Road & Track Super Cars - Enzo On Cover | FerrariChat

Road & Track Super Cars - Enzo On Cover

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Retro11s, Nov 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Retro11s

Retro11s Formula Junior

Oct 22, 2004
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    Has anyone seen the Road & Track hardcover book entitled Super Cars? It has the Enzo from the original road test issue on the cover. I was thinking about buying it, but it was $55 dollars and sealed. The store I was in would not open it for me.

Any review of the book would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Armand

Armand Rookie

Jan 11, 2004
    NE Ohio
    Full Name:
    Armand
    I have not seen it open as of yet, but the price is fair.
    The Dec issue of R&T has a wonderful article,
    "Seeing Red, The Monterey Historic Automobile Races"
    Features 5 pages of excellent Ferrari photo's/captions by John Lamm.
    I would like to read the rest of the mag, I just can't seem
    to get past this particular piece.

Armand.

3. Retro11s

Retro11s Formula Junior

Oct 22, 2004
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    Going to pick the book up later this week.

4. jca998

jca998 Karting

Jun 10, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Jean C
    It's basically the same article that Road and Track did a while back. The same pictures from the magazine but some of them are a little bigger, but a little grainy.

5. pwongd

pwongd Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    pwongd
    I took a close look at the book when a few months back. The review was actually a re-print of all super cars, or so they say, from previous R&T issues. The picture quality of some cars are not up to what we'd expect from a hardcover at this price. Mostly I guess is because these photos are blow up from regular R&T size. I wanted to buy it but was disappointed at what I saw. I didn't buy it at the end.

Hope to see the EVO's version of the Supercars though. Their last one was great. A shame it wasn't in hardcover.

6. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Agreed - the R&T book left me wanting. Marginally quality and a rather "short" list of exotics. The EVO Supercars issue was in the magazines sections of my local Barnes & Noble. It has an outstanding lineup of cars, excellent photos and writeups on each car with comparos too. For $30, I just wish it had a nicer binding.

7. Retro11s

Retro11s Formula Junior

Oct 22, 2004
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Full Name:
    Hugh
    Is the EVO Supercars magazine/book out now, or is it an older issue?

Lately I find myself reading EVO and CAR more than I do the traditional America (R&T, C/D etc) because the photography is so much better. Two issues really stood out: the CAR issue with Jay Kay's Enzo on the cover and the EVO issue comparing 288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo.

8. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    The EVO book is brand new. A link to the order form is half way down the page.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/?evo