Important Confirmation Needed...! | FerrariChat

Important Confirmation Needed...!

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by 134282, Sep 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Can someone confirm THIS...?!?

i found it in this thread and was wondering if anyone else has any information on this... First NNO in Jersey would've had to AT LEAST been last year, so this seems unlikely... But, i figured i'd support the whole "benefit of the doubt" theory... :)

2. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    I think the real question should be.......Where were you on the night in question?

Seriously though, don't you think we would have heard at least something about it before now?

3. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    After googling for a while, i came up with Zilch.
    The poster of that theory needs to provide more detail to what happened with the Enzo. When. Exactly where. What S/N...Color...Interior? There are many details that are missing.
    Which brings me to believe IMO that we have a fairy tale here. I'd love to be proved wrong, but im going with instinct.
    Also, it would help if that particular poster filled out their profile.

4. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    No, i whole-heartedly agree and i'd HATE for you to be wrong...! i don't want an NNO to have been stolen... For every stolen NNO, crashed, NNO, burned, wrecked, museumed, mummified NNO out there, the odds of me one day owning one get slimmer and slimmer...

i agree with you too, Mark...

5. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    No, of course i wouldn't want an Enzo harmed. That was not what i meant, even thought i can see how you saw it like that.
    I meant, that it would be good to have another member here that was not spinning sh*t like that and actually had a credible viewpoint. No matter how bad the news is. News like that needs alot of proof for it to be credible in my book. If this was a major thing, then this would have been in EVERY motoring magazine in the WORLD. But i havn't read anything. And the only hope he has is that somehow it has been kept secret for so long, only to be reveiled in that thread!! Which was a reply mind you, and i think that if he revealed it on here, it should at least had its own thread, given its exclusivity.
    Im calling a big BS with this one.

6. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    First off, all Enzos were pre-ordered for the final owners. No dealer would let someone just come in for a test drive without all the proper identification on everything. I know that we always required advance reserved times to drive just a pre-owned Ferrari. No one came in and drove without all kinds of checks being done. And no one would drive an Enzo without a transfer of funds in hand and verified first. I believe this story is a hoax. I have never heard anything about it earlier and this is something that would have been disclosed very early on.

I know it says the "dealer" had a gun pulled on him but would the dealer have actually gotten into a car like an Enzo with someone he had no previous dealings with or no verification of identification??? I don't think so..........

But then, that is just my opinion..........

7. Tubi

Tubi Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2004
    Athens
    Full Name:
    Hari
    I think your completely right!! this story is complete bollox.....Enzo and test drive do not fit in the same sentence........When you are talking about such a car...potential buyers know what they want - test drive?? lol......here in London, they SOMETIMES refuse a test drive on cars such as the Diablo using the same reason.....

8. exoticalex

exoticalex Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Walnut Creek, Ca
    Full Name:
    Alex L
    I remember reading this a little while back, and things seemed fishy. NO salesman would have the mind to let anybody test drive an Enzo, unless they were absolutly sure it would benefit themselfs and the business...

Something here isnt right!

9. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Everyone agree, this is BS????

10. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i think so... i mean, It could have been delivered and some guy just walked up during the delivery, brandished a firearm and left with the precious, beautiful NNO, but, like we all said, we would've heard about this by now...

i guess it's crap... Just had to double check... Thanks, everyone...

11. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    It would have to be a BIG 'effing yacht to have a crate with an Enzo in it, on the boat. It would be awfully hard to make a yacht that big '"disappear".

12. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Well if David Copperfield can make a US army tank disappear.........

13. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    (S)He does not say that the car was new or being sold by a new dealer. Let alone what kind of dealer... new, used, drug, blackjack...

All (s)he says is that it was the first Enzo delivered in NJ. (Is there a dealer in NJ? All Ferrari's imported by FNA come through NJ, right?) So there is some wiggle room.

The person does not say that this was in the US.

So there is some wiggle room.

14. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    This was psoted in the "con man drives off with a F50!!!! " thread.