Your biggest smile in the Fcar | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Your biggest smile in the Fcar

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Gershwin, Feb 24, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GoFerrari28

GoFerrari28 Formula 3

Jun 16, 2004
    Ridgemont, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Spicoli
    Driving to my parents' house one night I stopped at a red light, and shortly thereafter noticed a kid in a compact right behind me holding his cell phone out the window, apparently trying to give whomever was on the other end a listen to my 360. I dropped it in neutral and revved it up to 6k and the kid and his 2 passengers were all thumbs up and smiles. I was like that when I saw my first Ferrari when I was 8. Red on tan 308 GTB, absolutely glistening in the sun. Saw it when I was on the bus ride to some nature center for a field trip. My teacher was not too happy when, in my report of observations, I listed the Ferrari as the most significant observation of the trip.

At least one of us had our priorities in order.

2. Tuco

Tuco Karting

Mar 10, 2004
    Texas
    Had the 512tr on my open trailer, stopped by the Porsche dealership to show it to some salesmen friends, a man in a beautiful brand new black 911 pulled up and said (pointing to his car) "this is not a car THAT is a car" smiled and drove off. That was rich.
    Just one story

3. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    #28 thecarreaper, Feb 26, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    i have had Miles of smiles out of my 2 308's.

getting flashed in the historic area downtown by some of the local hotties.

parking the car WAY out of the way in a huge parking lot, only to come back and find a BIG suv next to the car, a dad and his 4 little boys drooling on it. i let the kids take turns sitting in it, honking the horn.

visiting friends across town. looking out the window to see 2 young cops with camera phones stop thier patrol car to take pics of the red 308.

but the most fun with the Ferrari , are typical weekends.... i took this pic last night in my garage...... cant share the rest :) :) :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
    I had a dinner party at my house for about 15 co-workers in for meetings from out-of-town. I let about 5 of them drive the car that evening... most had never sat in a Ferrari let alone drive one. I'll never forget their smiles. And they'll never forget driving an F-car.

5. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Other than the smile I get every time I get in the car?

Last fall at a car show, a little guy, maybe 8-9 years old, was wandering from Ferrari to Ferrari, in kind of a "shock and awe" condition.

When he got to my car, I told him to hop in. After about a ten second pause, he got behind the wheel and just could not get the smile off his face. Called his buddies over to see him in the car, providing bragging rights for the rest of the day, I'm sure.

I spent the rest of my time there with an even bigger grin on my face, because I clearly made that kids day, maybe week. And, it was easy.

6. 208 GT4

208 GT4 Formula 3

Dec 27, 2003
    Brighton (UK)
    Full Name:
    Dan
    LMAO...Quality post!

7. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    picking up some hot broad in mine, she was turned on by the car as i was doing 100 mph down the highway,or was that the speed of her head bobing up and down in my lap ????? anyway, it was a smile on my face..

8. daz355

daz355 Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2004
    MclarenVille
    Full Name:
    Darren P
    You've all got great stories, so here is one of mine.The day I got my 355 I took it to my older brother's place(a very big Fcar nut) for a suprise.When he pulled up from work his face was a picture.All he could say to me was you F***ing B*****d and just started gibbering away.With that I said to him do you want to go for a ride and threw him the keys.He was like a little boy at Xmas time.I will never forget that day and nor will he.
    Daz

9. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Yesterday, my company sponsored a Boy Scout Merit Badge Clinic for engineering. I decided to volunteer to help, which was a good thing, since we were still understaffed. I took the 328 and parked it where I knew the boys would see it as they arrived for the day's activities. And though I was wearing a company shirt, I did wear a Ferrari cap.

Along with the questions on aircraft design and manufacture I fielded during the day there were the inevitable questions about the car. It was obvious that they had seen the car on the way in and to them I was the "Ferrari guy". I deferred the car questions as much as I could (they were there to learn about aviation, after all) but at day's end I waited by the car as they were leaving and a fair number of the scouts and their leaders stopped by. Of course everyone was grinning broadly. I got profuse thanks for letting them see the car. (As I told one of the leaders at the beginning, they were going to see a lot of things during the day they hadn't seen before, so why not add one more?)

