Visited Exotic Perf. Plus in Ft. Wayne, In... | FerrariChat

Visited Exotic Perf. Plus in Ft. Wayne, In...

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by carguy, Dec 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Well after hearing stuff and visiting their website, I finally stopped by Exotic Performance Plus in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I live in lower Michigan and am hard pressed to see any exotics on the road, or a shop that works on them. I'd heard of this place in Ft. Wayne (about an hour south of me) and while doing some Christmas shopping at the mall, I decided to finally go and see what the place was like.

BIG "FERRARI" DISAPPOINTMENT.....!!!!

Normally I'm not one to "dis" anyone...but the impression I had of this place was that they had a showroom with Ferraris and did actual work on them. But when I got there all I saw were Camaros and Firebirds or similar stuff. There was a nice 308 in the front window area, and a 456 out in the garage that looked like it had been there for a l-o-n-g time. I asked the guy there if they have any parts or do any work on Ferraris and he said no.....other than maybe transmissions occasionally(?). Now if you look at their printed literature and website you'd think they specialize in exotics. But the guy said they tried to cater to both foreign and domestic cars...and the domestic stuff won out over the foreign stuff. They did have some nice stuff there if you own a GM product or similar.....but nothing for us fcar owners. I just wanted to post my impressions...and don't mean to insult anyone or run anything down. But as usual midwest area kills off a bit more of the exotic car hobby. Sorry to sound so down....I'm just disappointed.

2. lateapexit

lateapexit Rookie

Dec 4, 2004
    Cleveland Ohio
    Full Name:
    Big B
    Sounds like one of the garages that have tried like you said and just went into a different market area (domestics), but if you called them and sent your car there you would get a "yeah sirree we done did works on dem Ferrari". Then you would get your car back eventually hopefully in the same working order that you sent it in at and not worse and maybe get it back in a year or so. Didn't someone have an issue with a guy named Wayne out in Cali recently...sounds similar.

brian

3. BrentC

BrentC Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2003
    EPP is primarily a domestic car shop. However, the owner of the place does have a significant collection of Ferraris. I think he uses the shop to sell and maintain his collection. I will say though, I had EPP install some upgrades on my MB C240 and they did an outstanding job. Just my two cents. But I agree, the website is a little misleading.

4. 4returbo

4returbo Karting

Oct 14, 2003
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    Rick Oliver
    I took my Ferrari 308 GTBi in for service, thinking they knew thier F-cars. I was sadly wrong and it cost me a few thousand and my car is still not working after a year and a half.
    I willl try to keep a long story short as possible. My turbo (rayjay) was going bad. The car ran well but the minor smoke and dripping oil prompted me to have the turbo repaired. They assured me the were the turbo masters and with all the Ferraris around the shop I assumed they knew Ferraris'. I dropped the car off and told them to call me with a quote on the repairs. I got a message that it was going to be cheaper to replace the turbo with a new one then repair the old rayjay. I told them not to do the work until I saw the turbo and could give it some thought. When I arrived they told me my car was ready, for $1300. I was upset but they told me that this turbo was way better and I should notice an extra kick. Ok I though. At least the oil drip and smoke is fixed. But wait they tell me that it's not running very well. I asked how. Well see it's idle was really high so I adjusted it with this screw (he points to the throttle adjust). Then after it heats up it idle is too low so then I turn the screw the other way. I was pissed but didn't make a fuss. That's not my style. We did eventully have words. I said I was going to keep this short so I will say only this DON'T TAKE YOUR EXOTIC CAR TO THEM. Take you Honda, Chevy or Ford but NOT YOUR FERRARI. They simple don't know them well enough.