............9/11..............MOMENT OF SILENCE | Page 2 | FerrariChat

............9/11..............MOMENT OF SILENCE

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by wax, Sep 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I know I will never forget....

I was sitting exactly where I am right now. :(

2. Monkie

Monkie Karting

May 1, 2004
    I remember where I was...

It was my senior year in High School and I was in 1st period and the teacher from across the hall came running over to our class and told us what had happened. At first no one believed him and thought it was a joke but then we could tell the seriousness of his attitude and we went over there and watched the news on his black and white TV that wasn't getting good reception. It was a terrible day and may God hold all of the souls of the people who we lost on that terrible morning. God bless them and everyone who fell trying to save them.

3. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    I was in the OR waiting for surgery to begin & watched on the screen in the lounge as the Towers fell. I photographed surgery on a man ripped open by a bush trimmer. Head to tail sliced a swath a foot wide w/ lungs, kidneys & bowel exposed. Everyone in the OR spoke of the horror of just seeing the Towers fall & continued to do their job at hand. The DNR worker survived after dozens of surgeries & more than a few miracles. I think it was a day in the life for everyone. Thats where I was.

4. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    #29 Jdubbya, Sep 11, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I was a senior in highschool and I came into school late because I was tired and over slept and when I got to school everyone was watching T.V.s and I had no idea what was going on so I went to my class room and they were all watching T.V.s in there also that's when I found out that 2 planes had slammed into the WTC . I was hours behind everyone else, when I found out I got really sick feeling and didn't feel like talking much for the rest of the day.

May we catch the man responsible so that there deaths will not go unavenged.

Later on that year I went down to ground zero and it just seamed like I could smell the smell of death. Standing on that observation deck and looking at what use to be the world trade center and having to look down instead of up was quite a unforgetable experience. The last time I was there I was on the roof, higher than anything else in the city, now I was taller than the building.

6. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    I like what Clint Eastwood said.

7. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I was sitting in my history class, wondering why the bell had'nt rung, when all of a sudden the TV in the class come on. And there was the sight of the first tower a blaze. CNN said it was some kind of mistaken calculation, but then noise grew and a second plane made its way to the WTC tower number two. Instantly I knew at that moment, my life was going to change, my world was going to change, and most of all, the US of A was going to change. I cried most of the day, thinking about the ones who lost loved ones, the ones lost without loved ones, the ones looking for the loved ones, the ones that were gone.

To all the families, my dearest apoligies, for thats all I can give...

8. venusone

venusone F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    BTW, I gathered all the photos available on the internet, AP, etc & placed them in a PowerPoint show. One of the surgeons used it last year in a memorial ceremony. Let me know if you want it.

9. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

I saw the whole thing with my own eyes. I lost a couple of friends from it and it took me weeks to stop crying at the mention of it.

I had to turn off the TV during the memorial today. Started crying all over again.

10. CarlDog

CarlDog Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Southern NH
    Full Name:
    David
    Moment of silence observed ---

I was at home on the couch with a very painfull external fixator on my left ankle and leg.

I had it good that day.

May God Bless.

Dave C.

11. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    That was a sad day for the whole world. It will never be forgotten.

12. Erich

Erich Formula 3

Sep 9, 2003
    Poway CA
    Full Name:
    Erich Coiner
    Truly a sad day. One that will be remebered for a looooooooooong time.

Where was I?
    Just before 7 am PST, I piled my two boys into the car for a ride to school.
    First stop was the donut shop for breakfast. On the way, the local rock station DJ were talking about planes running into a building and flame and what not. I was going WTF? The one of them shouted "MY GOD ITS FALLING DOWN!!!!!!!!" Evidently the DJs were watching TV. A moment later we walked into the donut shop. The TV was on and everyone was just grim faced. My boys were 4 and 6 then. They knew something was up but really hadn't figured it out. (Neither had I) Trying to explain it to them and prepare them for the storm of rumor that was sure to swirl around the school was the hardest thing I have done as a parent.

Yesterday, our Cub Scout Pack participated in the local Poway Days Parade.
    The theme was "Poway Remembers, Respects and Rebuilds"
    This covered both 9/11 and the Cedar fire. The fire started on Oct 6 2003 and destroyed over 2000 homes in San Diego county. It was the largest (in terms of acreage) brush fire in California history.
    We built a float the recounted the public service activities our pack performed in the aftermath of the fires.

Erich

13. stuckinkuwait

stuckinkuwait Formula Junior

Jul 25, 2004
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Lenny S
    The image of the Twin towers on fire will forever be etched in my mind. It's what keeps me going while serving here in the Middle East. Each day, I put on my uniform with pride knowing that I am defending the freedom that we all share. May God bless America and all of us serving in the Middle East!

14. zach_300zxTT

zach_300zxTT Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2003
    Clemmons, NC
    Full Name:
    Zach Lindsey
    All I can say is THANK YOU for doing the dirty work. I don't know if there is any way to express my appreciation for the work you guys do.

15. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    APPROPIATE POST TO BRING BACK FOR 10TH ANNIVERSARY

MAY WE NEVER FORGET !!!

16. stingraymyway

stingraymyway Karting

Jul 23, 2011
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Andy Seaton
    God bless those lost and the families they left behind.

17. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John

Amen Brother!! Very appropriate!!!

18. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I wont ever forget

seems like yesterday :(

19. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

i agree william. cheers all.

20. tonyswfla

tonyswfla Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 2, 2007
    Florida
    John Ryan , classmate
    south tower

never forget

21. Stewart 430 Scud

Stewart 430 Scud Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Stewart
    God bless all involved.

22. Photog

Photog Formula 3

Sep 24, 2009
    Kansas City, Mo
    Full Name:
    Matt
    We should always remember, not just on this day.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

23. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    #48 thecarreaper, Sep 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Today I took my 328 to Fort Pulaski, built 1762 . Paid to get in just to get some pics of the Fort with the Flags in the background. Wind never picked up, but i took a few shots anyway.

Even as old as this place is, the mood of everyone was about reflection : 10 years since 9-11-2001.

Everyone seem excited to see the car. I was greeted politely by a few Park Rangers and workers whom I let sit in the car and look it over.

Never forget.

Never take for granted the little things that so many silently fight for that we never get to know about.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    In November 2001, while on a trip to Philadelphia, I drove up to northern New Jersey and over to the shoreline directly opposite Ground Zero. I stood and stared across the river at the gaping space where the towers had been and almost thought I could hear voices......

I thought that I didn't know anyone who might had been there, and I was right, but I forgot about the Pentagon. Turns out that a high school classmate of mine had been working on the top floor directly over where the 757 entered the building. He told a harrowing story of the escape of himself and his co-workers. I only wish that I had saved a copy of his email.

And I remember the Ferraris running at Monza the following weekend, with black noses and no sponsor markings. A fitting tribute, and I was disappointed that none of the other F1 teams (to my memory) did anything similar.

25. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    The guy sitting next to me was on the phone talking to his son when the plane hit.

His son died.

Never forget.