Wide World of Cars does it again | FerrariChat

Wide World of Cars does it again

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by TOM B, Oct 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley
    Someone on FerrariChat said awhile ago that they were tired of people posting about how wonderful WWoC is. Sorry gang but they did it again.

My dash lights (and various other lights) stopped working Wednesday night. Now I am able to shift by ear but I have no way of judging speed by ear. After getting home I spent a couple of hours checking all the wrong things. With me and electrical stuff.....that's a given.

Stopped by WWoC first thing this morning, Jose was given the job and had the Mondial fixed and waiting in 10 minutes. Hardly enough time to finish my Krispy Kreme while hanging out with Jim Murphy, Service Manager, Justin Stewart, Service Coordinator, and Dean Romer, Parts Manager.

Oh yeah. Almost forgot to mention. No charge. When was the last time you heard a Ferrari dealer say THAT?(Mike, I hope I didn't just get Jim in trouble.) ;)

A visit to this dealership is always rewarded with a properly repaired Mondial, honesty, skill, and a further validation that I have found the finest Ferrari dealership, in all respects.

2. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    With all the "issues" that people have been experiencing with New York Tri-State dealers recently, this is refreshingly good news.

Curious to know what the problem was?

3. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON

TOM

I SECOND YOUR THOUGHTS!!!

LOVE YA JIM AND JUSTIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

I tell ya, you don't get that kind of treatment at Ferrari of LI. At least, I don't.

5. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Had the same problem with no dash lights in my Mondial. WWOC traced it too a corroded bulb for the license plate!? Hard to tell by sound where redline is until its too late!

6. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley

Vik,

I'm not kidding. They are really top shelf people.
    The problem was a bad ground at the terminal strip in the fuse block.

7. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    I hope this means that they're improving their customer service - good to know.

8. markcF355

markcF355 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 6, 2004
    Schmeckelstan
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I heard horror stories about them some years back but I have to say that all of my experiences have been great. I would recommend them to anyone.

9. jr328gtb

jr328gtb Karting

May 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Roberts
    As with most shops, people have good and bad experiences...for me, I went to the WWOC tech day last spring....it was great, good people, good cars and pretty good info about my 1989 328.

i decied to try them for service after that good day and I called Justin twice and left voicemails about what I wanted, which was pretty substantial...tires, auxiliary belts, etc....and I never heard back from him......i guess they have enough business without mine.....i went back to my local guy, who took care of it all within a few days

it's all relative