10. TTBADBOY

TTBADBOY Karting

Jan 22, 2004
    Posts like this give Fcar owners a bad name.Yea ,sounds like lots of fun. :rolleyes:

Joe

11. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    Taking my friends kids out for a ride. We incorporated a tour past their girlfriends' houses so they could be seen in the cool car.

One's 8 and the other's 6 :D

12. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    What does THAT never happen to me?

13. Serpent Driver

Serpent Driver Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2004
    Norway
    Reading this gave me a warm feeling, I'm so looking forward to the day when I get o feel the same feeling as you did!

14. 3M7M5

3M7M5 Karting

Sep 26, 2004
    #39 3M7M5, Feb 27, 2005
  15. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Getting ride in a 575 was without a doubt the best day of my life. I was smiling for so long my cheeks started to hurt.

16. ExoticRobert

ExoticRobert Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Mukilteo, Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Giving my Father in law his first ride in a F-car, a week before he passed on.

17. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    #42 Spasso, Feb 27, 2005
    My dad after a spirited drive across the valley chasing 355's and 360's as noted in my previous post. His first ride, I think he had fun.................................

18. Dan Ciezniewzky

Dan Ciezniewzky Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    I think cavallo nero just ment it as a joke seeing as how low the 3x8's are and how high Porshes are. Just my opinion

19. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It makes me happy to see a thread like this. It's clearly "not all about the cars." These memories and experiences you all are sharing are absolutely priceless. My first ride in an F-car was incredible... I'll never forget it. Anyone who questions the price of these cars obviously doesn't get it. Making your dad, brother, friend, kid, anyone smile and remember that experience for the rest of their life is worth far more than the price of the car. This is what dreams are made of.

20. cavallo_nero

cavallo_nero Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    colorado
    Full Name:
    Giovanni Pasquale
    Posts like this give Fcar owners a bad name.Yea ,sounds like lots of fun

well, i did not divulge the whole story, the whole thing started when the P911 driver flipped us off for no reason at the stop light.... that part did not put a smile on our faces......

21. 96cobrakid

96cobrakid Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    St. Louis, Mo
    Full Name:
    Chris
    While I have had many smiles and giddy laughs from these cars, I think the best was at the 04 French Quarter Classic. I live in St. Louis and drove down to New Orleans for the weekend for the show...My g/f went with me and my buddy and his g/f, so the 4 of us were off. It was a 10 hr car ride for a car show, i couldn't believe my g/f put up with it, well we got there and walked into the show and got to the garden with the 3 Enzo's, F40's and 288's and my g/f stopped next to me (im almost falling over from being week in the knees...lol) and smiles and says, "Im glad I came with you, this is awesome", with a huge smile on her face. IT was priceless. Shes learning slowly but surely bout F-cars, after the event, a yellow Enzo is now "her car"........shes a keeper

I think my biggest smile was helping Roland load up his F40 intot he trailor in St. Louis, he says, Chris, get into he car and steer it while we push u up into the trailror :)

22. PapaiK

PapaiK Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2005
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    I have only once been driven in a Ferrari: 308 GTS. It was very memorable and put a huge smile on my face. One day, I HOPE to just drive one, and we will see my smile then! ;)
    I really apreciate the owners that give kids rides, (me being one of those kids). :D

23. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    #48 richard, Mar 27, 2005
    A few weeks ago I was offered the opportunity to drive an Enzo! The ensuing emotional reaction was so overwhelming that I was unable to control my mouth in order to form a proper smile -- all I could manage was the dumbfounded expression seen below...I was trying to form a big toothy grin, it just didn't work out so well!

24. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    Leaving a party, I had my dad chase down my girlfriend who was going the same direction. We pulled up to their car at a stoplight to see Emily and her friend in the back seat with her parents in the front... I just hope her dad got a good look at it! ;)

25. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth

You must have one or two more you can share!!! She's hot!

Ken