Any Singapore Ferrari owners? | Page 29 | FerrariChat

Any Singapore Ferrari owners?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by DouglasNg, Jun 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Should we end it?

1. Lung will Break

2. MP will Break

3. The Singapore Thread will Break...END IT!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. absolut

absolut Karting

Oct 21, 2004
    SF, should have called me, would have loved to gone and see car with you.... let's go and pay melvin a visit the next time and maybe he will let us test drive it...

got your testa yet, give me a ride soon eh...

2. fredgrisham

fredgrisham Karting
    BANNED

Aug 6, 2004

Nice to hear that. How much is the 7mth old Gallardo? Can you scan the brochues and post them online here?

Thanks

3. ultimo

ultimo Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2004
    The only people in Singapore that can pull of this kind of 3 bull ownership is either SL or Ivan...more likely is SL..if it Ivan i would have heard from him long time ago

4. ultimo

ultimo Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2004
    One thing i dun like about Eurosports is they are not discreet...about who buys what...no sense of confidentiality. Unless you are the type that like everyone to know you have money then its no problem.

5. ultimo

ultimo Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2004

About the above...i am still waiting for his permission.. but i guess no reply is no...

6. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    The 7months old Gallardo is asking for S$700K but only done 1600km. If I'm ready(alamak only striked 3 nos on Toto), I think $680 or $650 would be a good buy :) Road tax @ S$6.9K, 2yrs unlimited mileage warranty. I don't think I can scan & post the brochure here as it's A3 size? Mostly black/white pix, there's two magazine reviews & 2 VCDs included. Apparently, they rated it better than a 996 Turbo in a German article. I did download a press release video for the Murcielago from internet, quite awesome.

Discreet? Well, there's only 22 new models on the road now so not that difficult to find out who's who.

They may set up a test drive next week, PM me. Not too sure if they're comfortable with a group though.

My testa no deal yet....got to live with my old horse for now.

7. fredgrisham

fredgrisham Karting
    BANNED

Aug 6, 2004
    Thx for the information. Anyone here knows how many 612 are there on the roads of Singapore? lung, since you just bought a Gransport, do you know of any 612s in the showroom available for viewing as well as the asking price?

8. ultimo

ultimo Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2004
    My advice for anyone in the market for a second hand gallardo WAIT...especially in Singapore.

The SV and the S versions are coming out second half of this year...so you probably looking at 580-600.

9. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    I believe there is one in the showroom... don't know what the price it. Why don't u just go to the showroom and ask? I am sure they will be willing to entertain u.

10. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    I am begining to wonder what this thread is coming to... its seems to be about the cars other people own and "gossipping" who is owning what.
    I am also begining to question who are the lurkers and the wannabes and who are the owners and true enthusiasts.

Just my thoughts...I could be totally wrong of course.

11. tuck

tuck Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Well..... I think that when there isn't that much to talk about, people will always try to find something to bring up. And inevitably, the subject will revolve around the F-cars/Lambos that are in Singapore since there aren't that many anyway. I am ok with people talking about cars and prices cos it keeps me in the know. wrt mentioning names, it's ok if the person in question has no problems with his name being advertised all over, or over a cup of coffee with fellow f-chatters.

But I think Lung has a point, in that we should discuss more about events, gatherings, and occasionally some off-f-topic matters.

my 2 cents.

Lung, you bought a grandsport? Cool. When can we see it?

12. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    soon... very soon...hahahaha

13. phil30

phil30 Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Somewhere I belong
    Full Name:
    Phil Tan
    This is a open thread and I guess we cannot stop people who enjoy gossipping. I think it is quite obvious who are the owners/enthusiasts and who are the wannabes/lurkers. If things get too personal and vindictive, the best way is to just ignore and not respond. Let's just enjoy car chat and motoring.

