50K over for F430 Is it worthy it? | FerrariChat

50K over for F430 Is it worthy it?

Discussion in '360/430' started by 1317wholesale, Dec 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1317wholesale

1317wholesale Karting

Sep 23, 2004
    California
    Full Name:
    Henry
    One of my body offered me his spot for 50K. I still have choice for color combination. delivery is going to be next April or so.

If is it worthy what color I should take. I am thinking about Rosa corsa / Black with red piping or Bianco Avus (White) / Red with black piping.

Please help.

2. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Is it worth it to YOU to pay for an early F430 spot? Only YOU have the answer. I think most people here would say it's stupid to pay over MSRP (early spot premium+MSRP in your case). In the end, it's down to your money and how desparate you are to be the first to get the car.

As for color, I think it looks good in rosso corsa.

3. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Find cheaper buddies.

4. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I'll tell you why it's not worth it: because you will be paying $50,000 for delivery "next April or so". Doesn't sound too definite to me.
    $50K is around what they will be going for in the spring anyway. red black with red piping should be readily available at such a premium.
    I wouldn't commit to paying anyone that kind of money now.

5. 348SStb

348SStb F1 Rookie
    Owner

Wait till after the new year so that you can have more reliable and possibly CONFIRMED information.

Wait till then, and then slip a bank check for 35K right in his front shirt pocket. For April delivery, it's worth it.

April delivery, if it is realistic, sounds very nice. The F430 is going to be the hottest car in the universe in terms of both speed and market demand.

And by the way, make sure it's all right with the dealer that you're taking over his spot. Since Ferrari dealers are quite choosy as to whom they give the "privilege" of buying new Ferraris, make sure in advance that the dealer is "willing" to sell you this car.

6. 1317wholesale

1317wholesale Karting

Sep 23, 2004
    California
    Full Name:
    Henry
  7. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Unless your buddy is the owner of the dealership, I doubt very much you will get your friends spot regardless of the amount you pay HIM. The dealer will not allow it. Now if your friend ordered the car took delivery and had the dealership sell it back to you then that may work.

Also, though I am against paying over MSRP, with the 430 even if you paid $50,000 over MSRP you probably will get your money back provided you sold it within a year.

8. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Right. The only way you'd get it is if he took delivery of the car. Then he'd get whacked on the sales tax. Is he willing to pay that? Or, use an Oregon delivery address. The second the dealer gets wind of this then the car would mysteriously never come. I'd want some assurance that the car is going to arrive when he says it will. The only way I'd do this is buy it on an option basis i.e. a deposit goes into an escrow and the balance is paid once you take deivery of the car by a certain date. You would have the option to buy it based upon certain terms. If you pass then you may lose a bit of the deposit. If these cars are trading above the $50K mark up you may be able to flip it again for another $20+K.

9. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I've heard that one can have a corporation buy the car as an asset (first buyer), then the corporation could be sold along with it's assets (second buyer). Any experience here? By the way $50K for April delivery is probably a good deal ,Sorry for the previous wise crack.

10. CodeRed

CodeRed Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    LALA LAND
    It just depends on how much money you have and/or how much you really want THAT car.

11. ben, lj

ben, lj Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    Yes, he could also lease the car, pay next to no sales tax, and have the buyer assume the lease or buy the car. This would take the dealer out.

12. widdlewade

widdlewade Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2004
    Bay Area/NYC
    For the money, why not get a CS, drive it for a year or two, then get the 430?

13. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That's the standard F.O. B. $$$$$$$

"First One on the Block"

14. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Even better, get it in writing from the dealer! There's an article in the current SCM by an attorney on this subject, and it usually cannot get done when the dealer finds out. esp. if there's no contract.

Very big risk to be FOTB....

james

15. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    One dealer today offered me one at $80k over and said market demand is pushing some cars up to $100k...I would never pay over msrp for any vehicle.

16. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I have a customer who had an opportunity to purchase an Enzo for slightly above sticker but declined because he never bought over MSRP. When he tires of kicking himself in the ass , I , as a friend , offer to help.

17. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    So do you think the new 430 is super Ferrari caliber? Personally I would'nt compare a 430 to an Enzo,F40,or F50 in any way,shape,or form.....But what do I know:)

Do you think the guys that paid over msrp for the 360's came out ahead?

18. 20C4S

20C4S Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2003
    POOR HENRY... :D

19. jaturon

jaturon Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Bangkok Thailand
    Full Name:
    Zane
    Sorry to barge in here as this might be irrelevant but FYI here in Thailand we have to pay $550k for a 430!!!!

20. speedracer5

speedracer5 Karting

Oct 15, 2004
    Northeast, USA
    To answer your question. If you do receive one of the first F430's from your friend's dealer. You will have it before the summer. So now the big issue is it worth paying over over for.

1st, Most if not all Ferrari dealers in the USA are no longer taking orders as they have over two years worth of orders. And the dealers don't know what to do with all the people on the current list waiting for the 360 that now want to be put on the F430 list add to that all the current owners that want to trade in a car or buy all the lastest Ferraris and have a long-term relationship with their dealer. There are more buyers for a F430 than there will be cars.

2nd, There are going to be lots of people who are going to want a F430 never mind get it first or sooner than later. They will gladly pay over for it. I believe if you really want the F430 and want one period not just first then take your friends offer. If you decide not to ask yourself if you will be able to get one ever. If you have away to get one from a dealer at list(MSRP) then wait. But I think you will find people who will make you an offer on your car after you have picked up.

Right now we are all speculating as to what will happen. But one thing is for sure there will not be enough cars vs. the number of people who want one. And people will flip out when they see one. And that is before they even drive one. And most won't even get the chance to drive one. So let's just say for the moment that all the mags are too kind in the numbers that they have all been stating. The car is still going to be tremendous. And once people like us current and past F-car owners start getting their cars and telling others, like on here demand is going to grow even more.

So, my long answer is Yes tell your friend you want it. You will not be sorry.