Dealers in UAE | FerrariChat

Dealers in UAE

Discussion in 'Asia' started by JohnMH, Nov 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    Any exotic car dealers in the UAE? I have been looking on the net, have not found anything. I am not looking for a dealer with just 550s, 360s, etc., but rather someone who sells the older stuff, such as TRs, BBs, etc. During my last visit I did not see too many of the older cars around.

Thanks.

2. Michael Collins

Michael Collins Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2004
    Shanghai/Melbourne
    In Dubai you can check the daily newspaper Gulfnews.com this is the place for the older cars. The dealer AL Tayer Motors also have the occasional older car and normally know of the sell buy position of many of the local cars. Another one is House of Cars who have the usual 355: 360's and recently the F50 of Mohammed Bin Suliman along with other exotics, Porsche cars are like Toyota Corolas in Dubai, Lamborghini cars are much more scarce but still plenty, older cars like the De Tomaso Pantera are occasionaly available. Mercs are every other car. I doubt if you have ever seen so many top of the range cars on a daily basis.

There is a car village on the outskirts of the city which has so many exotics, but be careful as many are stolen and most are poorly maintained, but you can find the occasional good exotic there.

Dubai is a great place to be, and probably in the top three safest cities in the world (also one of the most expensive)

Enjoy

3. kinnie

kinnie Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    Belgium - Aarschot
    Full Name:
    Kinnie Van Gelder
    Do you have some direct web links to these guy's alsoo ?

Thanks,
    Kinnie,
    www.ferrariparts.tk

4. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    Thanks for the info. I don't imagine that any of these places have websites, but look forward to checking it out.

5. Michael Collins

Apr 6, 2004
    Shanghai/Melbourne
    houseofcarsgroup.com
    autosouk.com

check the classifieds in Gulfnews.com for Dubai and Northern emirates the adds often carry url"s

Rod Stewarts F50 is for sale there just now

6. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    Not truly ferrari related, but here goes...

I would like to get satellite TV in the UAE, so I can watch the F1 races, MotoGP racing, etc. Any satellite TV suppliers for the region which offer such programming?

7. Michael Collins

Apr 6, 2004
    Shanghai/Melbourne
    There are many different feeds for Sat TV, to get the best feed check with the Pubs like Biggles (Airport Hotel) or the Irish Village (The Tennis stadium) or many others and check which feed they use. The F1 is a busy time in the pubs there and a lot of fun as there are so many different Nationalities that someone supports every driver and team. All make for goog hearted fun.

8. Yquem

Yquem Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    BELGIO
    Full Name:
    JR
  9. Michael Collins

Apr 6, 2004
    Shanghai/Melbourne
    I lived there for 20 years, left in 2002

10. Robin Wells

Robin Wells Rookie

Aug 26, 2003
    Dubai, United Arab E
    Full Name:
    Robin Wells
    Hi, in response to your queries in Dubai, I can help.

I've been living here for 8 years now, and just today collected my lovely old 1986 Mondial 3.2 Cabriolet from the main dealer (Al Tayer Motors) who did a minor 5k service for approx US$350. Whilst there I nosed around the service dept and there was a whole range of Ferrari and Maserati - a 3500 GT and Ghibli (belonging to Minister of Labour I think), plenty of 355s and 360s, a tatty old 308 that is being recommissioned for sale, 348, some Diablos, plenty of 3200 and 4200s and the new QP.

If you're coming to Dubai, let me know and I can direct you to some places to look at cars. There is a lot of rubbish mind you, and Al Tayer Motors are probably your best bet to get something checked out properly. The service dept manager is an Italian called Luciano Nutricato. I don't understand a word he says to me, but I am told he is quite pleasant.

There is also a UAE Ferrari Owners Club. And I think Rod Stewart's F50 is still for sale...

If you want to find older stuff, you'll need an introduction to one of the big families, where it's all stashed away. Again, Luciano is probably the guy who knows best where everything is.

11. Michael Collins

Apr 6, 2004
    Shanghai/Melbourne
    Dear Robin

Luciano has been only short time in Dubai I think he came in 2003 and yes he is a nice guy , but there only a few guys who know the Emirate’s cars and Al Tayer are not in the frame for anything that is older than 3 to 4 years old, they just do not care. (My car was there from 1988 till 2003)

Rod Stewarts car is with House of Cars, they have a lot of F cars and other exotics.

David Moran was one of the founder members of the F club and is either CEO or CFO of Lamprell Dubai he has a selection of exotic cars, I have known him for 12 years he is still there. You can find Lamprell in the Yellow pages he was based in Sharjah but I believe they have a new base in Jebal Ali, he may have move there.

To find out about the older cars and collectors and performance cars check out the best F car mechanic in the whole gulf, (he was Mohammed Bin Sulimen's car engineer for many years) Ivan is at Arabian Automotive Technologies [email protected] in Sharjah. Tel : 06 5345343

Please do not waste anybody’s time with Al Tayer unless the car is new or nearly new.

12. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    I am in Abu Dhabi until Monday, then in Dubai. The House of Cars is in the Used Car Complex outside of the city? I sold my 84 308 QV, but might be interested in a TR, boxer, Countach or a nice 328. Any luck in finding such exotics?

I think I will just grab a taxi and ask for the location (unless the House of Cars has a website).

Thanks for the suggestions.

I like AD so far, just came back from Marina Mall. Not bad.

13. Michael Collins

Apr 6, 2004
    Shanghai/Melbourne
    Pick up a copy of the Gulf News all the major car garages advertise there and often give their web site.

Careful with the TR's that may advertised there some were stolen to order.

14. Michael Collins

Apr 6, 2004
    Shanghai/Melbourne
    houseofcarsgroup.com