MOAN TIME------------------ | FerrariChat

MOAN TIME------------------

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by tonyh, Jan 23, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Why is there some much BS on this forum at the mo? I know 99 % of it is good natured banter and i join in too. But just lately there's a tendency for some posts [and posters] to get personal and hijack almost every thread for their own ends. Enough is enough, pls.
    SteveF- we know you love all things x 12 cylinders
    Dave Snr- we know you love red Ferraris
    SteveP- we know you own a 360 M, despite what SteveF says
    Tarse- we know you are a barking mad multi -millionaire member of SteveF's 12 cylinder gang ;)
    TonyH- apparently i love a pie

Anyone i've missed out?
    Truth be told, i'm too busy at the mo to sort this stuff out during the week so i'm going over old posts on a Sunday morn. I've better things to be doing ; no, honestly. Pls sort yourselves out.
    Cheers

2. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    thx tone, may start to contribute to the forum now, getting sick myself...........................you eat far too many pies :D

3. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    Good call Tony. It has been rather cr@p lately.

4. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    Couldn't agree more Tony, some of the waffle on here of late really puts you off visiting.

Seems to go in cycles - you do some ass kicking, things are good for a few weeks, then gradually slip down into mindless banter, ass kicking, mindless banter...... etc etc etc.

5. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    There is always some new joker(s) on the block, but if we don't feed them to much, they soon settle down.

6. v15ben

v15ben Formula 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Yep it is getting a bit repetitive!

7. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ wAKE ME WHEN SUMINK INTERESTING POSTED ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Here here Tony!!!!!

8. D11VE:J

D11VE:J Formula 3

Nov 9, 2004
    Tonyh; sorry if Ive caused any upset to you or anyone here, none intended. I'm big enough to apologise openly if I have. I have had some good laughs on FChat with some very funny people, however, it can easily go a bit over the top some times, I agree.

Anyway, my best regards go to you all for what its worth - Dave
    D11VE:J

9. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Dave for what it is worth i have laughed at all the threads that you have started, if it makes people laugh i dont see a problem with them.

10. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Dave

I have enjoyed the banter and had a good laugh. If we all stop with the banter the forum may become really boring.

I still think that I would kick your 4ss in a CS on a circuit, love red Ferrari's and don't enjoy shopping at Sainsbury's

regards
    James

11. acpes

acpes Formula Junior

Aug 11, 2004
    west 12cylinderville
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Bugg*r,
    just when I was going to respray my black car red and saw off 4 cylinders, this has to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade Toe-knee Hand-cock M8,

You have my utmost sympathy. Indeed all these boys have been very naughty indeed. For myself, I have nothing but admiration for your capacity in handling them so gently. However, should they continue with this dreadful behaviour they must immediately be deported to Monaco Penetentiary and therein suffer a fortnights flagellation.

When I misbehaved you sent me to the chocolate starfish factory located within a wing of the aforementioned penetentiary for a whole fortnight. I fear that this treatment is too good for these miscreants.

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are - Tea Arse - Tear Arse - Prince of Flagellation

13. closeshave

closeshave Formula 3

Nov 13, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Davy J
    No wonder you got banned

Dictionary.com
    flag·el·la·tion (flj-lshn)n.
    1. Whipping oneself or another as a means of arousing or heightening sexual feeling

14. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Davy

PMSL :)

15. Tubi

Tubi Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2004
    Athens
    Full Name:
    Hari
    I understand your point of view but i have to disagree.

This is a public forum about ferraris so banter/jokes etc is fine........but i dont wanna log on here and read bollocks about Sainsburys, parking spaces (that thread was $hite)......or threads where 3 or 4 'mates' just talk nonsense.

16. Robbo

Robbo Karting

Feb 16, 2004
    About time isn't it, you never know you may tempt a large number back to the forum if it were sorted. Until it is, then many will continue to stay away.

17. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    Tony, what happened to LAFun2? He came onto the scene and then disappeared soon afterwards. Is he still a moderator of this forum?

18. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Robbo,
    glad you're back... i try but this is a thankless task and i'm busy at wrk at the mo..

19. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    He is still a Mod here but i haven't seen him online for a while.

20. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Illustrious Moderator Comrade Toeknee Hopskins M8,

We don't want any more Mods on the Forum - Rockers Rule OK?

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are - Tea Arse - Tear Arse - Grand Master of Rockers

21. Robbo

Robbo Karting

Feb 16, 2004
    I appreciate it's an uphill thankless tasktask, and have the utmost sympathy. It's a shame, other forums such as pistonheads simply don't have these types of characters. Subtle advice just seems to bounce off them.
    You'll notice that many have simply stopped posting on Fchat as I've done. Good luck, I hope it's sorted.

22. Lee_Proctor

Lee_Proctor Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Full Name:
    Lee
    O...M...G guys. I cannot believe what I am reading!
    This place is sometimes a one off relief from the stressful lives we lead and having friendly banter just distracts us.

I have said it once before and I'll say it again:

"If you dont like what you're reading, dont read it. You'll know it's going to be a rubbish thread after the first few posts"

All the threads these days adequately give a good indication as to whats on it...

"Nova beats 360" - you know it's going to be a rough ride.

Come on guys - dont be boring old farts.

SteveF, SteveP, Tea Are - Tear Arse, D11VE and many many other chappers give it some charachter.

And for information, a lot of people on F Chat actually read Piston Heads. In my first thread ever on there I got a hot shot thread and one of the biggest uproars on there - FOR POSTING A PIC OF MY CAR!!!

Just get on with it....

A tired and bored Lee

23. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    hi robbo you have contributed 2 posts a week for a year never seen you at a karting meeting track day or any fchat event but i do apoligise if i am wrong on that
    so if everybody was like you it would shut down on fchat as i have took time in reading all your 101 posts in a year all you talk about is car values and depreaction and moan about people who have a laugh and joke

24. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Robbo

Read the threads you want to , ignore the rest
    Ignore the post's from people you don't like

But most importantly actually get to know the people on here before you condemn them. I know a lot of them and they are a great bunch of guys with lots of good advice, keen sense of humour and the ability to wind people up on this forum.

James

25. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Good Evening Comrade Johnny Rotten's Son M8,

Robbo is a flibbertigibbet as are all Piston Head Chatterboxes.

With kind regards,

512 Tea Are - Tea Arse - Tear Arse - King of Happiness