"not dead yet!" - f-car weather post xmas!?!?!? | FerrariChat

"not dead yet!" - f-car weather post xmas!?!?!?

Discussion in 'New England' started by Doody, Dec 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    the weather forecasts i'm lookin' at are showing some good rain on thursday and thursday night all above-freezing. and then clear-sailing (as far as snow is concenred) until january.

fingers crossed!

i thought sunday afternoon might have been my last drive until spring, but luck be a lady tonight.......

i'm trying to take most of next week off. if anybody is interested in doing a low-key hook-up, post here and let's see what we can hammer together. between the weather forecasts and my schedule, the viable options would be mon (afternoon), tue, or thu. this all subject to change at mother nature's whim-of-the-moment, of course!

doody.

2. jmacphee

jmacphee Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Joseph MacPhee
    I refuse to put the top up until I fork the car over to Darin for winter service. Besides it's too damn cold for the top to go up anyway. Even if the meager little motor on the 355 would work at this temperature, the fabric on the roof would probably crack halfway up. Ouch.

Assuming I can get out of the driveway, I'm game for a drive anyday but Tuesday. Tuesday would be ok if you can convince me to take the 355 to a job interview/lunch. I'm thinking I should negotiate the salary first. Thoughts?

Joe

3. mondial86

mondial86 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    David Holmes
    wed is the day for me could f----k off all day
    DAVID ,,in need of ride!

4. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    Where's Big Head?

Dennis had a nice ride last year, on like the 28th that was fun. Monday and tuesday look "warm" as of now but that could change. I don't even think of starting the car below freezing. Wednesday, however is calling for snow showers, but that could change.

I would be up for a little ride if the forecast is accurate.

Tom

5. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Oh MAN! Verell and I are doing my timing belts on Monday/Tuesday! Bummer!

Birdman

6. mondial86

mondial86 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    David Holmes
    Birdman got the lift ,,,tear the car apart,,,how fitting
    david

7. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Yeah, I had it on the lift with half the front end apart two days after it was installed. On the plus side, the car will be finished will all the winter work I'm doing in a few weeks, just in time for winter. :)

Birdman

8. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    maybe we should roadtrip up to birdman's to check out his new GAH-RAJ TAJ MAHAL!?!?!?!?

unfortunatley wed has the uber super duper total utter crapola forecast for the week, davey-wavy. though one never knows 'round here.........

merry christmas everybody! try to stay warm and dry. and watch out for falling reindeer poop.

doody!

9. Hunters360

Hunters360 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    James Wardwell
    Id be interested if the rain washes the salt away. just had the 360 fully detailed for its winter nap but if we have clear sailing im in!

10. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Yeah yeah yeah!! C'mon over and check out the construction site!! Verell and I will be here Mon and Tuesday wrenchin' the car! We'll order some pizza when everyone gets here! I'll buy beer!

I'm serious if you are, pick a day and let's figure out who is coming and e-mail me for directions.

Birdman

11. mondial86

mondial86 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    David Holmes
    to be able to go over ,with several other Ferraris,,to birdmans ,and be able to give him s--t ,,in person ,,about what a great ride we all had up to his house,,,priceless,,I am in what ever the day!!!
    sincerely kidding David
    I am a bit concerned about a guy who is named DOODY is talking about poop faling from the sky,And I thought he was named DOODY because we are all dude's,to him.I could be wrong???

12. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    no bout adout this rain cleaning the roads off. i had to run out to get the boss a few things at the grocer, and man-o-shevitz it's comin' down at times.

unfortunately, the cold weather blows in pronto. the rain is supposed to wrap by midnight, and in about six hours overnight, the forecasters say the temp will fall from 40 down to 20. my guess is that by 05:00 most towns will have salted the bejeezus out of the roads.

we'll see what happens.....

doody.

13. SPHFerrari

SPHFerrari Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2004
    Mass
    Full Name:
    Spenser
    hey guys, by then i will have my Digital Rebel and will be anxious to get out and shoot some cars. maybe if this goes down i could swing by for a little bit and take some pics. just post what day u guys r doin this and where and when. it looks like mon-wed will have good weather. tues and wed should be in high 40s

14. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    David,
    Didn't we determine earlier this year that in fact Doody's nickname was "scatological" in origin? :)

I just talked with Verell and we're still on for Monday. There will be a special surprise here for all to see if you show up. It's blue. That's all I'm saying.

Verell told me to tell you that if you come over, you all have to help change the cam belts!

:)

Birdman

15. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    #15 scott61, Dec 25, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Go figure, Texas gets a foot of snow while here in New England I get to go for a top down Christmas Day drive and try out my new digital camera. Everyone should get out for a ride today as forecast shows snow Sun and Mon.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    i have to say, after the pouring rain i was sure that every town would be salting the hell out of the roads. i was apaprently wrong. we drove from metro west MA down to cranston RI and back last night and i don't think i saw any salt. damn damn clear!

i would have enjoyed a drive today before christmas dinner, but the kids were having too damn much fun to leave 'em!

unfortunately, both weather.com and accuweather.com are predicting 1 to 3 inches of snow by monday morning.

if the forecast is to be believed (ha!) the sun and temps in the low 40s should have the roads cleared off before the week is out, but no more salt-clearing rain.

doody.

17. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Hey Doody,
    While most of us Fcar owners need to shun the salt, the 360 is made entirely of aluminum including body panels. That's a winter driver, baby!

Birdman

18. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    Mine too. But i have been looking into this and amongst other stuff found this

http://www.saltgone.com/

It must be a simple chemical deal to negate salt.

19. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Hey, where were you guys? Verell and I were in the garage all day and no Ferraris showed up. I don't get it Doody, that CS can't make it through 12" of snow?? (My driveway was absolutely unpassable except by 4WD. Verell had to park on the street and trudge in!)

Birdman

20. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    #20 Birdman, Dec 28, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I was able to get the Mondial out of the garage so we could work under the 308. But only because I shoveled a spot! I nearly got it stuck on the first storm of the season, less than 10' from the garage!

Here's something you don't see often...a Ferrari in the snow. (Don't worry, there's no salt in my driveway!)

Birdman
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    hope the 308 work is going well birdie (and verell)!

the CS wouldn't make it up my driveway, for sure. my jeep had to work at it this morning ;)

she's going down for her winter nap this weekend. waiting for the higher temps on saturday and she'll get a nice wash and all the excessive preparations to sleep for a couple months.

you'll have to have us all by in march for a spring garage christening shindig!

stay warm,
    doody.