Cheers

14. synergyx

synergyx Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Synergyx
    Yup, that is why it's so quiet these few days in this forum.
    Well....i think Lung has a point too. Mentioning names of F-cars owners, are a bit sensitive here especially those owners who are not a chatter here. And as what Philip has reminded us once again that this is an open thread (which means that public can also see our posts).
    I saw some other forums gossipping about some F-cars owners in singapore, in the end, resulting that the owners always see people standing outside their gates, taking spy photos. This also invade privacy. I am sure no owners like that.
    We should, like what Tuck says, discuss more about events, gatherings and updates of the cars' prices and new cars in singapore.

15. absolut

absolut Karting

Oct 21, 2004
    i can't agree more with lung.... perhaps that's why i don't post as much as i read from this thread...

loved this forum thing initially, good place for like-minded people like SFchallenge,lung and me to exchange notes and share our experiences.....on and off it being a open forum, there are bound to have all kinds of people posting all kind of things.... some interesting and some quite personal...

I have a close friend that used to contribute regularly till someone posted untrue and "personal" comments and now he's so put off and digusted that he doesn't bother sharing anymore.... i can understand why

well, i guess everyone is entitled to have his own opinion but i think the spirit of the forum will be dampened with things like specific name dropping and comments that are too personal. everyone should have a right to his own privacy and it's not nice to intrude or "gossip" too much. that's just immature...

i love this thread and love to exchange views and my own experience with anyone, actual ferrari owners or just ferrari enthusiatics or anyone...

we are all in the forum as we love the cars and most things associated with it, some of us may not be as lucky/smart/rich as some others to actually own one in our lifetime but that doesn't make us any less qualified to love and appreciate the marque

lung, you got a gransport ??? sweet ! congrats !!! hope you have not sold the other car (sell it to me if you wish to do so in the future, dun export it!)....and you must give me a ride..... please....

let's keep this forum kicking...

happy new year to everyone !

16. RO1

RO1 Karting

Jan 6, 2005
    yes must admit I feel uncomfortable sometimes when looking through the thread..the name dropping and ocassional mud slinging makes for interesting reading sometimes but must be unpleasant for those involved....whether as friends or 'victims'. But that's the internet...bo pian la.

Back to more pleasant things...next meetup, let's see something really (really really) special. I'll arrange via sms to those that met up the last time ok?

17. ultimo

ultimo Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2004
    Oh dear....why do i have a general feeling the latest posts are directed towards a certain direction.

Perhaps let me clarify my position;

1) I wished I could join you guys on your trips and make new friends in Singapore, other then those i already know. But simply i can't have a sports car or anything resembling one in Singapore not even a 2 door Hyundai etc. (Pls dun ask why just typical extended family politics)

2) I have a number of sports cars in Europe and do post under another nick here in another part of the forum x000 plus posts, plus i have actually met with a few of them too.

3) The names i have mentioned here in Singapore forum are all good friends of mine, and they know me well enough not to be offended, besides they are actually more "keen" for people to know wjo they are then i am.

4) If you notice i dun mention much about the Ferrari owners in Hong Kong (where i am living now) as the risk of being kidnapped/extortion is very high so i do know how to be discreet also.

5) Good night gentleman...humans have a limited lifespan, we will definately ride together one day...

18. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    Its a funny story buying the Gransport. Woke up on Wed without the intension of buying a car. Went to HS to check out a noise coming from the engine (fan). Walked into the showroom, saw the GS, started the engine, switched off the engine, throw price HS, HS accepted, signed dox in pm, told wife, killed by wife (just kiddin, she loves the Maserati). Delivery on Wed. Its the Pearl White GS with "electric" blue interior.

Lets meet up on Sat pm. I will bring the GS.

Ultimo, please come, it will be good to meet everyone. Its the New Year.

I will post photos on Wed evening....

19. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Hmmm... no wonder it's been "silent nights". Hope I didn't offend anybody yet? Well, guess we'll have to bear with whoever/whatever comes up in a public forum. It's free speech, ya? My worst nightmare would be the taxman lurking around.

