Houstonians - Where are you? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Houstonians - Where are you?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by gentry, Dec 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    The loveable turbo beetle? :D

2. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    The Woodlands. I actually used to live really close to Luigi.

3. btemplin

btemplin Rookie

Dec 17, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Templin
    Live in Pearland. But drive the 328 to the gym on Kirby a couple times a week.

4. Bryan

Bryan Formula 3

Hey, how can a F-Chat member from CALIFORNIA even read a Texas post...much less post a response???

Inquiring minds want to know...

5. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    This certainly isn't the Texas hospitality I am used to. :rolleyes:

6. Amir

Amir Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2003
    TX
    Live in the hood that they call "Riva Oak" na' I'm sayin :)..

Hahah.... River Oaks :)

7. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Did Snoop Dog move out of that Ritzy hood in Baton Rouge and move inta Riva Oaks? I wonder of he brought the gold toilet he had out by the pool to keep the boys from killin his flowers.

8. Amir

Amir Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2003
    TX
  9. gentry

gentry Guest

Thought it was Master-P that had the gold crapper?

10. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    Well where the hell were all of you on Sunday???

11. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Yo! Ya'll quit slamming my buddy LAfun2!

Snoop Dogg is out there with him on the Left Coast.....Amir is a long time Htown homie!! :)

Well, the cell phone went dead as I was hanging with Jesse Dayton at Spec's Liquor Store....those free Jim Beam 8 year old shots were slidin' down as smooth as that PR hottie's complexion man!

I told this one girl I was the official "CD opening Guy" that tours with JD around the world.......then showed her the trick to opening the jewel box in about three seconds flat to get his autograph!!!

Man I was putting down a three coat custom paint job on the Vintage Lawn Furniture over at the Child Advocates Race Shop....ya'll shouldda cruised by!

The help was waxing the Beetle, but revolted over doing the Wonder Truck....

Forensic sanding reflected the classic mint green color, but the current owner went back with more of a forest green shade.....all stainless steel fasteners too! ;)

12. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Now Amir DOES have a fine crib over there........

Man, his taxes are equal to my Whiskey budget for the whole year!!!

13. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    They must both have one. The name of the neighborhood in Baton Rouge Snoop dog moved into was "The Country Club of Louisisna". Saw it on the Man Show and once on the news while at LSU. If i remember correctly a few of Snoop's guests got a little agitated with each other and some instantaneous lead poisoning occurred. I remember seeing the gold toilet next to the pool while the choppers were filiming live at 5.

14. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I reside in River Oaks...well Afton Oaks, but I keep it clean...

15. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    We knew we could count on ya, Skizo! LOL!

16. gentry

gentry Guest

I went for a drive through River Oaks last night around 130AM (which was a mistake, my ankle is KILLING me right now). I noticed there is alot of new construction on River Oaks Blvd.

17. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Yea, they are tearing down the HUGE houses to put in REALLY HUGE houses! LOL!

We have a little of that action..........

18. gentry

gentry Guest

Those houses they are tearing down have to be 6mm+. I think its a bit nuts to buy a house like that and tear it down. But the land continually appreciates, so I guess its not so bad.

Ive always loved River Oaks, it is the only place inside the loop I would live. While I like the homes on River Oaks Blvd, there is a street burried in the back that has these HUGE lots. Im talking 100-150 yards of yard in-front of the house from the street, gorgeous.

19. Poweredbyme91

Poweredbyme91 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2004
    Now in San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Hector Silva
    Speaking of River Oaks, theres a REALLY nice house in River Oaks that took Christmas decorations to the next level. I applaud them for their good job.

20. gentry

gentry Guest

Which one? I didnt see any last night that really stood out.

21. Poweredbyme91

Dec 9, 2004
    Now in San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Hector Silva
    I dont recall exactly what street I was on. It might have been Kirby because I remember getting off of 59 and taking a left on a street and going straight all the way down. I think it was on the east side of River Oaks before Inwood. I'll take a picture of it if I have my camera handy.

By the way, anyone know where that neighborhood with alot of Christmas is at? I saw it on the news and a friend of mine told me about it as well. My girlfriend loves looking at christmas lights and we've been searching everywhere for this neighborhood. Supposedly its somewhere around North Eldridge and Clay Rd.

22. gentry

gentry Guest

Probably Pecan Grove, which I think is 249 north of 1960.

23. Poweredbyme91

Dec 9, 2004
    Now in San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Hector Silva
    LOL. Not that neighborhood. I've been there already, it's near where I live. Pecan Grove is off 90A towards Richmond.

24. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    Or Prestonwood Forest 249 N first exit past 1960, they have a Disney Street, Candy Cane Lane, 12 Days of Christmas ST, each street has their own theme and they go all out....There has'nt been much traffic through there lately, my sister took her kids the other night and said it was a steady flow of cars and no wait at all to get in.....And yes its free to drive through;)

25. Poweredbyme91

Dec 9, 2004
    Now in San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Hector Silva
    Excellent. I'll check it out tommorow with my gf. Thanks! :)