1994 348 | FerrariChat

1994 348

Discussion in '348/355' started by jvcnext, Sep 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jvcnext

jvcnext Rookie

Sep 18, 2004
    I AM LOOKING AT A 1994 YELLOW SPIDER FOR SALE ON EBAY AT LAMBORGHINI DALLAS. SOME HERE SEEM TO HAVE INFO ON CARS FROM SOMEWHERE. IF I BUY THIS CAR DO I ACCEPT CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS ALWAYS ON WIND NOISE ETC. THIS IS MY FIRST FERRARI SO FEAR IS A MAJOR FACTOR. I OWNED A 89 JAG XJ12 CONVERTIBLE THAT WAS 10 YEARS OLD DONT WANT TO GO THERE AGAIN THANKS

2. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    I don't know what you mean by "info on cars from somewhere", but I would never buy ANY Ferrari without service records and also not with a "check engine" light on. Check the Ferrari Market Letter for current values.

3. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    I've seen that car on ebay for a while now. THe buy it now price looked pretty good on it thats what caught my eye too. It says it just had its 30K engine out service, so I wonder what's up with the check engine light? I know there are quite a few guys on here from that area. Maybe post in that region and ask if anyone knows the car. Good luck in your search...

4. RAYMAN

RAYMAN Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 10, 2004
    Oklahoma
    Full Name:
    Raymond Santilli
    Check engine lights are just a way of life with F cars. Best bet, learn what causes them and fix it yourself

5. bonedoc

bonedoc Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    Just run the codes on the engine bank thatis causing the problems. It will tell you the exact problem....if it does not, it is prob just a ground issue from the engine out service.....or the o2 sensor.

6. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    My guess, from the amount of time that car has been for sale, is that it's either priced too high, the condition is less than adequate, the miles scare people away, or there is some other story.

Do a PPI. Ideally, have them fix the 'check engine' lights and any other obvious stuff prior to the PPI.

Once that's done, whatever turns up on the PPI, have them adjust the price accordingly or have them actually fix it prior to delivery. Or, keep looking.

Although an F-car is 99.9% emotional, use the other 0.1% as common sense PRIOR to plunking your $$ down.

7. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Remember, whatever's not working/broken is either going to be fixed BEFORE you buy it or AFTER you buy it. Which do you prefer!!!!

;)

8. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Check engine lights are a common problem on lots of cars. If you can't fix it yourself just take it down to the dealer and have them do it. You should really try it yourself though, don't let the dealer steal your money!