I just happen to love all crafted machines like cars, boats, bikes etc. I used to keep some vintage bikes & restored a few myself, they still make me look twice at them then modern machines. Those were e Goo'O days when I clean carburettors in the kitchen & had to push my bike when they break down in e middle of e night! I even get strangers stopping by to ask if I need help!

Now, with the Ferrari; people stare @ u with a jealous look & even lorries+vans try to race with me though I would like to cruise within speed limits. You get your loved cars scratched, emblem plucked, tires stolen (my friend had a Honda Civic with all 4 wheels missing one morning with the car sitting on bricks!) Sad huh, e tiny 'guts' people have on this island. Why don't they stop whining like a pig & start working like a bull...or contribute to the Singapore Pools like I do :)

Hey, let's have a party for the new Maserati G'sport! Congrats, Lung! Can we smash a bottle of champagne on it? Can we? hehee. I've heard the exhaust note in a closed carpark before, it was't a Japanese, not Porsche, not exactly a Ferrari then a Maserati Convertible shows up. Awesome, I bet your G'sport sounds better. Need a ride down HS on Wednesday? I need to pay my membership. I didn't now there's an upgrade for Lambos?

Anyone keen in setting up a rally or group driving looking for good food & nice scenery? I'm still looking for that old coffeeshop that was featured in ST. Somewhere along Ayer Rajah or Bt Timah.

BTW, I had a polisher (A-Chua) who polished my 348 & it looks almost new now :) S$100 for a 4hrs+ job. In+out, he's mobile & has a generator to power his tools, does hifi as well. Highly recommended. PM me for his Hp.

20. Zertec

Zertec Formula 3

Oct 5, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Clive Reed
    90 degree crank (not flat-plane) hence the different sound

21. ultimo

ultimo Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2004
    Thanks for the invite Lung...but I am in HK now and wont be planning to visit Singapore till perhaps mid-year...really busy supervising at the moment :)

I am surprised there are still cases of vandalism in Singapore...in HK ,there are of course some unhappy elements of society but they wont dare vandalise cars as they are afraid of scratching a triad member's car.

As for the Lambo upgrades, well it is already old news...Singapore salesmen have a habit of not informing customers of new models, facelifts etc.... one of my banking friends just taken delivery of a 730i from Performance only to realise the facelifted model had been launched...terrible practise.

"At the moment the Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT is getting prepared for the 2005 edition of Le Mans by entering it into competition for the FIA GT Championship, but what's also very interesting, it has been as good as confirmed that a limited production run of 25 units will be sold to the public as a road-going version of this high-power V12 flagship.

The current 6.2 Liter engine of the Murcielago will however be replaced by a 6.5 Liter unit which has been pushed beyond 740 Bhp during testing, production cars will however receive a slightly de-tuned version with a power output between 650 and 680 Bhp to increase reliability. The road version of the R-GT will also use rear wheel drive instead of all-wheel drive to loose weight and ceramic brakes will be mounted, at the moment the first prototypes of the R-GT for road use are being tested at the factory.

It is clear what the objective here is, outperforming their arch rival, the Ferrari Enzo ... and judging by the numbers it should, the 'public' Murcielago R-GT could reach a speed of 100 Km/h in less than 3.5 seconds, naturally this R-GT version will clear the way for the next evolution of the Murcielago ...

Since the Gallardo, with his V10, 500 Bhp, engine is so close to the Murcielago right now, this new 6.5 Liter V12 engine will be mounted in a revised Murcielago that will be introduced after the 25 units of the R-GT have been finished, also it became clear that a GT or SV version of their flagship will be a possibility soon after that.

Naturally the Gallardo will not be forgotten, the Roadster version is still being eagerly awaited, and should be introduced in 2005, the good news is that this time a real canvas top will be used, one that will actually fold away underneath a tonneau, while the rear window will double as a wind block while driving 'topless'.

