RS6 SALOON | FerrariChat

RS6 SALOON

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by stevep, Oct 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    boys thinking of chopping the s3 in for an rs6 any one got one or got any comments about these cars

2. Lee_Proctor

Lee_Proctor Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Full Name:
    Lee
    how much u wanting for the s3?

3. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    been offered 19k at the audi garage today over the phone and they aint seen the car

4. Lee_Proctor

Lee_Proctor Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Full Name:
    Lee
    hows about a megane and 6k?

5. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

priceless

6. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Have you driven one yet Steve? i can tell you now the traction control system in the RS6 is absolutely sh*t spoils the entire driving experience.

7. mal

mal Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    Kent
    I've got an RS6 Avant, and it is a great car. It lacks a little feel, but has to be about the most effective mileater on the road - effortlessly fast, comfortable and unlike most powerful cars can put all of its 450BHP on the road in virtually any conditions. A little heavy on fuel but you would expect that with the engine it has.

It wipes the smile of a few Porsche drivers faces!

8. mal

mal Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    Kent
    That rubbish in my opinion - in 18 months I have only noticed the traction control come on once (and I dont hang about) - and you can turn it off

9. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    You may think it is rubbish but when i drove one the TC was always coming on and holding the car back, when switched off you have to be very careful what you are doing as the car will very easily get out of hand there seems to me to be no happy medium between on and off, otherwise i would have to say a superb car, maybe the one i drove had a problem with the TC, i dont own a RS6 so your opinion should count more, i was only giving mine rubbish or not.

10. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    James Shand -JRS- has a saloon and loves it .I've been a passenger in it and it's not far off the 355 in acceleration. The car's big tho, Steve. Would've thought an S4 would suit you better as you don't have kids?

11. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    he aint got kids but his wife is married to a big kid ??????? called steve p

12. mal

mal Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    Kent
    I find the car virtually impossible to unsettle TC on or off - it is probably the safest handling car I have ever driven - so I dont know what was the matter with the one you drove

13. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    his grip has gone in his fingers with all the typing he does on here

14. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    I honestly cant say if there was a problem with this particular car, on my first drive i took it over the Brecon Beacons the roads were slightly damp, after getting a feel for the car i decided to push it a bit the acceleration was truly amazing so filled with a little confidence i pushed it into the first bend the entry was great halfway around the car started to stutter as though lifting off i thought something was wrong then noticed the TC light was on and the car really seemed to be holding off the power once straightened it was again amazing acceleration, so i thought turn it off i did, on entering another bend and applying the power all the car wanted to do was go straight on scared me a bit and really spoiled what was to me a brilliant car.

15. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    :D funny as usual, but i dont use my fingers.

16. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    how do you type then

17. Fan512bbi

BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    I tought my penis to do the typing ;)

18. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    M5 doesn't float your boat Steve??

19. Stuh

Stuh Karting

Sep 25, 2004
    Bucks
    EK3R - You beat me to it!

When choosing the family car a few months back, we tried RS6, S-Type R and M5. M5 won hands down! Very rapid (as quick as 355) and fantastically comfortable.

20. jameson

jameson Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    I drive M5s M3s amg everyday of the week and also my own Testa, and i must say that as all these cars go, the RS6 is a impressive car to say the least, must admit likes fuel, but other then that cant fault it, the M5 is a great car, but interior does let this car down overall, and the new shape in the M5 aint even that great looking, even the sound of the RS6 is superior, plus if its a car as well as having a ferrari, price wise a much better option, its only about opinions, but dont think you would go far wrong with a RS6

21. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

too right mate

22. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

nah, the rs6 is a good price ex demonstartor everything on it

23. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Steve

As Tony said I have an RS6 and absolutely love it ! I have done a track day at Goodwood in it and it was funny to watch people's reactions , it is very very quick. Not sure about the TC issue described earlier but I have never had an issue with it.

Get one , you won't regret it

James

24. Robbo

Robbo Karting

Feb 16, 2004
    I had an RS6 Avant fro 8 months, superb but a little wooden. Massive depreciation though. i goy out of mine quickly as I had one of the first batch to the UK. You should be able to pick one up for around 40K, year old with 10,000 miles. Dealers don'twant to touch them apparantly as the new RS6+ is out, cynically rebadged to shift the remaining unsold RS6's before the new 500bhp models is out next year.
    The guy with the TC problems...bizarre,must ahve had a flat! never had it...very safe...very fast.

Rob

25. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Has anyone here had the RS4?
    How do they compare?