What Ferrari should never been manufactured | Page 3 | FerrariChat

What Ferrari should never been manufactured

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by BLACK HORSE, Oct 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

What model Ferrari is the “Least true” Ferrari.

1. All 246 series

2. All 308 series

3. 308 gt4 series

4. All Mondial series

5. All 400i series

6. All 348 series

7. Enzo

8. 612

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob

1985 308 GTS QV... I just love it. Also I've driven other too.

2. patpong

patpong Formula 3

Jul 6, 2004
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Full Name:
    Patpong Thanavisuth

You can never be to sure. They may surprise us all by issuing a family sedan or SUV. Well, the 612 only need to more doors to be a family sedan...

3. patpong

patpong Formula 3

Jul 6, 2004
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Full Name:
    Patpong Thanavisuth
    ........................................................................................................
    ok i won't say anything .......................................................................
    ......................... .............................................................................................................................

4. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    The 400i is a very unique looking car with a certain edge.

That being said, Ferrari should not be making sedans.
    That being said, Porsche should not be making SUV's.
    That being said, Lamborghini should not be making wagons - again.

Robb

5. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob

Hey “ag512bbi”

I checked out your profile, and I’m totally amazed how many F-cars you have and blow away the models you own “ENZO, 288 GTO, 512BBI, 575M, 360 SPIDER”. I’m trying to figure out “where I went wrong” in life. Do you need a “Car Washer”???… I’ll pass on my resume.

Rob

6. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Why vote for the 348? What's not to like?

Any pollsters vote for this?

Robb

7. aventino

aventino Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    David L
    I have to agree, this poll serves nothing and doesn't help the spirit of this online community. These cars cost money and for many it has been a compromise between budget and desire so why have a poll like this. It is doing no-one any good, a Ferrari owner is a Ferrari owner.

8. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    This is a lame thread.

9. patpong

patpong Formula 3

Jul 6, 2004
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Full Name:
    Patpong Thanavisuth
    I think you taking it too serious... I think the poll is interesting to see what is loved the least by Fchat members. We all know for whatever reasons Ferrari has change its direction. From the race cars status in the 50's and 60's to a more affordable in the 70's. Then luxury is added, auto drive,...612 whatever. Ferrari has not issued World's fastest production car since the F40. That's nearly 20 years ago... Of cause with these changes, there should be some models that did not come out just the way we, Ferrari nuts, love it...........

10. K27

K27 Karting

Jul 10, 2004
    Vancouver BC
    Full Name:
    Lance
    I think Porsche should build whatever they want, what they shouldnt do is build crappy sports cars.
    And I dont think they do.
    Same goes for ferrari, just keep building great sports cars, so what if they want to throw together a batch of trucks, tractors or lawnmowers for that matter, so long as they stay in business.
    I think anyone who makes a big noise about Porsches diversion probably owns one for the wrong reason.

11. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I don't own one.

Pete

12. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley

Adam,
    It's still a TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

13. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley

They're in Sears now. Right next to the Porsche weedwackers. :)

14. enzoz

enzoz Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Evo magazine tested one on the track and it's time was equal to a BMW M3 they tested another time... Don't know if the conditions where the same or what, but I know the Cayenne had the lowest suspension setting set, obviously. I still remember the feeling when I looked it up and saw the exact same time for both cars. 'Only Porsche would make a 4x4 this fast' I thought. :D

To answer the question in the thread, 400 series, 4 sure.

What Ferrari SHOULD be manufactured? A NEW 246 car. ABS and air bags but no traction control... and a new Ferrari V6 or a smaller, modified F430 engine.

15. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Why bash the automatic Ferrari's they are after all still Ferrari's?

16. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Parker, Parker Parker:

Pne thing that you seem to misunderstand is the stubburness of Enzo and what it ultimately meant.
    Trying to keep the 12s as the only Ferrari and 8s as Dinos apparently has not worked. Enzo was a brilliant Engineer but a bad business man. His clinging, much like yours, has brought the company in the position where Fiat needed to bail them out. There would be no 512BB that you could drive and be proud of the 12cyl if it were not for Fiat. There would be no Ferrari if they had stuck to the Dino and badged them all as Dinos because I for one would not have bought a Dino and be proud of it. Neither would you have bought the 348Dino. The name is what we buy, as much as we hate to admit it, thats what it is. This is why FErrari can charge more for less. Why we pay $ 5000 for a preventive service. None of us would do that for a Dino that has no history other than being a son of a famous racing team.

To say that Ferrari should have stuck to the 12s shows lack of business understanding. You should quit rambling about it otherwise you would admit that you would run a company into the ground just like Enzo would have.

17. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Which is down the aisle from the Ferrari Laptops, Ferrari pen sets, Ferrari Hilfiger shirts, Ferrari Cologne,...

18. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley

19. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley

Just make a left at the BMW garbage disposals. :)

20. millemiglia

millemiglia Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    I agree that this is a lame thread.
    I think that any car that Ferrari or Porsche put their badge on is a "true" Ferrari/Porsche.
    In Porsche's case, the 924/944/968 lineup pretty much saved Porsche from bankrupcy so all you 911 fans out there really should give those cars a grateful thought the next time you take your P-car out for a ride.

Strange to see the Dino appearing on the list, IIRC it was never sold as a Ferrari even though you probably had to pay Ferrari prices for servicing...
    It shouldn't be on the list.

/Peter

21. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    The GM 3 speed automatic is ill suited for a 300+ HP car. What was Ferrari thinking with the 400A?? The 400i with the rare 5 speed is pretty cool though.

All Ferraris are cool, even the abortions. They're Ferraris!

Ken

22. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    So what your saying is that out of the 6 cars you have no real experience of 5 of them.

What a Lame post, why not have a poll to see which is better as a holiday destination Mars or Pluto

23. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    The only classic/modern Ferrari I really dislike before the 612 is the 348, followed by the early Mondials (3.2+ are nice though). 348s never moved me, rather always looked like out of proportion TRs.

I like the 612 interior, hate the exterior.

This is all my opinion. :)

24. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    The only comment I care to make is this - no 'true' Ferrari has automatic transmission. Since every car in the lineup has/had an available manual 'double-H" gated shifter, they all rank as true Ferraris. V-6, V-8, V-12, V-10, whatever....different cars for different applications. Some of the cars on the list are true GT machines, others are true Sports cars. They are all terrific, and would hold a place of honor in my garage.

25. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    If its lame, then why are you reading it?... If you fell that most of these topics are lame and should not be discussed, then you must not be part of FerrariChat?