After the Gallardo Roadster, a more powerfull SV edition with at least 550 Bhp will be unveiled to make sure the closed version doesn't suffer too much of a sales drop after the Roadster is introduced to the market."

22. ultimo

ultimo Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2004
    From an email from a french dealer

" The 2005 Murciélago Coupé has some important differences compared to last year's model. Most importantly, it has a new braking system with offers an even higher performance. In particular, the diameter of the front and rear brake discs has been increased. The front disc diameter has gone from 355 x 32mm, and the rear disc diameter from 332 x 32mm, to 355 x 32mm. The front callipers are also new and have 8 pistons; the rear callipers are unchanged but the diameter of the four pistons have been increased.

The power brake and the brake pump are newly designed and more efficient, resulting in a 30% reduction in the pressure needed to be exterted on the pedal. Braking performance is exceptional with, for example, a braking distance of 129.5 meters (deceleration 1.2 g) from 200 to 0 km/h.

The suspension system has been optimized thanks to the FSD technology (Frequency Selective Damping) which is specifically designed for sports cars. It enhances the road-handling performances while permitting driving comfort. In fact, the damping force is automatically adjusted depending on the excitation frequency input.

The wiper system is also new. The “lifting system” is also new; it raises the nose of the car slightly where necessary. And the alloy wheels, the same as on the Roadster, are of a new design.

There are also some new options for the 2005 Murciélago Coupé. Clients can specify coloured brake callipers (yellow or silver), and the Lamborghini badge on a coloured alloy wheel."

The new 'Model Year 2005' Lamborghini Gallardo will come with many new options, including the e-gear sequential shift, for the new “sports package”, a satellite navigation system, transparent engine bonnet and 'sports' track set-up, plus titanium painted rims, a new lifting system and Lamborghini badge on the wheels

23. ultimo

ultimo Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2004
    Oh 2005 Spec Gallardo come with glass engine covers as standard equipment!

24. ultimo

ultimo Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2004
    From November 2004 email

Lamborghini are set to 'pump up' the popular mid-size Gallardo as they seek to counter Ferrari's new rival, the F430.

The next new Gallardo 'family' member to arrive will be a 'Roadster'. It follows hard on the heels of the bigger chop-top Murcielago which has recently started being delivered to customers after receiving strong market interest.

The Bologna-based sportscar maker expect the Murcielago Roadster to account for a significant proportion of the 6.2-litre V12 engined models sales, and the same is expected to be true of the smaller open roofless Gallardo.

Prototypes began testing around the Sant d'Agata factory during the autumn and an official announcement regarding production is expected early next year. (2005)

While the Murcielago Roadster will eat into Coupe sales of what is now a rapidly maturing model, Lamborghini are keen to see the 500bhp 5.0-litre V10 Gallardo Roadster stake out fresh ground and attract new customers as they strive to achieve ambitious targets set for them by parent company Audi.

To this end a new 'extreme' Gallardo will be created in 2006 with which they seek to counter the strong threat now posed by Ferrari's mid-size 360 Modena replacement, the new 315km/h F430, which hits 100km/h from standstill in four seconds flat.

With its, light and compact, new generation 4.3-litre V8 engine, that pumps out 490bhp, coupled to an F1-derived gearbox and advanced aluminium chassis, the new Ferrari F430 has shaken up this sportcar segment.

In response to this new rival, Lamborghini will up the stakes by increasing the V10-engined Gallardo's capacity from 5000cc to 5500cc, while power will jump to nearly 600bhp, thanks also to a new output-boosting modified crankshaft.

Along with mechanical improvements, the Gallardo will receive a makeover that will include much more radical styling. A new rear racing-style wing will feature as the shape is toughened up.

25. ultimo

ultimo Formula Junior

Feb 14, 2004
    Bottom line in my opinion....

I dun like the current range of Lambos....the murcielago looks like an Audi from the back and the Gallardo resembles a Celica...

Technical specs are nice though. But give me a Diablo any day