ferrrari moves to audi dealership | FerrariChat

ferrrari moves to audi dealership

Discussion in 'Australia' started by scud, Jan 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    I rang jonn cant this morning to ask how my 430 order was going.
    I was told the audi dealership ( valley ) has taken it over from xmas eve. I was straight on the phone asking some questions. I was advised all deposits were held in trust and it was business as usual.I also asked about gp tickets for melbourne as Danielle Harris was looking after it. I might drive down there today and press the flesh to ensure there won't be any hiccups on 430 delivery.
    I would suspect they would still be trying to get their head around what needs to be done.
    I hope their attitude is a relaxed one as it was at cants.
    Keith and Chris use to take the time with customers and walking around cars in the workshop wasn't a problem.
    I assume audi won't be as flexable in the workshop area with insurance issues they way they are. Hopefully Keith/Chris might return . I had heard for a while cant would loose the conrtract but was unsure who would pick it up.
    Makes sense since audi sell lambo's as well. I wonder if they will push Lambo sales harder than Ferrari. Surley Ferrari have done the homework to ensure they are in safe hands? Who makes the decision on which dealer gets the right to sell Ferraris.Ferrari importer ( maranello ) or Ferrari Spa? It's been with John Cant a long time.
    rock on

2. yasmin

yasmin Formula Junior

has the dealership moved to the Audi dealership? Has Cants showroom closed ?
    I heard through the grapevine here in melbourne that Cants was on the market and looking for a new owner (it was offered to a friend of mine).

3. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    I think only ferrari has moved but citreon?etc remain.Cant might be for sale since John passed away in 02 and maybe Harris has other fish to fry.Going into the valley will be heaps easier than toowong since I work on the east side of brisbane and fighting the traffic was an issue.
    rock on

4. vroomgt

vroomgt Formula 3

Aug 23, 2004
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    John ARBA
    Greg Willems DP at Audi has taken over Ferrari Maserati in Brisbane.

He is building a new facility next door to Audi that will accomadate the following Brands
    Alfa
    Maserati
    Ferrari
    Lamborghini
    lotus
    Bentley

He will be installing a further dealership at the gold coast at the old Schulz prestige cars site.

Citroen was sold some months ago to Brisbane BMW.

Keith Minchin has also been working for Greg for some months at Alfa and will obviously revert to his old role.

Hope this settles a few nerves!

Regards, John

5. ramone_johnny

ramone_johnny Rookie

Apr 19, 2004
    I went past John Cant about 3 weeks ago and noticed the place in darkness. I couldnt see any cars either. I was almost in tears! I used to pull in there quite often and peek in through the glass....

Where abouts have they relocated too? Does anyone have the address?

Also, would there be anyone in Brisbane that would take me for a ride!!!??

Thanks,
    John

6. vroomgt

vroomgt Formula 3

Aug 23, 2004
    Brisbane Australia
    Full Name:
    John ARBA
    they have relocated to the Alfa Romeo showroom in the valley until the new showroom is built this year.