Double-Decker garage | FerrariChat

Double-Decker garage

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by FastRed355, Nov 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FastRed355

FastRed355 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Westwood
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Time to consider adding garage space(getting ready for the 430).
    Anybody have experience or referrals to companies that do lifts(hoists) inside a garage.
    STEVE

2. dprestine

dprestine Rookie

May 8, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I ordered a lift 3 weeks ago from Superlifts. Found them in Hemmings among the advertisements by several suppliers. Their's was my second choice. My first choice was from a supplier that does not offer set up. Set up may not be hard, but pieces are large and heavy and require 2 gorillas. They all cost about $3,000 delivered once the few options you will want such as trays to keep the drips off of the bottom car, aluminum v. steel ramps etc.

Superlifts ships to an installer who delivers and sets up for about $450. Mine is scheduled to be set up Saturday, Dec 4. Mitch works full time as a construction foreman and prefers Saturdays although he will work other days if required.

Since ordering, I learned that Paul Moyer has had Mitch install 2 of these same lifts and is very satisfied. It may be Mitch installs other brands too, but he speaks of these highly. You can call him in I beleive La Puente at 626-392-5981 to discuss.

Or you can wait until post December 4 and see how mine went. Or come by and and see how it looks and works as I am also in WLA.

Finally, if you know Tex and Tambi Otto, they just had 2 installed at their WLA home by an installer out of San Diego. They have had them for 6 months and are very pleased.

3. ben, lj

ben, lj Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    I have a different lift coming in about 3 or 4 weeks and would greatly appreciate the San Diego installer info if you know how to get it.

4. msage430

msage430 Formula Junior
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2004
    calabasas
    Full Name:
    mike sage
  5. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Has he built one yet? Didn't see any real pics. Good idea but I'll be interested to see if it really flys. Part of having these babies is being able to see them rather them burrying them six feet under ;)

6. dprestine

dprestine Rookie

May 8, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Dunno San Diego installer. As referenced, if you know the Otto's, ask them.

7. FastRed355

FastRed355 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Westwood
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks guys, you gave me some leads to persue.
    Just had a company called Airdraulics to see my garage(referred by Gary at the Auto Gallery). They will be doing a work-up to see what options I have with my limited space.
    Doug, I will be seeing you tomorrow.
    Steve

8. ben, lj

ben, lj Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    Hey Doug. Could you give me one or both of their Fchat IDs so I can PM them? Otherwise, I have no idea how to get in touch with them. TIA

9. msage430

msage430 Formula Junior
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2004
    calabasas
    Full Name:
    mike sage
    I think he's building one in TO