My new F430 arrived | Page 4 | FerrariChat

My new F430 arrived

Discussion in '360/430' started by PATRIEK, Jan 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Liquid

Liquid Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Doylestown, PA
    Are the CS carbon fibre mirrors an option on the 430?

2. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    seems like no one paid atention to the fact of Pat's car being the only one with Scuderia shields looks like a dream...

3. rossi

rossi Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    SF shields don't fit the car. Just my 2c.

4. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    shields do fit the car.
    rock on

5. PATRIEK

PATRIEK Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    Full Name:
    Patriek
    That car, with that color NEEDS the shields !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. PATRIEK

PATRIEK Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    Full Name:
    Patriek
    no

7. PATRIEK

PATRIEK Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    Full Name:
    Patriek
    btw, I had my first drive with it yesterday,
    The car drives fine, but the difference with the 360, is not as huge as they announce,
    I even was a litlle bit disapointed about the car, I expected a lot more !!
    I only drove it for 50km, slippy roads, and only did a max speed of 270km/h,
    but when the weather gets better, I will take it for a real test drive ... and maybe I will think different about it, but I really doubt it

8. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    can anybody else supply a more exciting look on the 430? I am losing sleep on my delivery but after this post,I feel a little let down and I haven't even got the car yet.Patriek are you so sure about this?

9. PATRIEK

PATRIEK Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    Full Name:
    Patriek
    VERY sure !!!!!!!!!

10. PATRIEK

PATRIEK Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    Full Name:
    Patriek
    I just drove it again, ... it was better, felt better
    Think I have to change my mind about it, the car felt great, cornering very well, high speed very well, a lot of torque
    yep, it felt a lot better, maybe I was a little bit depressed yesterday (yesterday, when I took delivery, it had a flat battery already, so we had to wait a couple of minutes to reload the battery a bit, before we could go for our first ride, and tht's not a good start, isn't it,... )

11. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Very sloppy work by your dealer, I'd say.

Gary

12. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody

ONLY 270 Kph! Thats c170 mph! Can you do this on the open road where you live?

13. PATRIEK

PATRIEK Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    Full Name:
    Patriek
    yes indeed, the mechanic told me that the guy who cleaned the car for delivery, let the contact on, and the doors open, so the battery went flat ...
    as I'm driving Ferrari for 12 or 13y now I got used to flat batterys, but didn't expect that from a new car.
    I have installed the fabric automatic battery charger on the car, so the problem must be solved in the future
    I also have that installed on my 348,(and had it on the 360sp) and I'm very pleased with it, it works very well, no more flat batterys since then.

14. PATRIEK

PATRIEK Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    Full Name:
    Patriek
    Oh yes for sure, it was because my girlfriend was with me, and there was a little bit of traffic that I stoped going harder, but it's no problem over here, you just have to watch out for radar control

15. PATRIEK

PATRIEK Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    Full Name:
    Patriek
    don't worry, the seems to be getting better, second drive gave me a mutch better feeling about it

16. lager99

lager99 Karting

Feb 8, 2005
    Red Deer, AB
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Only 270km.h...hahahaha...congrats.

17. PATRIEK

PATRIEK Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    Full Name:
    Patriek
    it's amazing how the car climbs to high speeds, in no time you reach ...270km/h or higher (but that's for next week, the next days, they predict rain, rain, rain ..)

18. rossi

rossi Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    Hey, to each his own, right? IMHO they just look too much.

19. PATRIEK

PATRIEK Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    Full Name:
    Patriek
    too much ??

20. rossi

rossi Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    Yep, just too much "horsies" and "Ferrari" at the car: you can see them all around (and also inside) the car. Moreover I think there's not enough space for the relatively big shields at the front fender. The space between door and front wheel is too narrow to properly place a shield. Looks better at F40, F50, Enzo and even at the 575 BTW. Last point: shields are placed too high at the fender and therefore are bent too much.

21. PATRIEK

PATRIEK Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    Full Name:
    Patriek
    that's your point of vieuw, I respect that, but you must see them in real, they look really nice on the coupe, ... I would not take them on a spider, but it's make the coupe much more sportive

22. rossi

rossi Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    Patriek, I've seen lots of them, both Berlinetta and Spider. I think they are quite nice, but they don't really fit the 360/430 (out of the several reasons I have described above). Perhaps I would take them at a grigio or black car, as that car may look too plain without the yellow shields, but I don't like them at red or yellow cars. Same goes for the brake callipers: yellow or red ones at at black/grey car alright, but no colour (what means standard black) when you order rosso corsa. But as I said, to each his own...

23. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    I'm glad to hear you're warming up to her (or is it the other way around?)

24. eurperules

eurperules Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2005
    belgium
    Full Name:
    stijn quintyn
    congrats patriek, i'm glad you enjoyed your first drives!
    if you ever pass by aalter, let me know allright!? :)

and if you don't, i'll just have to come and see the car at your club

:D

25. PATRIEK

PATRIEK Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    Full Name:
    Patriek
    maybe I will, a lot of times, when I feel like driving the car for a while, I don't know to where to drive, so maybe, when the weather is fine I can come by to meet each other,
    remember me ... ( I think you PS me at rennteam right ?)