my old one. That's for sure...

23. none

none Rookie

Sep 17, 2004
    In a conversation with my dealer yesterday I was informed that the car will indeed look very, very similar to the 612 Scag. Family resemblance strategy.

24. johnw

johnw Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2002
    toronto
    Full Name:
    john
    yuk

25. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    The 575 is much better looking than the Imola